platinum tier benefit question

jbreitlow

2 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

If you are traveling solo, you can still bring a guest. I usually find another platinum member at solo meetings and I go as their guest and they go as mine - then you have 4 specialty dinners.

Combine that with FAS and you can eat at a specialty almost every night on a 7-night cruise!!

On 12/29/2023 at 10:09 AM, MS52 said:

You do have a choice of restaurants...if I remember correctly it is Cagney's or Moderno or LeBistro or LaCucina.  You do have to make reservations as you do with any specialty dinner.  

Plus Teppanyaki. 

19 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Doesn't Platinum get to book restaurants at 125 days vs. 120?

Yes, you are correct.

I was thinking about the meals that the system knows you have available, but yes, you can book earlier.

Posted (edited)

My friends and I have found that the rules about where and how you can use your Platinum dining vouchers differs a bit from ship to ship. On our recent cruise on the NCL Sun, we found out after we had made our reservations that one of the coupons could be used at Cagney's or Le Bistro only, and the other one could NOT be used at either Cagney's or Le Bistro. Our backup choice (Teppanyaki) was fully booked by the time we figured that out. After some inquiries we found out the second coupon could be used at the sushi restaurant (which was not listed on the coupon), so we used our 2nd coupon there. There was certainly plenty of food with 4 people each able to order up to 4 items!! 

Anyway I do suggest asking at the dining reservations desk to make sure you understand where you can use the coupons on the specific ship your are sailing. 

Edited by JustAllie

On 12/28/2023 at 10:09 PM, jbreitlow said:

For platinum members the tier benefits state "dinner for 2", as well as "dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine".  I just want to confirm with a platinum member that this is 2 separate "specialty" dinners.

Thanks.

Yes 2 different restaurants and if you have drinks package you can just get a bottle of wine to take home or we sometimes give it to a friend we just made onboard with out the drinks package 

My husband and I are platinum, and we just got off the Escape. It’s two separate coupons for two dinners (moderno or la Cucina for one coupon) and (Cagneys or Le Bistro for the second one). Both of ours included wine, and we took two bottles of our choice from a list home. Teppanyaki isn’t possible for the platinum coupon. 

2 minutes ago, RADGIRL80 said:

My husband and I are platinum, and we just got off the Escape. It’s two separate coupons for two dinners (moderno or la Cucina for one coupon) and (Cagneys or Le Bistro for the second one). Both of ours included wine, and we took two bottles of our choice from a list home. Teppanyaki isn’t possible for the platinum coupon. 

They still seem to be using up old vouchers on some ships. I’m sure that some people have said that they were still able to use them anywhere in this situation, but I’ve not been able to test this  myself as I have always had the new vouchers since they changed.

It is certainly possible to use the latitudes vouchers in any restaurant (including Teppanyaki). The website mentions Teppanyaki as an option (even though in doing so it incorrectly states that it is one of the places where you can order 4 dishes). I have used our voucher there recently.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I have used our voucher there recently.

I'm positive that I used my Platinum voucher at Teppanyaki in April because I clearly remember having to have DW wait at the entrance while "somebody" went back to the cabin to get the voucher he forgot.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, BirdTravels said:

You can redeem at any Specialty restaurant. Reservations open 125 days prior to departure and popular restaurants will sell out quickly. (130 days for suites 125 for club balconies and 120 for standard rooms). 

IMG_1328.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

Since my husband and I are both Platinum . Will we each get this coupon? A total of 4 different reservations for 2 people. Thanks 

7 minutes ago, Jagggg said:

Since my husband and I are both Platinum . Will we each get this coupon? A total of 4 different reservations for 2 people. Thanks 

That's a good question.  Even though the coupons only show one bag of laundry. But since wife and I are both platinum we always get 2 bags of laundry.  We have always assumed the dinners were one of each per cabin.  You have to take the coupons with you for SD's.  One has bottle of wine one does not.  Curious as well how they got two bottles of wine.

7 minutes ago, Jagggg said:

Only if your husband and you book separately into a cabin each, then you each get a set of coupons including the wine from the special list ... and you can each have a guest to dine.  You'll just have to work out the sleeping arrangement, go to Guest Services onboard to work out the key access to the cabins.  

Depending on who's in these cabin mix, each person can and should assume financial responsibilities for all onboard charges, itemized and take care of it accordingly, unless you are hosting them.  

But, wait ... 2 people on 4 different reservations ... this is B2B or am I getting sleepy & confused.  

If you go to the NCL website, click into your account, and look at the Latitudes Rewards section, under Tier Benefits it says about the Platinum dining benefit that the dinner for two and the dinner for two with a bottle of wine are each per stateroom and not per Platinum member. 

Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two6
(per stateroom)

For both it says in the footnotes: 

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

1 hour ago, Jagggg said:

One set of coupons per cabin

3 hours ago, RADGIRL80 said:

Yes each coupon stated “with bottle of wine” 

Hmmm...

Smells like they supplied one wrong coupon.

(2 of one type instead of 1 each of the 2 types)

32 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Hmmm...

Smells like they supplied one wrong coupon.

(2 of one type instead of 1 each of the 2 types)

Yeah, sounds like that to me. There is no control over the bottles of wine on the system so each restaurant would have happily handed the wine over.

The only odd thing is that they usually come in a booklet, so it’s not easy to see how that would have happened.