New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Good thing my old app works for now.  I got in on the new app and it logged me right back out within 20 seconds time.  Now, it won’t let me back in… just keeps circling the drain.  😆 So, I will be using the old app for now.  I have a cruise planned for a week and a half from now .. we will see how it goes.  

I believe we're sailing together on Discovery.  We can test drive the new app in real time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

I believe we're sailing together on Discovery.  We can test drive the new app in real time.

We are if you’re on the Jan 6th sailing.  I actually like the app .. just some minor problems.  Change is sometimes hard for all of us … so guess I will get used to the new one if I can get it to work for me.  No sense it judging it just yet.  

• Like 2

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

We are if you’re on the Jan 6th sailing.  I actually like the app .. just some minor problems.  Change is sometimes hard for all of us … so guess I will get used to the new one if I can get it to work for me.  No sense it judging it just yet.  

Yes, Jan 6.  And I like the look of the new app as well.  It's still slightly glitchy, but onboard functionality has always been better for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iamaqt2 said:

Yes, Jan 6.  And I like the look of the new app as well.  It's still slightly glitchy, but onboard functionality has always been better for me.

I am sure that the first day of its release is not the best day to test it out.  The bugs will get worked out in due time.  I told them, I would go on any free cruise they wanted to send me on to be their official tester.  😂 

Can’t believe they didn’t bite at my very generous offer.  LOL

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, minnesotasisu said:

check again. I didn't see my reservations right of way but you if you look in the upper right hand corner of the reserve dining page there is a small calendar with a heart in it if you have reservations. Click on that and hopefully your reservations will show up.

Thanks for the hint about the calendar symbol and heart.  I must be blind or it could have been a little bit larger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrstmaxx said:

Logged on this morning to see how many days until our next cruise.  Had a message that app was going away mid January with a link to the new app. Once I got it loaded when it opens it immediately goes to ‘timed out’. Tried it both on my phone and husbands 😡.  Plus with the old app you just clicked on it but with this new one you have to log on. Anyone else have this problem?  Thanks 

I have an android recent model and it did the same for me.  I read on another thread that with this new ap one has to logon using the booking number.  Already a minus for the new ap.  We will see what other deficiencies it has.  I book on two other major cruise lines and the Princess ap has to be the worst so far.   

Downloaded the new app and prayed.  Voila!  Worked fine.  I had booked two complimentary SD and four paid SD and all was as it should be.  Our Premier package was included as was our OBC.  

I’m actually quite impressed with it.  Looks good and seems to doing what it should.  Time will tell, of course.  I know that some people will not be as lucky as I, so I wish you luck and lots of patience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I have an android recent model and it did the same for me.  I read on another thread that with this new ap one has to logon using the booking number.  Already a minus for the new ap.  We will see what other deficiencies it has.  I book on two other major cruise lines and the Princess ap has to be the worst so far.   

It worked better the first time after opening it way better than the medallion app ever did, maybe it won't take 4 to 5 retries like the medallion app did. 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrstmaxx said:

Logged on this morning to see how many days until our next cruise.  Had a message that app was going away mid January with a link to the new app. Once I got it loaded when it opens it immediately goes to ‘timed out’. Tried it both on my phone and husbands 😡.  Plus with the old app you just clicked on it but with this new one you have to log on. Anyone else have this problem?  Thanks 

Yes, for now… Sign in using your booking number.

1 hour ago, fpsphil said:

Was able to get logged in after letting it sit for a few minutes. Seems the servers are a bit overwhelmed... Whats new

reminiscent of when Red Lobster opened in Miami 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The developers need to reset the auto-logout parameters for logins using username/password combo.  The timeframe set is far too short.  The Medallion App never logged out automatically; logout had to be done manually.

• Like 2

I downloaded the new app, and I have good news and bad news. The good news is that after a second login, I seem to be staying logged in with my username/password rather than booking number. I'm also seeing some - emphasis on "some" - of the info for my next cruise. The bad news is that for the majority of stuff I just see a message saying one way or another "can't get that information."  Good job, Princess! 🤣😂

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Whoa!  Did anyone notice on the new App, the SD rates went up?

I show CG $63 PP, Catch $53 PP.  Did I miss this increase?

Update:  

I checked the new App again and it still shows increased rates for my 2024 cruises, SD reservation.  

I logged into my cruise personalizer, website version of the App for DMW.  It shows the current prices on the website version, not the increased prices.

IDK why there are increased prices for my bookings on the new App.  All I can think, is that

increases are coming. I’m going to book all mine on the website version DMW, for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm back for additional whining and complaining. Neither login method seems to save credentials. It doesn't remember me either through username/password or through booking number. Logging in through booking number shows a title at the top, "Quick Access," and it wants first name, last name, booking number, birth month, birth date, birth year (separate fields for each one of these). How, in the name of reason, is this "Quick Access?" 

• Like 4

The new app signed right in for me using my Princess account email and password. Booked cruise is there, all of my data shows up where it should be. The overall look is much nicer than the old one. Looks to me like they had some good UI planners involved. Excited to see how it works on board!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Downloaded the new app and prayed.  Voila!  Worked fine.  I had booked two complimentary SD and four paid SD and all was as it should be.  Our Premier package was included as was our OBC.  

I’m actually quite impressed with it.  Looks good and seems to doing what it should.  Time will tell, of course.  I know that some people will not be as lucky as I, so I wish you luck and lots of patience.

Same here.  Seems to be ok so far.  I'll keep the old one installed until I'm onboard.

Never hurts to have a backup.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Whoa!  Did anyone notice on the new App, the SD rates went up?

I show CG $63 PP, Catch $53 PP.  Did I miss this increase?

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I hope this is an error because I won’t pay those prices. 😳

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No. I’m in the US. Did you go to book it?

image.thumb.jpeg.5100671b803cd037b7fc45e30f183c49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8455aabe7940e6dd91c58f749c540e1f.jpeg

I see your're looking at the Majestic. Is the cruise you are quoting out of Sydney. These prices are in AUD. I check this our Syd cruise to our Singapore cruise and Crown was still $39.00. I "believe" this is the BIG difference.

19 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I see your're looking at the Majestic. Is the cruise you are quoting out of Sydney. These prices are in AUD. I check this our Syd cruise to our Singapore cruise and Crown was still $39.00. I "believe" this is the BIG difference.

Just off the Grand Princess 29 Nov cruising Australia/NZ and our Crown Grill charge was 53AUD pp so that's close to 63😀

• Like 1

What exactly has been improved?  Still slower than the second coming. Can't sign in with email & PW making for very tedious Booking # sign in.  Can only see one voyage despite "My VoyageS" being displayed.  Can't find travel summary.

Improved!  Really?

• Like 2