New Princess App available

iamaqt2

8 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Weve not had a prob once were onboard booking Crown Grill, either by phone app,

on tv (dining), calling Dining Line, or easier yet we walk up to Crown Grill when

we see someone at the podium (usually 4-5pm) and book there.

Also if you are willing to take 5 or 8 pm?  Seems those are usually most available

timeslots.

For other dining like Main dining?  I've also given up on the App as sometimes

those reservations booked ahead of time on the app, disappear once onboard.

So I look on the cabin Tv " DINING"  when we get onboard, and scroll thru the nights, & book most Dining nights right there.

Long story short, I stopped worrying about booking dining ahead of time on the app.

Glad you have that option, I don’t want to take a chance with 6 people involved.

with my luck we wouldn’t be eating at all.

Guest Pops37
10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My app shows both of my cruises, even though one is in 2024 and the other in 2025. Good luck. 

In new app, off ship, I see my April Sun P. & Oct '25 Star P. Will ck when on ship to see if it's limited in display like old app.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I will guarantee you that they do not fill up all tables prior to cruise. In January we were on the Crown and walked into the Crown Grill and sat down. The restaurant was maybe 2/3 full. We were also not charged the 18% tip just the $39 pp

Thanks for the guarantee, but how do I know its true?

allure of seas chops grill no reservations , only thing open on bleary was lunch.

3 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

Thanks for the guarantee, but how do I know its true?

allure of seas chops grill no reservations , only thing open on bleary was lunch.

Just telling you of my experiences. What is bleary ?

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:41 PM, chubbypiggy said:

I am on Discovery right now. Yesterday when I use the old app, the only choice I had was to upgrade to the new app. So I did. With the new app, I only see my current cruise , and all my future cruises not showing. So I chose “add journey” and put in the booking numbers and all bookings were not found. So this morning I went to OceanFront and the internet manager there tried it on my app and got the same messages. He said he needs to investigate and told me to see him again tomorrow. He thinks maybe because my next cruise won’t be until August. 

We have a cruise this summer and also summer of 2025. They both show up in the new app.  Hopefully you will be able to see all your cruises soon.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:56 AM, Fortunate 2 travel said:

We have a cruise this summer and also summer of 2025. They both show up in the new app.  Hopefully you will be able to see all your cruises soon.

Now off ship and able to see all my future cruises on the new app.  Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I started a thread about seeing much higher prices to pre-pay for specialty dining on the Princess app & learned that some others are seeing the same thing.

It’s showing Crown Grill increasing from $39 to $63 and Sabatini’s from $35 to $55 on 1 of my 3 booked cruises. It appears to be another Princess app glitch whereby the prices listed in USD are instead the AUD prices even though the cruises are not in Australia.

Just a heads up for anyone who sees such large price increases for specialty dining which appears to be another app glitch. One person wrote they have reported this app glitch to Princess IT numerous times and they are unable to correct it so that poster has now given up on reporting it to get Princess IT to correct this glitch.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

@PacnGoNow…As I recalled you were the person who contacted their IT however I was too busy to confirm that my memory was accurate before my post. ☺️

You are correct.  Fortunately, I was able to use the old App and book my SD, at the correct USD rate.  Now, the old App is gone.  So, those who run into this issue on their bookings, will either have to report it to CS or IT, call in to PCL or just wait until OB to book.

The only problem is the SD could actually increase in price, for real if you wait. 

I used to get responses from the IT department, which I shared on CC.  But, now nothing from them.  SMH

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You are correct.  Fortunately, I was able to use the old App and book my SD, at the correct USD rate.  Now, the old App is gone.  So, those who run into this issue on their bookings, will either have to report it to CS or IT, call in to PCL or just wait until OB to book.

The only problem is the SD could actually increase in price, for real if you wait. 

I used to get responses from the IT department, which I shared on CC.  But, now nothing from them.  SMH

I also booked my SD on the old Medallion app with the correct prices & fortunately they transferred to the new Princess app.

There is a risk of future price increases although on my 3 booked cruises I can get up to payment but don’t know if it would actually complete a reservation or not because 2 of the cruises are a year away & I’m not ready to purchase those SD reservations.

It’s disappointing but not surprising that Princess IT doesn’t correct glitches & then won’t reply to your reports about the problems. We got our first Medallions 4 years ago & still the MedallionClass is glitchy despite their glowing promotion about its benefits…sad.

For our cruise in 2 weeks, some have received their “Medallion” packages however it’s merely the free lanyard & holder while the Medallion is still stuck in Carson, CA…amazing!

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I also booked my SD on the old Medallion app with the correct prices & fortunately they transferred to the new Princess app.

There is a risk of future price increases although on my 3 booked cruises I can get up to payment but don’t know if it would actually complete a reservation or not because 2 of the cruises are a year away & I’m not ready to purchase those SD reservations.

It’s disappointing but not surprising that Princess IT doesn’t correct glitches & then won’t reply to your reports about the problems. We got our first Medallions 4 years ago & still the MedallionClass is glitchy despite their glowing promotion about its benefits…sad.

For our cruise in 2 weeks, some have received their “Medallion” packages however it’s merely the free lanyard & holder while the Medallion is still stuck in Carson, CA…amazing!

I have always had the lanyard and medallion shipped together 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You received the lanyard and holder without the Medallion?  That’s odd.  Someone’s error.

We always get the Medallion (including the lanyard & holder) about 11 days before sailing.

You still have time!😂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You received the lanyard and holder without the Medallion?  That’s odd.  Someone’s error.

We always get the Medallion (including the lanyard & holder) about 11 days before sailing.

You still have time!😂

I haven't received anything beyond the USPS tracking info email to check the USPS tracking site but some on the roll call have received only the free lanyards & holders.

Thanks for refreshing my 2 year old most recent Medallion shipping memory...about 10-12 days in advance was what I recalled but didn't remember them being stuck in transit for a week. The quickest delivery we received was 4 years ago when they shipped from Singapore, went through customs in Honolulu & to the LA area...it took only 2 days but maybe actually 3 days due to the international dateline. :classic_biggrin:

So yes, we still have time! 😂

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I haven't received anything beyond the USPS tracking info email to check the USPS tracking site but some on the roll call have received only the free lanyards & holders.

Thanks for refreshing my 2 year old most recent Medallion shipping memory...about 10-12 days in advance was what I recalled but didn't remember them being stuck in transit for a week. The quickest delivery we received was 4 years ago when they shipped from Singapore, went through customs in Honolulu & to the LA area...it took only 2 days but maybe actually 3 days due to the international dateline. :classic_biggrin:

So yes, we still have time! 😂

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

We have 7 days till embarkation and now when I log into the app it shows a spinning wheel thing which does not resolve itself. I can see chat feature, order feature but ship schedule and first screen just spin. Is this likely to resolve itself or should I uninstall the app and try again ? IOS phone. Cheers, Buzz. 

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We got the email for our March 31st cruise medallion shipping on the 13th and got them at our Long Beach place on the 16th. Must've been lucky.

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

well said!

Really highlights the lack of IT best practices. We used to say " testing proves testing works" .

3 hours ago, Pops37 said:

well said!

Really highlights the lack of IT best practices. We used to say " testing proves testing works" .

We have cruised extensively since the restart and all of those cruises using the medallion app.  Sure, we’ve seen some minor glitches but overall, we feel like it works very well.  We went on a celebrity cruise and I think the medallion technology is what we missed the most.  

• Like 4

Guest Pops37
3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have cruised extensively since the restart and all of those cruises using the medallion app.  Sure, we’ve seen some minor glitches but overall, we feel like it works very well.  We went on a celebrity cruise and I think the medallion technology is what we missed the most.  

Yes, we were on Celebrity last month and for all it's faults the medallion app is a plus. I have often said to onboard staff that the app has potential to be 4 or 5 stars. My personal experience over lots of cruises is that it has had more than a few minor glitches. But what has been most annoying is the continuation of the "minor" glitches even as it matured. And now it's like a rebirth and many issues out of the gate. We will see how it fairs over the next 12 months. I truly hope for the best and stability.

Guest Pops37
1 hour ago, memoak said:

I really only use the app on board to check menus, check folio and to find traveling companions. For those things it works pretty well

Yes the basic items have improved much. I do find at times the companion locate might be slow to update. Sometimes I look for wife and it will show whatever she was 20 minutes ago.

For me - and I know I have said this before - I think those that indicate it works fairly well to quite well and is a plus are really thinking of the on board experience.  Where the thing has been a chronic mess in several areas is with the pre-cruise experience.

• Like 4