New Princess App available

iamaqt2

I booked a cruise on Sun Princess, the November 23rd sailing. Could not log in to the app using my web site credentials. It worked using our booking number.

We then decided to switch to the November 30th sailing. I booked that one online and called to cancel the 23rd sailing.

Now, the app still shows the original sailing plus the new one as a back to back cruise. Web site is fine and has no trace of the original sailing.

Any idea how I can remove the canceled sailing from the app?

Thanks in advance for the help.

47 minutes ago, steilkurve said:

I booked a cruise on Sun Princess, the November 23rd sailing. Could not log in to the app using my web site credentials. It worked using our booking number.

We then decided to switch to the November 30th sailing. I booked that one online and called to cancel the 23rd sailing.

Now, the app still shows the original sailing plus the new one as a back to back cruise. Web site is fine and has no trace of the original sailing.

Any idea how I can remove the canceled sailing from the app?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Was that done recently?  If so, it takes a few days to fall off the App, after a change or cancellation.

Most important..,does it show correctly on the cruise personalizer?  The cruise you cancelled…is it gone on the website?

If the website is correct, then just leave it alone on the App.

If it really bothers you, you can call in to OceanReady on the pcl  phone line.

When the App first was released, I had 2 of my cruises showing as 1 cruise and they were not!  Not even the same ship.  It corrected itself about 2 weeks later.  SMH

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was that done recently?  If so, it takes a few days to fall off the App, after a change or cancellation.

Most important..,does it show correctly on the cruise personalizer?  The cruise you cancelled…is it gone on the website?

If the website is correct, then just leave it alone on the App.

If it really bothers you, you can call in to OceanReady on the pcl  phone line.

When the App first was released, I had 2 of my cruises showing as 1 cruise and they were not!  Not even the same ship.  It corrected itself about 2 weeks later.  SMH

Thanks for your reply. My cruise personalizer has no trace of the canceled booking. I canceled the booking last Sunday so it’s only been a couple of days. I’ll give it some time to fix itself, as you suggest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steilkurve said:

Thanks for your reply. My cruise personalizer has no trace of the canceled booking. I canceled the booking last Sunday so it’s only been a couple of days. I’ll give it some time to fix itself, as you suggest.

The app could take forever to remove  a canceled. cruise. I have one I canceled a month ago still showing up on the app 

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

The app could take forever to remove  a canceled. cruise. I have one I canceled a month ago still showing up on the app 

Ok so should I call or just let it be. Will it get fixed by sailing time, or does it matter?

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

My agent cancelled one of my cruises, yesterday Monday.  I received my refund on my credit today, Tuesday. The cruise is longer showing on my Princess app.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phabric said:

My agent cancelled one of my cruises, yesterday Monday.  I received my refund on my credit today, Tuesday. The cruise is longer showing on my Princess app.

Interesting. Still haven’t received my credit card reimbursement. Once I see it go through, perhaps that’s when the booking will be completely gone from the app. Although it is gone from the web site. 

15 minutes ago, phabric said:

Oh we got the money back but I just figure it will stay there forever. You can’t see anything if you click on it and it does not appear on the website

Edited by memoak

9 hours ago, steilkurve said:

Ok so should I call or just let it be. Will it get fixed by sailing time, or does it matter?

It does not matter, as long as the website is correct, you’re good.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

Remember…,this is the new and improved App!   😂

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, steilkurve said:

Interesting. Still haven’t received my credit card reimbursement. Once I see it go through, perhaps that’s when the booking will be completely gone from the app. Although it is gone from the web site. 

CC refund should show up in 5-7 days, depends on the bank.  Sometimes faster.  The App is a whole different ballgame. 🥴

Don’t stress over it.  

I must be one of the lucky ones with this app!

I have no issues whatsoever with it and my next cruise in June has all the information correctly recorded, including my recently purchased Plus package, my booked excursions and all of my dining reservations. The same applies to my wife's copy of the app.

• Like 2

What a good night’s sleep will do… Woke up this morning and surprise, the canceled cruise is gone from the app. Took 3 days from the moment I canceled. Now showing only our active sailing.

Thanks all for the responses!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else had dining reservations disappearing in their app? We had made both MDR and specialty restaurants reservations weeks ago, and just now they've all "disappeared" - can't see any of them in the my journey schedule.

Also having trouble with check in, via both app and website, the two don't hold the same info! Credit card only showed up in one, security photo vanished in one, the list goes on...

To top it off, one of us managed to get Green Lane for a few days only to have gotten "undone", and is no longer a viewable member of our booking on the web account.

Seriously poor tech and systems...

About to give up...

Edited by Cruzymon
Minor spelling error

4 hours ago, steilkurve said:

What a good night’s sleep will do… Woke up this morning and surprise, the canceled cruise is gone from the app. Took 3 days from the moment I canceled. Now showing only our active sailing.

Thanks all for the responses!

Likewise my canceled cruise is no longer showing on the app but my other 5 are showing. Good for now

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, most of the issues these days will tie back to bad/corrupt data if we knew the truth.  

Unlike you, I’m merely a user of technology, however based on many of the same people repeatedly having the same issues while others do not your opinion makes sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Unlike you, I’m merely a user of technology, however based on many of the same people repeatedly having the same issues while others do not your opinion makes sense to me.

Especially when many folks have had incorrect birthdates put into a booking that doesn't match their PCL guest profile (not to mention other various things).

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Especially when many folks have had incorrect birthdates put into a booking that doesn't match their PCL guest profile (not to mention other various things).

😳

Guest Pops37
6 hours ago, memoak said:

Likewise my canceled cruise is no longer showing on the app but my other 5 are showing. Good for now

Slow and IMHO unacceptable data based sharing update/syncing.

I just updated to 1.1.2. My husband and I are still showing as new to Princess. We are elite. The medallion showing is white with blue seawitch. Our cruise is next week, do we need to call to get this fixed or can we do that upon boarding?

41 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

I just updated to 1.1.2. My husband and I are still showing as new to Princess. We are elite. The medallion showing is white with blue seawitch. Our cruise is next week, do we need to call to get this fixed or can we do that upon boarding?

Had the same situation last cruise   Medallion showed elite. If the personalizer is correct there won’t be any problem 

• Thanks 1