LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

He’s quite good all by himself..

IMG_2764.jpeg

Shane is great.  Fun attitude and wants to please everyone.  He said this is his first cruise contract.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@graphicguy How do you like the HE cabin?  If your dear GF had made the trip would it have been comfortable for the 2 of you?  DH and I are booked in an H5 on the Viva for next January, but considering switching to an HE, so we can add a 2nd leg and make it our first B2B.  We like the extra space (so we can work while on the ship), but are flexible! 🙂

Glad to see you are doing ok after your fall.  Thanks for your live!  Enjoying it thoroughly!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seattle_Guy said:

@graphicguy have you seen that Starbucks on deck 8 in the aft open? Some rumblings about it being closed? Any clue on hours?

This is the Starbucks in Indulge Food Hall.  Back in the early days of Prima, it was mostly open same hours as the Food Hall. It wasn't included on the Viva (and neither was Coco's) to make room for more seating in Indulge. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nhtravels said:

@graphicguy How do you like the HE cabin?  If your dear GF had made the trip would it have been comfortable for the 2 of you?  DH and I are booked in an H5 on the Viva for next January, but considering switching to an HE, so we can add a 2nd leg and make it our first B2B.  We like the extra space (so we can work while on the ship), but are flexible! 🙂

Glad to see you are doing ok after your fall.  Thanks for your live!  Enjoying it thoroughly!

Plenty of space for two.  Understand, I’ve stayed in solo cabins, too.  Find them to be adequate.

GF in in the medical field.  She wears scrubs everyday!  When not in scrubs she’s in jeans or shorts.

Point being, we are not fashion icons and pack for cruises accordingly.  1 rollaboard and backpack each!

The bed I think is a king….plenty of room.  The bed is a little close to the bathroom door, And, the sink ledges are a little narrow.   But the sink is long!

Those are nits!

Shower could double as a “tiny home”!

There’s a hanging closet with a ton of hangars.  Plenty of drawers…even under the bed.  Full length door mirror side the bathroom door, which has scared me more than once seeing a naked man coming out of my shower the same time as me!

Wide mirror above the bathroom sink, too!

Balcony is big!

Couch and two sitting chairs!

In brief, it’s plenty big!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy I am so sorry to hear about your mishap and wish you a speedy recovery. I slipped and fell walking by the infinity pool area but the only thing that hurt was my pride which took a long time to heal.

That’s why neither of us are named Grace!  😁😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I want to get off the ship the worst way.  Ankle swelling has subsided a bit.  Still colorful and sore.  May see how far I can walk it down the pier!

They have golf carts that transport people from the ship to the island. That walk is long!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Good the know. Hope he is staying on the ship through spring. Name please and TY

His name is Shane and he is from the UK.  Our cruise was only his 3rd cruise of his first contract.  He plays just about everything and if you ask him to play something and he doesn't know it, he will spend the night learning it so he can play it the next time he sees you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

His name is Shane and he is from the UK.  Our cruise was only his 3rd cruise of his first contract.  He plays just about everything and if you ask him to play something and he doesn't know it, he will spend the night learning it so he can play it the next time he sees you. 

He’s really good!  I listened to his entire me set in the “atrium” last night!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

They have golf carts that transport people from the ship to the island. That walk is long!!!

Yeah….aside from hanging out on the beach and paying for drinks, I can hang out in the ship, in the sun (70s or there about) and have free drinks!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

He’s really good!  I listened to his entire me set in the “atrium” last night!

Make sure to catch the Ocean Music Fest in the main theater.  Shane, Duo Rika and the female singer from Arista Duo put on a great show.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah….aside from hanging out on the beach and paying for drinks, I can hang out in the ship, in the sun (70s or there about) and have free drinks!

Right! Wife and I are pretty much almost done getting off in port now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Good morning.  Enjoy and explore the ship.  Just in case you decided to explore the Cay, Haven's special transport team will have you on the fast track ... gonna be a fairly long walk on your own with the mobility challenge, don't and let the ankle heal.   Just about everything on that island is exclusive (not included in your fare) and not included, bring cash 😁 which I'm sure you know, LOL. 

Hear anything (gossip) about progress over at GSC with NCL building a pier for ship(s) to dock and get rid of tendering ? 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Good morning.  Enjoy and explore the ship.  Just in case you decided to explore the Caye, Haven's special transport team will have you on the fast track ... gonna be a fairly long walk on your own with the mobility challenge, don't and let the ankle heal.   Just about everything on that island is exclusive (not included in your fare) and not included, bring cash 😁 which I'm sure you know, LOL. 

Yeah…been here before.  Probably would score a ride.  But, I’m not going to get in the water.  So…?????!!!!

That pier walk would be nice today. But, being gimpy, not sure I want to do it! 

As it stands,  I’m sitting in a comfy couch drinking some sort of green tea lemonade from Starbucks (quite tasty), posting here and looking out the window.  It doesn’t suck!

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

• Like 12

21 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I love that NCL keeps the Food Hall open on port days.  I know its sort of an extension of the buffet but I am still impressed since the MDRs are closed.

I'm happy about this as well. Our upcoming cruise on the Viva has zero sea days. We only have plans for three ports, so we plan on doing lunch a couple (or all) of the days we don't have plans in Indulge.