New Princess App available

iamaqt2

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Unfortunately, all upper management knows about this app is that it was released in the month promised, so some Customer Experience SVP will earn their year-end bonus. The fact that it doesn’t work (for most people) won’t affect that. 

Do you & others think a zoom meeting would be helpful/productive & if so who should we target?  The CEO of Princess or others?

23 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Do you & others think a zoom meeting would be helpful/productive & if so who should we target?  The CEO of Princess or others?

It is hard for me to believe they would conduct/host an open Zoom meeting that could be recorded and posted on social media (for certain) and also viewed by their competition.  They are in a state of public denial, sailing over calm waters with happy guests, even as there may be a turmoil of activity in the IT department.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I was planning to buy it when on board so I can use my OBC.  I will have to buy under the old app as my status shows correctly on that but now my husbands shows incorrectly under both the old and new app. Mine is incorrect on the new app only. Just something else for me to have to deal with. That’s not what vacation time is for. 

Once OB, it should recognize your status. Go on the App and buy it. Easy.  Will go against your folio and any obc. NP

• Like 1

Got the new app and it also won't let me book The Catch. :classic_sad: No way I'm doing that shoreside cc info. Still have the old app and it says I'm ready to go in green lane so sticking with that. Hope they get this worked out before the old app stops working and we sail.

Edited by CruiseMob
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

Got the new app and it also won't let me book The Catch. :classic_sad:

I couldn’t book it on the original app either nor was my TA able to book it when she called them. As others have experienced their call center reps don’t have a clue why. It’s possible to make CG & Sabatini’s reservations but not for any day/time for Catch for our April cruise. 🙄

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It is hard for me to believe they would conduct/host an open Zoom meeting that could be recorded and posted on social media (for certain) and also viewed by their competition.  They are in a state of public denial, sailing over calm waters with happy guests, even as there may be a turmoil of activity in the IT department.

It's no wonder why JP's ex-employer, Disney, axed him.  He has megalomaniac technological ideas and has no idea on how to implement them.  I can attest the My Disney Experience App has worked wonders after his departure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

It's no wonder why JP's ex-employer, Disney, axed him.  He has megalomaniac technological ideas and has no idea on how to implement them.  I can attest the My Disney Experience App has worked wonders after his departure.

Yes, it's cool.  Used it a couple of years back and changed some again now.  Will be using it in early January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Any reason to not try & reach someone?  If nothing happens at least someone tried. 

Tom🤔

1 minute ago, trbarton said:

Any help as who to contact & how to reach them helpful. 

Tom😀

Oh, I'm not being helpful. 😂 Sorry, but I have no idea on that. I just think that unless it's a technical person it won't be very productive. It's doubtful that we could get anybody to do this, but if we did we'd probably end up with some marketing person who has no idea how the app should work.

• Like 2

I can see it all now.  Requirements for the new App were given to both the Development and Testing teams and asked for a launch date.  The date was given and upper management cut it in half and made an announcement on the launch date they wanted.  Marketing then added new requirements during the build and testing phases.  Upper management then asked the Development and Testing managers what was needed to keep their launch date.  As a Testing manager living through many of these types of projects my answer became either a Time Machine or a Delorean.  That is why I am now retired and cruising......

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Eno said:

I can see it all now.  Requirements for the new App were given to both the Development and Testing teams and asked for a launch date.  The date was given and upper management cut it in half and made an announcement on the launch date they wanted.  Marketing then added new requirements during the build and testing phases.  Upper management then asked the Development and Testing managers what was needed to keep their launch date.  As a Testing manager living through many of these types of projects my answer became either a Time Machine or a Delorean.  That is why I am now retired and cruising......

I think you nailed it. I propose a new slogan for Princess, to replace that "come back new" or whatever it is right now. "At Princess, we alpha test software on our customers."

I have been looking through the new app and am finding many new improvements.  First of all, it’s not making me log in every time I check it like it did yesterday.  All my bookmarks for my cruise next week as well as my dinner reservations all moved over properly.  All of my other information also did so.  It’s no longer timing me out.  
It is showing I’m in the green lane and showing me what package I’ve purchased.  I can see what muster station I’m in even before I board the ship.  
And, I know this is a small thing but you don’t have to turn the screen to portrait to view it anymore.  You can use it in portrait mode if you wish, but I mostly use my iPad to check the schedule and such and the old app only allowed the one way view.  This new app takes into account that you can use your iPad or your phone and you can view the screen in landscape or portrait.  Well done!  
The new app also puts any dinner reservations you might have onto your JourneyView schedule.  I’m not sure if it also adds excursions or spa appointments that have been confirmed but would imagine it does.  The new JourneyView screen reads more like the Patter, so it is more easy to read.  That was actually fixed earlier this year but I like the format.  
So far, after it was being a bit fussy yesterday, I now really like it and it seems like it is better than the old app.  Most new technology is like that.  There are little bugs that oftentimes just resolves themselves with a little bit of patience.  

The only thing that I think is not an improvement is that it is not showing all the future cruises I have booked.  That may come with time.  I logged in with using my user name and password vs using my booking number so, would like to see that happen with any updates.  
I didn’t look closely into Explore my Ship but would like to see all ships in the fleet available in the new app, whether I’m at home or onboard.  I like this feature when I’m in the future cruise offices to pick out a cabin.  I will poke around a bit more and see if I can find this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I couldn’t book it on the original app either nor was my TA able to book it when she called them. As others have experienced their call center reps don’t have a clue why. It’s possible to make CG & Sabatini’s reservations but not for any day/time for Catch for our April cruise. 🙄

We are on Discovery in April.  I booked Bistro Sur La Mer in early November, even though I knew it had changed to The Catch.  My dining reservations are now showing the correct date and time for The Catch.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

We are on Discovery in April.  I booked Bistro Sur La Mer in early November, even though I knew it had changed to The Catch.  My dining reservations are now showing the correct date and time for The Catch.  

Lucky you 🙂…I’ve been trying for weeks on the original app but no luck for me. 😟

I also attempted to use the online version accessed through the Cruise Personalizer but when adding my booking number it said that was already used…duh…by me. The amount of time wasted attempting to navigate through the wonky app & MC system is frustrating & sometimes it’s even impossible to complete a task.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nazpaz said:

Princess Cruises on Facebook says the log out/time out probem has been fixed.  I tried it, and so far am staying logged on after signing in with username/password.

I just tried again on my android phone and every time I try to access dining my app still stops or logs out. I can do every thing else just can not get into the dining portion. Any help would be great.

On 12/27/2023 at 11:24 AM, iamaqt2 said:

Well, the new app has finally made an appearance.  When opening the Medallion app it prompts you to download the new app. They are 2 separate apps for now.  The first log in immediately timed out and required a second log in.  So far it looks like it crossed over all information from old app.

Not mine...not sure which one my phone is showing.  It is still showing the purchase of the Medallion device for the 2 cruises I cancelled along with the one we are still going on?