New Princess App available

iamaqt2

6 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Plenty of people have the wrong loyalty level showing in the App.  Some people have had success in reporting the problem and getting it corrected.  Others haven't.  The issue will usually self correct once connected onto MedallionNet on the ship.  If it matters to you, people have said that Medallions arrive with the correct loyalty level, regardless of what App says your loyalty is when ordering.

Yes and no.  I’ve had mine arrive with the wrong loyalty color, as it showed wrong on the App too.  No big deal, GS has stickers to put over it, if you want the correct color. 

Only problem, if it’s wrong on the App:  you can’t get the 50% discount on Medallion Net, it’s a pain to call in. 😳

If the Medallion is the wrong color, you can be questioned to go into the Elite lounge at the port….my DH had the right color shipped, so showed his.  Go figure.

Other than those issues….NP!

🤣

Yes, it is correct once OB, and you login.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

Guest Pops37
11 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Plenty of people have the wrong loyalty level showing in the App.  Some people have had success in reporting the problem and getting it corrected.  Others haven't.  The issue will usually self correct once connected onto MedallionNet on the ship.  If it matters to you, people have said that Medallions arrive with the correct loyalty level, regardless of what App says your loyalty is when ordering.

Thanks good info. And yes medallion ordered on old app but new app is misleading. It suggests pick up in Rome! But I have receipts for ship to Texas . Take care

Guest Pops37
11 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Just posted this on our rollcall,

Were Elite, but app says something like "Welcome First time cruiser!  😹

White (Loyalty level) on App medallion.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

At least we got the right color when our actual medallions arrived last week.

That's comforting that correct color arrived. We sail on March 27, hopefully medallion will arrive in about 10 days. Fingers crossed.

Guest Pops37
2 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Perhaps it’s time for Princess to hire an I T team that can actually get this “new” app working 

Yes yes, but sadly the track record is not indicating wise management choices

1 hour ago, Pops37 said:

That's comforting that correct color arrived. We sail on March 27, hopefully medallion will arrive in about 10 days. Fingers crossed.

Isn’t that date coming up in 2 days ?  Or do you have the wrong month

• Like 1

Please forgive me because I’m sure this has been asked before. On the app, when my nephew puts in his booking number, it says already in use? And that is because his roommate downloaded the app first and filled out his information. Why can’t he start his travel list on his phone? TIA

16 minutes ago, Missouri travel girl said:

Please forgive me because I’m sure this has been asked before. On the app, when my nephew puts in his booking number, it says already in use? And that is because his roommate downloaded the app first and filled out his information. Why can’t he start his travel list on his phone? TIA

Where is he "putting it in" exactly?

22 hours ago, mrrom92 said:

Aside from horribly long loading times, the app also attempted to charge us for dining reservations at Sabatini’s whereas previously it would show it correctly as being free. We are supposed to get 2 specialty dining reservations each with the Princess Premier package. 

I noticed an option to click if you have the Premier package when making a reservation.  Looked like something new to me.

Guest Pops37
2 hours ago, memoak said:

Isn’t that date coming up in 2 days ?  Or do you have the wrong month

Oh! Guess I was not paying attention. Thanks. April

45 minutes ago, Missouri travel girl said:

Where it says enter your booking number.

I guess I should have been more specific.  Is that at the login sequence of boxes or at something like "link a cruise or voyage"?  If it is the regular login where you also enter Name and Birthdate, your Birthdate is probably corrupted in the booking.  

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
3 hours ago, Pops37 said:

April 37 ....not March

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I guess I should have been more specific.  Is that at the login sequence of boxes or at something like "link a cruise or voyage"?  If it is the regular login where you also enter Name and Birthdate, your Birthdate is probably corrupted in the booking.  

h

Yes, if it is at the "link a cruise or voyage" thing it will never work so don't even waste time with it. Using the booking number to log in "should" work fine. If not he will need to call Princess and ask for the Medallion Team (or whatever that option is) and have it fixed.

1 minute ago, leck57 said:

Yes it is. My cruise in July will never get here if @Pops37 is determining the calendar.

My next cruise sails on the 14 into May. Perhaps it is longer than 16 days

• Haha 2

Guest Pops37
5 hours ago, leck57 said:

So, not March but April 37th? Gotcha.

LOL 😂 fat finger typing.

Guest Pops37
5 hours ago, leck57 said:

Yes it is. My cruise in July will never get here if @Pops37 is determining the calendar.

LOL 😆

Guest Pops37
Just now, Pops37 said:

LOL 😆

Might end up like Gilligan's Island or Lost stuck in a time warp.

On 3/25/2024 at 12:27 PM, Thrak said:

h

Yes, if it is at the "link a cruise or voyage" thing it will never work so don't even waste time with it. Using the booking number to log in "should" work fine. If not he will need to call Princess and ask for the Medallion Team (or whatever that option is) and have it fixed.

Odd, did not have issues.   but definitely had tons with the older one as well as other apps.   Almost like there weren't app developers on staff...

• Like 1

Mine seems to be working OK, BUT, I keep having to order medallions. I think I have ordered them 2 or 3 times. It will be fine for a week then show incomplete and shows needing to order medallions again. I am Plus and it shows a $10.00 shipping as well. I will get that back at GS if I need to.