New Princess App available

iamaqt2

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just checked for the infamous barcode. We sail in 11 days. No sign of a barcode. However, I am very happy to say the app opened in maybe 15 seconds. I closed it and tried again and it still opened very quickly. A vast improvement.

I have yet to encounter a problem worse than slowness. But at 84 days out, it offers little of use. I've read somewhere that 10-11 days out, this ugly caterpillar emerges from its crysallis as a beautiful, useful butterfly. 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I have yet to encounter a problem worse than slowness. But at 84 days out, it offers little of use. I've read somewhere that 10-11 days out, this ugly caterpillar emerges from its crysallis as a beautiful, useful butterfly. 

Hopefully!🤞 

Playing with the app today it seems to be working quite well and even the activity venues have populated. No issue with slow loading or slow response.

Well, at least they know it. Booked a new cruise, just a few weeks out, and thought I'd nail down some pre-cruise requirements and see if they have any MDR reservation slots still open, but I get this message:  "Managing upcoming cruises is not available while onboard"

So my question is --- Why? Fix it! Or at least stop sending me e-mails telling me to complete my check in. I still enjoy cruising on some (a steadily disappearing portion) of the Princess ships but this app is crap. Dump it, dump the medallions, dump those responsible.

Consider this to be constructive criticism,

Walkingsoon

8 minutes ago, walkingsoon said:

"Managing upcoming cruises is not available while onboard"

Sounds as if you are currently on a ship. If so, try using the website and see if that works for you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Playing with the app today it seems to be working quite well and even the activity venues have populated. No issue with slow loading or slow response.

They used an exterminator yesterday!  🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, walkingsoon said:

Well, at least they know it. Booked a new cruise, just a few weeks out, and thought I'd nail down some pre-cruise requirements and see if they have any MDR reservation slots still open, but I get this message:  "Managing upcoming cruises is not available while onboard"

So my question is --- Why? Fix it! Or at least stop sending me e-mails telling me to complete my check in. I still enjoy cruising on some (a steadily disappearing portion) of the Princess ships but this app is crap. Dump it, dump the medallions, dump those responsible.

Consider this to be constructive criticism,

Walkingsoon

It’s always been that way.  The App, after you log in once OB, is for that cruise only.

You can work on upcoming cruises by going on the PCL website, cruise personalizer, like @Thrak said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They used an exterminator yesterday!  🤣

The exterminator needs to travel to Oz. Just logged in to the App and the first screen (the one with number of days to embarkation) shows in the background but the spinning wheel spun for at least three minutes before it opened. From there I tried to open the My Journey page and I'm at two minutes of spinning wheel and counting. Had no problems until the recent update.

• Like 1

The recent update really screwed something up.  The initial blue screen with the Seawitch passes within seconds.  However, the App homepage and Journey tab take forever to load.  At one point today, the homepage too so long to load that the App logged me out automatically.  Entering my credentials from scratch didn't make the homepage load any faster.  Weird thing is, you can press the Profile tab while the wheel is spinning concurrently on the homepage it will load with no lag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

Thanks for the advice, Thrak and PacNGo. I'll keep trying. Waiting until I debark will possibly work too.

The website version is having issues for quite a few. The weekends seem to be the worst time for the website IT group loading or updating.

I would try again today or Monday.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, memoak said:

I ordered medallions on the old app and when I look at the new app it tells me medallions ordered. All looks to be ok

Are you able to see details of the order history?  My order says “In Progress,” but when I click to see the itemized list I see nothing.

14 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Are you able to see details of the order history?  My order says “In Progress,” but when I click to see the itemized list I see nothing.

We saw the same thing on the new app and our Medallions for our April 10th cruise were delivered yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We saw the same thing on the new app and our Medallions for our April 10th cruise were delivered yesterday.

Thanks, that’s good to know.  I have heard about some people on the Sun Princess who were green lane but (long story short) showed up to the ship without their medallions.  It sounded like a nightmare. I want to do whatever I can to ensure this doesn’t happen to us!

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
23 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just checked for the infamous barcode. We sail in 11 days. No sign of a barcode. However, I am very happy to say the app opened in maybe 15 seconds. I closed it and tried again and it still opened very quickly. A vast improvement.

Edit: Okay, I take it back. I do have a Boarding Pass with a barcode. It says "Check-in Window 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM

Loading time for me is inconsistent from15 sec to 45sec just to get past the blue screen that does have progress indicator. Then 10 sec to 2 min for the first data screen with black circle progress action but not how much progress like a moving bar or percent indicator would show

Aside from horribly long loading times, the app also attempted to charge us for dining reservations at Sabatini’s whereas previously it would show it correctly as being free. We are supposed to get 2 specialty dining reservations each with the Princess Premier package. 

18 hours ago, leck57 said:

The exterminator needs to travel to Oz. Just logged in to the App and the first screen (the one with number of days to embarkation) shows in the background but the spinning wheel spun for at least three minutes before it opened. From there I tried to open the My Journey page and I'm at two minutes of spinning wheel and counting. Had no problems until the recent update.

Ditto.

And if it loads before you get kicked out?  You might be able to DO a couple things.

But theres a definate learning curve.... to how to Do things This Apps way.🤔

My jurys still out on this one.

Guest Pops37
6 hours ago, mrrom92 said:

Aside from horribly long loading times, the app also attempted to charge us for dining reservations at Sabatini’s whereas previously it would show it correctly as being free. We are supposed to get 2 specialty dining reservations each with the Princess Premier package. 

WOW, that's messed up given all the pushing for P.plus and p.++

Guest Pops37

Loyalty emblem on picture (avatar).

Is anyone else seeing the wrong loyalty level symbol in the new app??

9 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

That’s nice we sail on the 14th and it doesn’t look like ours have even been mailed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pops37 said:

Plenty of people have the wrong loyalty level showing in the App.  Some people have had success in reporting the problem and getting it corrected.  Others haven't.  The issue will usually self correct once connected onto MedallionNet on the ship.  If it matters to you, people have said that Medallions arrive with the correct loyalty level, regardless of what App says your loyalty is when ordering.

31 minutes ago, Pops37 said:

Just posted this on our rollcall,

Were Elite, but app says something like "Welcome First time cruiser!  😹

White (Loyalty level) on App medallion.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

At least we got the right color when our actual medallions arrived last week.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Plenty of people have the wrong loyalty level showing in the App.  Some people have had success in reporting the problem and getting it corrected.  Others haven't.  The issue will usually self correct once connected onto MedallionNet on the ship.  If it matters to you, people have said that Medallions arrive with the correct loyalty level, regardless of what App says your loyalty is when ordering.

But does this setting end up preventing some eligible guests from making dining reservations which is supposed to be a perq.

• Like 1