New Princess App available

iamaqt2

56 minutes ago, trbarton said:

If we could get Princess upper management to agree to a zoom meeting where questions could be asked about the new app would other people be interested?

Unfortunately, all upper management knows about this app is that it was released in the month promised, so some Customer Experience SVP will earn their year-end bonus. The fact that it doesn’t work (for most people) won’t affect that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 12/27/2023 at 12:24 PM, Wonder18 said:

It seems if I don’t fill out the shoreside credit card information I can’t get a checkmark. My checklist says it’s incomplete if I don’t fill it out.

I got the same thing.  It showed me in the blue lane.  I filled it out even though we likely will not use.  Once i did, I was prompted to order my medallion, even though i had already done so.  Now showing green lane.  All of my other info transferred just fine.

• Thanks 1

My son upgraded the app and since then his booking is lost. If you log in on a computer it's there and when you call they confirm it's there but it doesn't show on the app (old or new) and when you try to use the web version of the app it says there is no booking. They are working on it but said in general to use the old app until February.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Then, you are in the green lane, as long as you get your OM, before sailing.

Make sure to order your OM.  If you receive it, you’re green or if you pickup at port, then you’re blue lane.

Mine does show ours as the order completed and a history of the order.

Ours also. 

We are on hold to talk to a Princess representative. Sadly, we deleted the old Princess app…now we can not be in the “green lane” on the NEW app because we did not give the credit card info for OFF ship buying to Radiqal Gaming LLC!! This is alarming to  us. We do not give out credit card info randomly!!

• Like 5

Well progress has been made. We are at least now both green lane under the new app as well as the old one for our sailing in a couple of weeks. I do think the format of the new app will be more user friendly for onboard usage. Looking forward to real world testing that soon. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Boaters said:

We are on hold to talk to a Princess representative. Sadly, we deleted the old Princess app…now we can not be in the “green lane” on the NEW app because we did not give the credit card info for OFF ship buying to Radiqal Gaming LLC!! This is alarming to  us. We do not give out credit card info randomly!!

Have you tried redownloading the old app?  While the new one won't show check in complete without the Shore deal, the old one let's you complete check in without it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

If we could get Princess upper management to agree to a zoom meeting where questions could be asked about the new app would other people be interested?

That would help with a lot of our questions & the meeting could be posted for other members to see. 

What do other people think & would you be willing to attend such a meeting?

Tom😀

It would be more useful than the blather coming from Carmen Roig most of the time.  IDK how they would field the questions from potentially hundreds of guests.

ETA:  Just remembered.  About a year ago some PCL hot shot was going to come on this forum and respond to member Q&A's and issues about the Princess App.  Never happened.  I suspect they ran away when they saw the breadth and depth of App issues at the time.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

When I opened the new app, I was timed out same as others. When I was able to quickly look at our upcoming cruise in January it shows the wrong Captain's Circle Status for my husband and I so now we cannot buy the internet at 50% off. Just more headaches for all of us to deal with when we are on board. When will the insanity stop!

Look at your loyalty level, if correct, you could log in and buy it. Or, if his loyalty is correct on the old App, why not buy it on there?

You can also buy OB.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It would be more useful than the blather coming from Carmen Roig most of the time.  IDK how they would field the questions from potentially hundreds of guests.

ETA:  Just remembered.  About a year ago some PCL hot shot was going to come on this forum and respond to member Q&A's and issues about the Princess App.  Never happened.  I suspect they ran away when they saw the breadth and depth of App issues at the time.

Yes, we remember how that turned out!  Wasted our time 

submitting questions. 😳

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Well progress has been made. We are at least now both green lane under the new app as well as the old one for our sailing in a couple of weeks. I do think the format of the new app will be more user friendly for onboard usage. Looking forward to real world testing that soon. 😃

Do let us know with “Live” feedback!  TIA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Using android, can't find new app listed on play store....

What is it listed under? Thanks.

It is there.  You need to look below a bit.  In Play Store, enter Princess Cruises as search term and the results will include both old and new App.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Boaters said:

I have a Capital One card. It allows me to make "virtual" cards for specific uses. I have virtual numbers for many places and the number is only good at those specific places. I can set any expiration date I like. For instance: the card I use for Princess is not my actual card. It is only good at Princess cruises. The card I use to order Papa Murphy's Pizza is only good at Papa Murphy's. There is nowhere online that I use my "real" credit card number.

If I am forced to put in a credit card for onshore use I will simply create another virtual card for that use. I get both an email and a text whenever the card is used so it's easy to immediately catch any bogus charge if one should be made.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It is there.  You need to look below a bit.  In Play Store, enter Princess Cruises as search term and the results will include both old and new App.

I just looked at the play store and found the app. I'm surprised that it says it's available for all my devices as the old app isn't available for my older tablet due to OS requirements. (My tablet is so old that it has Android 7 (Nougat) and can't be upgraded to a newer OS.) The new app says it can be installed on the tablet.

NEW PRINCESS APP

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

That would help with a lot of our questions & the meeting could be posted for other members to see. 

What do other people think & would you be willing to attend such a meeting?

Tom😀

In other social media online forums the official Princess channels are being bombarded with the same questions/concerns that are being raised on this forum.  I'm pretty sure they are aware 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

In other social media online forums the official Princess channels are being bombarded with the same questions/concerns that are being raised on this forum.  I'm pretty sure they are aware 🙂 

Nothing wrong with bombarding Princess with our concerns, especially since no one, so far has posted any feed back from Princess. At least I haven't heard back. 

Edited by doghog

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Boaters said:

You can reinstall the old app.  I did that yesterday and everything was still there just like before.  I'm going to leave both on my phone until after our cruise in 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Look at your loyalty level, if correct, you could log in and buy it. Or, if his loyalty is correct on the old App, why not buy it on there?

You can also buy OB.  

I was planning to buy it when on board so I can use my OBC.  I will have to buy under the old app as my status shows correctly on that but now my husbands shows incorrectly under both the old and new app. Mine is incorrect on the new app only. Just something else for me to have to deal with. That’s not what vacation time is for. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

I’m not downloading this app until all the bugs are worked out. Surprisingly, some have reported no issues while others are having issues. I still have not received an e-mail from Princess regarding the new app.
I’m wondering, the people that are having issues, did you received an e-mail from Princess on the new app?

No I didn't/haven't received an email from Princess and I'm having the same timed out issues as others, when trying to access the check in details. Even though I haven't received an email, as soon as I accessed the old App yesterday I got a screen advising of the new App and the option to install it.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

This is funny. What makes you think that all the bugs will ever be worked out? They certainly never got all the bugs worked out in the first app. Like you, I am going to wait a while before I install the new app. I have no need to do so at the moment and don't see any compelling reason to install the thing yet.

What makes you think that all the bugs will ever be worked out? So, true. What was I thinking.  Sorry. 

What I don’t understand, Carnival/Princess is a very large successful company and they can’t seem to create a user friendly app with no issues. In my opinion, the creation of this app was outsource. Therefore, where is the quality control by Princess staff?

It is what it is, so I’m going to wait and read everyone comments before I use it.

• Like 4

We'll be getting on board on Saturday, we have a lot of the same problems as everyone else but as long as we get on board and they have cold drinks then the rest will work out. I'll try to post an update on how the app works on board.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, leck57 said:

No I didn't/haven't received an email from Princess and I'm having the same timed out issues as others, when trying to access the check in details. Even though I haven't received an email, as soon as I accessed the old App yesterday I got a screen advising of the new App and the option to install it.

I didn’t receive an email about the new app.  It showed up when I opened the new app.  Gave an option 

1 hour ago, nazpaz said:

Have you tried redownloading the old app?  While the new one won't show check in complete without the Shore deal, the old one let's you complete check in without it.

Thanks, we reloaded the old app…not giving credit card info to something called Radiqal Gaming LLC.

• Like 7