Boarding Times

nicoleinwi

18 minutes ago, TheLargeFamily said:

How long after arrival time are you typically boarded? 

We have an arrival time of 1030-11 on our next cruise and I'd like to be able to anticipate that time. Thank you.

Assuming a normal day you should be onboard by Noon. But probably earlier.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2023 at 9:00 AM, mz-s said:

There is very little going on around the ship before at least 3PM...so there is no need to rush to be the first on board. It only takes 45 minutes or so to eat lunch and do muster. Then you're basically just walking around killing time until sail away.

That and finding a place to sit and people watch while having an adult beverage or two.  Some of my favorite activities. 🍸

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TheLargeFamily said:

How long after arrival time are you typically boarded? 

We have an arrival time of 1030-11 on our next cruise and I'd like to be able to anticipate that time. Thank you.

You won't be sitting very long. Most ships, most of the time will be calling their first Priority guests sometime around 11am. So assuming you don't have priority and aren't FttF and have a good old fashioned B04 boarding slot, it might take them 15-30 minutes to get to your number. @mz-s is spot on. Absent anything unusual you'll be onboard by noon at the very latest.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 11:05 AM, Bill Miller said:

Thank You, Yes... Pack in Carry on not checked. Crzndeb is correct. Do not pack in checked luggage. Thankyou. 

The porters always ask me if I am sure the passport, boarding docs, etc, are not packed when I turn my bags over to them.  I don't know if they ask everyone or if they think I look like the kind of dork who would pack those essential docs in my checked baggage!

11 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

The porters always ask me if I am sure the passport, boarding docs, etc, are not packed when I turn my bags over to them.  I don't know if they ask everyone or if they think I look like the kind of dork who would pack those essential docs in my checked baggage!

They ask everyone and still I bet there are a certain number of folks every cruise who have a deer in the headlights look at the desk when they ask for their passport.

23 hours ago, mz-s said:

They ask everyone and still I bet there are a certain number of folks every cruise who have a deer in the headlights look at the desk when they ask for their passport.

I was hoping that I was special!  If they ask everyone, you just rained on my parade!!!

• Haha 2

I haven’t cruised on carnival in a long time.  My boarding time is 12:00-12:30.  

the most recent cruise I took on Harmony, I brought water with me and the rooms weren’t ready for a few hours.  It was annoying.  However, I opened the door that was shut and dropped my stuff off and left.  The room Stewart was cool and didn’t mind.  I was in and out in 60 seconds.  

im seeing people write, they LOCK the access door to the rooms til 130?  If not, what’s the ‘rush’ to get on the ship so early?  I want to start my vacation as I type this but 30 minutes isn’t worth $70 to me… maybe I’m missing other perks, after all, I didn’t even know what fttf was until 20 minutes ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vnyislesv said:

the most recent cruise I took on Harmony, I brought water with me and the rooms weren’t ready for a few hours.  It was annoying.  However, I opened the door that was shut and dropped my stuff off and left.  The room Stewart was cool and didn’t mind.  I was in and out in 60 seconds.  

im seeing people write, they LOCK the access door to the rooms til 130?  If not, what’s the ‘rush’ to get on the ship so early?  I want to start my vacation as I type this but 30 minutes isn’t worth $70 to me… maybe I’m missing other perks, after all, I didn’t even know what fttf was until 20 minutes ago.

Just off the Elation 2/20/24. We had early boarding (11am)  Dropped our stuff off and left to do safety drill and then lunch.  Doors were not locked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vnyislesv said:

If you are VIFP Platinum or Diamond, or have FTTF, you can open that access door and drop your carry-ons off in your cabin.

Personally, I am the same way. The only time we rush to get on the ship early is if we're flying in that morning and were in town anyway (or checking out of a hotel nearby). Otherwise, we aim to get to the pier around Noon or 12:30. The terminal isn't as busy, by the time we do muster and eat our rooms are ready. There just isn't much going on around the ship until sail away anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vnyislesv said:

m seeing people write, they LOCK the access door to the rooms til 130? 

They don't lock the access doors; that would be a huge safety issue.  But they are closed and pretty heavy to open.

There is a sign on them saying (I'm  paraphrasing) stay out; rooms will be ready at whatever time (usually 1:30).  If you have priority and are eligible to drop off your bags before then, you should already gotten an email to the effect telling you that you can drop off your bags early.  But the signs themselves no longer mention those exceptions to the rule.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 2:13 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

They don't lock the access doors; that would be a huge safety issue.  But they are closed and pretty heavy to open.

There is a sign on them saying (I'm  paraphrasing) stay out; rooms will be ready at whatever time (usually 1:30).  If you have priority and are eligible to drop off your bags before then, you should already gotten an email to the effect telling you that you can drop off your bags early.  But the signs themselves no longer mention those exceptions to the rule.

We are platinum this cruise and embark in 3 days, but have not  received an e-mail

11 minutes ago, simplelife said:

We are platinum this cruise and embark in 3 days, but have not  received an e-mail

If you want to bring something as proof in case you get hassled, print out the FTTF description on Carnival's website or in the shore excursion page for your (or another cruise):

WHAT YOU WILL GET

Stateroom Access

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

On 12/28/2023 at 3:51 AM, FTLCruiseGal said:

You choose an arrival time at check-in, not boarding time.  You can choose an arrival time of 10AM, but that doesn’t mean you will board at 10.  FTTF boards after weddings, suites, diamonds, and platinums.

With FTTF, you cannot check-in 16 days out; that is got Platinum and higher guests.  You do get priority guest services line, which can be helpful if you don’t like to wait in line.

What about ADA guests in wheelchair, do they get priority, on our last Carnival many years ago, we did.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:36 PM, mz-s said:

We carry everything around our necks in our passport holders

37 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

What about ADA guests in wheelchair, do they get priority, on our last Carnival many years ago, we did.

If I am not mistaken, they board after FTTF folks.  I vaguely remember them lining up as I was boarding as a platinum.

• Thanks 1