New Princess App available

iamaqt2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Try signing in with the booking number.

I’ve done that. Just don’t understand why we can’t see all our upcoming cruises anymore. And how is this going to work when you’re on a ship if you have to sign in each time and it doesn’t leave you staying signed in.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Solara said:

I’ve done that. Just don’t understand why we can’t see all our upcoming cruises anymore. And how is this going to work when you’re on a ship if you have to sign in each time and it doesn’t leave you staying signed in.

Once OB, you should only be able to work on that cruise, as it is now.  
It should not knock you off.

If you want to see the other cruises, while OB, you could go on the website.

I really hope they do enable us to toggle between cruises, as in the past, pre cruise.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CHK said:

Do I have to delete old app first? When I got to apps on my iPhone and search for Princess all I see is "open" and that just gets me to the same app I have downloaded that doesn;t work

Search for the app:

Princess Travel

• Like 1

Even though it looks like a green check or ready to sail on the new App…I would still check the different categories, like communication, payment, emergency airport etc, as I found some of those did not move over.

I have been going through each category for both guests. 

Based on yesterday’s downloaded App and today’s App…I see things have moved over, that were not on there yesterday.  So, assume they are still working on this App.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

Keeps timing me out with my account details so trying I’m the booking reference. I’m no Steve Jobs but could everyone’s apps being constantly active on the ship (wether being used or not) be making speeds slower so Princess have decided to sign you out if you’re not using it? It might be a bit of a pain in the you-know-what having to log in but it may mean that your online experience might be slightly better.

Update.

It hasn’t auto logged me out when logging in with booking reference over a couple of hours ago. This is on an iPhone 13 (if that makes any difference to anything). As far as I can tell everything has been transferred across.

Edited by Jimmys Chippy
Grammar
  • Like 1

I should have looked here on CC before calling Princess this morning. We had many of the same problems as others have.  I did finally find the new place on the new app where dining reservations show (calendar with heart in upper right corner).  The worst part was when I called to ask about our Jan. 7th cruise and dining (which I thought the reservations had disappeared) the Princess agent told me just to "check on the ship".  She had no idea that dining reservations did transfer over.  I also questioned what happened to a cruise in August, and her response was "you will have to wait until after your January cruise to access the August cruise" and I told her that absolutely made no sense.  I got transferred  to a supervisor who agreed that the new app has "problems" and that they have work orders in for updates to this app that was just released.   My advice to anyone is not to delete the old app until the new one has all the info.  

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Solara said:

I've signed in with both username/password and booking number. I get different results from each, but in neither case does everything work. 

Your comment about having to sign in each time is what I get with both methods, and it's currently my biggest beef. It's totally ridiculous. It's simply not rocket science to generate a login cookie so a person doesn't need to log in each time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TW6cruiser said:

She had no idea that dining reservations did transfer over.  I also questioned what happened to a cruise in August, and her response was "you will have to wait until after your January cruise to access the August cruise" and I told her that absolutely made no sense.

SMH.

4 hours ago, clarky213 said:

Doesn't show my Dec 2024 cruise when I log in. If I try adding the cruise with the booking number, it says that cruise is already added.

Oh my - I can't believe (but I do of course since it is PCL IT after all) they kept that entry.  Never attempt to add a booking voyage.  Simply login with your Name, BD, and Booking Number. 

As many have reported, this only lets you see that voyage and not any others you have booked.  This seems similar to the website Cruise Personalizer, except there we could (can still?) bounce from one booking to another from a menu list of booked voyages.  Hopefully, they will see the light and make this work in the new App.

14 hours ago, doghog said:

On the bottom of the app you'll see 5 different icons. Tap on the profile icon.  Tap on OceanReady Checklist. Scroll down to you see your name. Under your name you should see a green circled check mark and Ready to Sail in green.  I'm assuming that means you are in the green lane. Tap on your name and each line item will have a green circled check mark next to them. At least my wife shows that way. Mine has one line item not green. Mine says 6 out of 7 completed. I'm not giving permission for Shoreside payment method. New requirement. We both were green lane in the previous app. I'm still considering myself in the green lane. I may call Princess and challenge the Shoreside payment method request. 

Having the same issue.  DH 6 of 7 completed.  Won’t complete without shore side credit card, which we don’t do. 🥺. If I login it show both of us ready to sail.  I’m so confused 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Having the same issue.  DH 6 of 7 completed.  Won’t complete without shore side credit card, which we don’t do. 🥺. If I login it show both of us ready to sail.  I’m so confused 

Then, you are in the green lane, as long as you get your OM, before sailing.

Make sure to order your OM.  If you receive it, you’re green or if you pickup at port, then you’re blue lane.

Mine does show ours as the order completed and a history of the order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I've found so far:

1. You need to sign in with booking number, etc. if you want to look at Check-in information, otherwise you will be logged out immediately.

2. You can't complete the check-in information unless you add a Shoreside payment method.

3. You can report this by emailing the app developer at AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

4. If you keep the old app on your device, it can still used and correctly reports check-in status.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

What I've found so far:

1. You need to sign in with booking number, etc. if you want to look at Check-in information, otherwise you will be logged out immediately.

2. You can't complete the check-in information unless you add a Shoreside payment method.

3. You can report this by emailing the app developer at AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

4. If you keep the old app on your device, it can still used and correctly reports check-in status.

I signed in yesterday with my email address & password & got logged on. I tried using my booking number & it didn’t work. 

Tom😀

If we could get Princess upper management to agree to a zoom meeting where questions could be asked about the new app would other people be interested?

That would help with a lot of our questions & the meeting could be posted for other members to see. 

What do other people think & would you be willing to attend such a meeting?

Tom😀

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, trbarton said:

If we could get Princess upper management to agree to a zoom meeting where questions could be asked about the new app would other people be interested?

That would help with a lot of our questions & the meeting could be posted for other members to see. 

What do other people think & would you be willing to attend such a meeting?

Tom😀

You're heading in the right direction, but I think you missed the target a bit. A Zoom meeting with upper management would probably get a lot of "I need to check with the technical team" or something like that. A Zoom meeting with top level technical team (I know that "Princess top level technical team" is probably an oxymoron) might be productive.

Edited by Sea Hag
  • Like 3

When I opened the new app, I was timed out same as others. When I was able to quickly look at our upcoming cruise in January it shows the wrong Captain's Circle Status for my husband and I so now we cannot buy the internet at 50% off. Just more headaches for all of us to deal with when we are on board. When will the insanity stop!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

When I opened the new app, I was timed out same as others. When I was able to quickly look at our upcoming cruise in January it shows the wrong Captain's Circle Status for my husband and I so now we cannot buy the internet at 50% off. Just more headaches for all of us to deal with when we are on board. When will the insanity stop!

When we made Elite after our last Princess cruise in Nov, we had to contact our TA to have our upcoming January booking updated with our new Elite Loyalty status. Just curious if your January booking reflects your current status, especially if your Loyalty status was upgraded to Platinum after you booked your upcoming January cruise?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When we made Elite after our last Princess cruise in Nov, we had to contact our TA to have our upcoming January booking updated with our new Elite Loyalty status. Just curious if your January booking reflects your current status, especially if your Loyalty status was upgraded to Platinum after you booked your upcoming January cruise?

We have been elite for years so don't know why this occurred. 

• Like 2

I’m not downloading this app until all the bugs are worked out. Surprisingly, some have reported no issues while others are having issues. I still have not received an e-mail from Princess regarding the new app.
I’m wondering, the people that are having issues, did you received an e-mail from Princess on the new app?

Edited by DHP1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I’m not downloading this app until all the bugs are worked out.

This is funny. What makes you think that all the bugs will ever be worked out? They certainly never got all the bugs worked out in the first app. Like you, I am going to wait a while before I install the new app. I have no need to do so at the moment and don't see any compelling reason to install the thing yet.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I’m not downloading this app until all the bugs are worked out. Surprisingly, some have reported no issues while others are having issues. I still have not received an e-mail from Princess regarding the new app.
I’m wondering, the people that are having issues, did you received an e-mail from Princess on the new app?

👍  yep, no point in down loading an app that I won't be using anytime soon.

• Like 1