New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Just no

5 hours ago, Pops37 said:

Just noticed the new app does not know about the Medallion order that was placed and confirmed under the old app! 😭 Sad oversight.

Ordered our medallions on the old app for our March cruise in November. Just checked the new app and our medallions are showing ordered, no charge. Everything on the old app is current on the new app. Also just noticed the old app is no longer available. The old app now only says, "download new app". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Do you find the new Princess is slower to open up than the MedallionClass app?

I find it slower to do anything. Hopefully it will be better on ship

Opened the old app just now to check and see that it is now "officially" done. There is no longer a message asking if you want to continue with the app or download the new app. The only message that shows when I open the old app is this:

image.jpeg.e4f57f6e70d18b511234346602ac520b.jpeg

• Like 4

This app needs a fine tuning.

booked crown grill for 6, no option for payment by anyone except me.

the other parties wish to pay .but no option.

So I have the entire $234 on my credit card.

12 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

Hasn’t the website and AP always worked that way?  I suspect Princess and others do not wish to allow other people to charge something on a CC that does not belong to them?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Hasn’t the website and AP always worked that way?  I suspect Princess and others do not wish to allow other people to charge something on a CC that does not belong to them?

Thank you 

my simple point is I have to pay for all 6 , there could be a way to solve the problem. With some fine tuning as I stated earlier.

57 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

Another reason we always wait to book specialty restaurants until on board. We have found that they never reserve all the tables especially for dining after 7:30 or so

• Like 2

6 hours ago, phabric said:

Yep. Not only is it much slower to open but have a stab at "bookmarking" something in the Ship Schedule. I just opened the app and it took a full 18 seconds to open. It took me 15 seconds to bookmark an activity. Both of those activities used to be much faster - especially bookmarking something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yep. Not only is it much slower to open but have a stab at "bookmarking" something in the Ship Schedule. I just opened the app and it took a full 18 seconds to open. It took me 15 seconds to bookmark an activity. Both of those activities used to be much faster - especially bookmarking something.

I can’t even see the ship schedule on a cruise leaving in mid April

Guest Pops37
7 hours ago, phabric said:

Yes, looks slower and is missing the progress indicator that the old app had. So you wait and hope it's not stuck.

28 minutes ago, memoak said:

I can’t even see the ship schedule on a cruise leaving in mid April

Our cruise sails April 3rd and the app has populated with the activities. It does have incomplete info in that, no matter what activity is listed, it shows: Venue - No location found. Even it it's listed as "such and such in the Piazza" or "Mimosas in Effy" the venue notice is still the same. Obviously not quite ready yet.

• Like 1

Guest Pops37
4 minutes ago, Pops37 said:

Yes, looks slower and is missing the progress indicator that the old app had. So you wait and hope it's not stuck.

And just now it took about 20second to load 1st screen but then it showed a loading circle and took over 1 more minutes to finish..

P.s. now I see medallion is ordered, what was misleading is it says "order medallion" but it's already ordered. Opening it then shows OK.

I am on Discovery right now. Yesterday when I use the old app, the only choice I had was to upgrade to the new app. So I did. With the new app, I only see my current cruise , and all my future cruises not showing. So I chose “add journey” and put in the booking numbers and all bookings were not found. So this morning I went to OceanFront and the internet manager there tried it on my app and got the same messages. He said he needs to investigate and told me to see him again tomorrow. He thinks maybe because my next cruise won’t be until August. 

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I am on Discovery right now. Yesterday when I use the old app, the only choice I had was to upgrade to the new app. So I did. With the new app, I only see my current cruise , and all my future cruises not showing. So I chose “add journey” and put in the booking numbers and all bookings were not found. So this morning I went to OceanFront and the internet manager there tried it on my app and got the same messages. He said he needs to investigate and told me to see him again tomorrow. He thinks maybe because my next cruise won’t be until August. 

On the old MedallionClass app, you could only see the cruise you are sailing on.  Once you have disembarked, your other cruises would appear again.

8 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

That has always the way it has been while on ship. Only my current cruise shows on the app. Princess.com shows them all.  In my experience 

1 minute ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you @phabricand @memoak. I am surprised the Internet manager doesn’t know that. He said he will investigate on the issue and he also told me to try tomorrow when we get to port and use my T-Mobile WiFi instead of the Medallion Net. 

Most people who work at the Internet cafe know a whole lot less about the app and IOS than I do

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Pops37
4 hours ago, memoak said:

That has always the way it has been while on ship. Only my current cruise shows on the app. Princess.com shows them all.  In my experience 

Guest Pops37

The old app , when onboard, was limited to 90 days future cruises.

When I port and "off ship" further out listings show up.

While onboard you can log into the Princess webpage and verify the future listings .

So sad the staff makes guesses at all the issues .

6 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

My app shows both of my cruises, even though one is in 2024 and the other in 2025. Good luck. 

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Another reason we always wait to book specialty restaurants until on board. We have found that they never reserve all the tables especially for dining after 7:30 or so

The restaurant reservations were filling up quickly, we didn’t want a late dining time.

and didn’t want to miss this dinner experience. 7 day cruise 56 days out ,3 days off cruise sold out crown grill,

didn’t want to get shut out, so all $ on my credit card.

just hoped there was a way to have other people to be billed.

hope they can work this out in upcoming app development.

thanks

5 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

The restaurant reservations were filling up quickly, we didn’t want a late dining time.

and didn’t want to miss this dinner experience. 7 day cruise 56 days out ,3 days off cruise sold out crown grill,

thanks

Weve not had a prob once were onboard booking Crown Grill, either by phone app,

on tv (dining), calling Dining Line, or easier yet we walk up to Crown Grill when

we see someone at the podium (usually 4-5pm) and book there.

Also if you are willing to take 5 or 8 pm?  Seems those are usually most available

timeslots.

For other dining like Main dining?  I've also given up on the App as sometimes

those reservations booked ahead of time on the app, disappear once onboard.

So I look on the cabin Tv " DINING"  when we get onboard, and scroll thru the nights, & book most Dining nights right there.

Long story short, I stopped worrying about booking dining ahead of time on the app.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

thanks

I will guarantee you that they do not fill up all tables prior to cruise. In January we were on the Crown and walked into the Crown Grill and sat down. The restaurant was maybe 2/3 full. We were also not charged the 18% tip just the $39 pp