New Princess App available

iamaqt2

My issue right now is the boarding pass.  I sail on April 14 and although the boarding pass is there there are no boarding times listed. We are sailing from Canada and I am not sure about their rules. We like to have a nice lunch/brunch before boarding and want to time it out

Has anyone had any experience with the new App not saving your Dining Preferences? My cruise is still 89 days out, so maybe this is a timing issue. When I go into Profile and Dining Preferences, I completed the Allergens and Diet checkboxes and saved both. When I go back in, my allergens are not saved and it looks like I have no allergens or dietary preferences. Do I need to wait until closer to sailing? I'm worried that my food allergies will be an issue on the boat.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Saelicv said:

Has anyone had any experience with the new App not saving your Dining Preferences? My cruise is still 89 days out, so maybe this is a timing issue. When I go into Profile and Dining Preferences, I completed the Allergens and Diet checkboxes and saved both. When I go back in, my allergens are not saved and it looks like I have no allergens or dietary preferences. Do I need to wait until closer to sailing? I'm worried that my food allergies will be an issue on the boat.

For the last year they have always fallen off.  No one will contact you on the ship.  You need to meet with a head waiter once you board the ship.  They will then take care of it.  Your food allergies will NOT be an issue on the boat.  Just meet with a head waiter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

For the last year they have always fallen off.  No one will contact you on the ship.  You need to meet with a head waiter once you board the ship.  They will then take care of it.  Your food allergies will NOT be an issue on the boat.  Just meet with a head waiter.

Thanks for the information. That's disappointing. Why have it on the app if you aren't going to use it, especially with medical conditions!

I'm unfamiliar with the dining staff. Is there more than one head waiter? Do I need to meet with the head waiter at all of the venues I plan on eating at? Or will one conversation update my profile for all of the venues?

On 4/3/2024 at 8:23 AM, memoak said:

My issue right now is the boarding pass.  I sail on April 14 and although the boarding pass is there there are no boarding times listed. We are sailing from Canada and I am not sure about their rules. We like to have a nice lunch/brunch before boarding and want to time it out

Boarding times just showed up 11:30 to 3;30 we will plan on barding around 2;00 or 2:30

On 4/4/2024 at 11:04 AM, Saelicv said:

Thanks for the information. That's disappointing. Why have it on the app if you aren't going to use it, especially with medical conditions!

I'm unfamiliar with the dining staff. Is there more than one head waiter? Do I need to meet with the head waiter at all of the venues I plan on eating at? Or will one conversation update my profile for all of the venues?

There is at least one DRM (headwaiter) per MDR. On your first night, as soon as a waiter approaches your table, speak up. He or she will bring the DRM to your table. The DRM will take notes and guide you through that nights menu and bring you menus for the next day. After dinner, they will take tomorrow’s order. It works pretty well. 

• Like 1

I am current in board.  Should I be able to see the MDR for the length of my cruise?  I only see the current day.  Sometimes I get cruise lines mixed up.  Is this possible on Princess?

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

So, I thought I would try out the new app after the most recent update to make my dining reservations only to find out someone else has already made them for me.

image.png.134e9e69349281f628443e3dd76d3785.png

⁉️

Edited by kamelia
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, kamelia said:

So, I thought I would try out the new app after the most recent update to make my dining reservations only to find out someone else has already made them for me.

⁉️

Big family!🤣

Do you know all those people?

Crazy.  Must be on the Sun.

SMH

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am current in board.  Should I be able to see the MDR for the length of my cruise?  I only see the current day.  Sometimes I get cruise lines mixed up.  Is this possible on Princess?

Thank you.

I am on Discovery…”My Journey” only shows my dining reservation & bookmarked activities for today. Below that is the “Show My Entire Schedule” option which when selecting it shows all of my dining & bookmarked activities for the entire cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Big family!🤣

Do you know all those people?

Crazy.  Must be on the Sun.

SMH

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That eclipses my idea

Actually, it has led to a fun exercise this afternoon - thinking about who would be those 50 other tablemates I could choose from the folks I’ve observed and interfaced with here on Cruise Critic…. no doubt, it would make for a very interesting dining experience 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

⁉️

Now that’s a party! 🎉 

Do you know the people in the photos?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I am on Discovery…”My Journey” only shows my dining reservation & bookmarked activities for today. Below that is the “Show My Entire Schedule” option which when selecting it shows all of my dining & bookmarked activities for the entire cruise.

Thanks.  I am too relaxed.  I meant to ask if you can see the MDR menu for the days in the future. I just see the current day.

5 hours ago, kamelia said:

⁉️

You have room for more Right.? 😂 

50 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks.  I am too relaxed.  I meant to ask if you can see the MDR menu for the days in the future. I just see the current day.

I can only see the menu for the current day on the app & on the cabin TV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I can only see the menu for the current day on the app & on the cabin TV.

That is the way it has been for a long time. Things change day to day it is not a big deal 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you know the people in the photos?

Good thought!  I just went back in to check, and yes, DH and I are both shown within the 31 profile pictures that are currently associated with the reservation, although I don't recognize anyone else.  But, taking it to that next step did reveal that I "have been added to a Dining reservation by GroupZ_group5!"  No clue as to what group that might be, however, a private table for 52 people... maybe we've been comped Spellbound! for the entirety of our cruise? 🙄

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Good thought!  I just went back in to check, and yes, DH and I are both shown within the 31 profile pictures that are currently associated with the reservation, although I don't recognize anyone else.  But, taking it to that next step did reveal that I "have been added to a Dining reservation by GroupZ_group5!"  No clue as to what group that might be, however, a private table for 52 people... maybe we've been comped Spellbound! for the entirety of our cruise? 🙄

Maybe it’s those in your rollcall? 🥴

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe it’s those in your rollcall? 🥴

Or maybe someone mistyped your booking number when trying to connect their group.