WORLD CRUISE 2024

Good Morning Puerto Vallarta!

IMG_4096.thumb.jpeg.4c1a6dec5364aa8c5693d1b1ac250b83.jpeg

Cathy and I did the Dolphin Encounter excursion.  Jim passed.  It was rather cool this morning.  The bus had the AC cranked up.  I covered up with the ships towel.  Quite the fashion statement.  We arrived at the facility in about 40 minutes…traffic.  We did the free excursion.  There were many people who did not bring bathing suits.  
Here is my $30 photo!

collage.jpeg.710d857893c05cd69069c5c380880272.jpeg

WHOO HOO!

IMG_4100.jpeg

• Like 5

crusin7:  

Sure that was a dummy?  Or, an overworked Engineering maintenance guy taking a break from his toils keeping the toilets flushing on time.

Joining the happy World contingent in less than a week at San Francisco.  

GOARMY!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We decided to skip our excursion and tendered in.  We had to go to the theater to get a tender ticket.  We waited about 10 minutes.  We are the only ship in port.

Welcoming Committee 

IMG_4148.thumb.jpeg.a5627f607305b2e0aaa3efeba8c00f3c.jpeg

IMG_4149.thumb.jpeg.0449ffc31ad7cd721f63dc58370c5cfa.jpeg

We ate at Captain Tony’s 

IMG_4151.thumb.jpeg.0968b985616b3d2cbdd79b214b7f645a.jpeg
Table side Guacamole 

IMG_4153.thumb.jpeg.a18360b3c7f78b581bf718233a12dc6c.jpeg

The freshest fish tacos 

IMG_4159.thumb.jpeg.3075b534c3b3f02f9a57e8085a0fa94e.jpeg

See how fresh!

IMG_4065.thumb.jpeg.a38a9b537532e17d71c0c1b5df2e060b.jpeg

Local Ambience 

IMG_4163.thumb.jpeg.6e658a95d5c55fd9f4539657e76911be.jpeg

IMG_4166.thumb.jpeg.36949e81cd63013548b2b8502b53bba5.jpeg

• Like 7

Having been following Chrisy's post here, I eagerly opened this article in this morning's Times     about a very different World Cruise and knew immediately why we choose to sail with Regent.  Haven't quite made it onto the full WC yet so continue to enjoy Chrisy, Jim and Cathy's adventures - thank you for sharing!!

• Like 2

Hi @Gilly .  Thanks for the article.  Cathy has been following.  We have not run out of wine but there are no bananas…unless you like them black.

We have a sea day today before San  Diego.  We are back on PST. We arrive at 1000 and have to do a face to face with Customs and Immigration.  And then the most exciting news is Jim hopefully gets his suitcase back from Luggage Forward!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, crusin7 said:

the most exciting news is Jim hopefully gets his suitcase back from Luggage Forward!

Whooop whooop!!  I think I could cope with a lack of bananas as long as the wine holds out 🤣  However, I'm not sure how long I could keep smiling without part of my luggage and consider Jim's patience to be severely tested so far.  I hope it is rewarded.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gilly said:

Whooop whooop!!  I think I could cope with a lack of bananas as long as the wine holds out 🤣  However, I'm not sure how long I could keep smiling without part of my luggage and consider Jim's patience to be severely tested so far.  I hope it is rewarded.

Same here. Can’t imagine missing part/all my luggage…. Years ago when you dressed to fly, we took our 3 kids and 4 suitcases skiing for a week (Tx to Vt). Two cases, kids street clothes and our ski clothes arrived in Boston with us on Sat! The other 2,  kids ski clothes and our regular clothes arrived in some little airport in Vt on Thurs afternoon. We left on Sat! What a nightmare! Since then we carry on 2/3 days worth of clothes and cross pack any cases we check! 

Crusin7, Hope you see your DH cases in SD!

I am really enjoying your pictures. They are beautiful and really tell the story!

Carolyn

• Like 1

Thank you Carolyn!  
Last night after dinner another surprise.  

Polo Shirt

IMG_4203.thumb.jpeg.786e4ca44e6ad12e951f0173d1d287f7.jpeg

Today is cold and windy.  Not many brave souls sitting outside for lunch.  We played Bingo today and the Horizon Lounge was frigid!  I saw a woman with a ski jacket and hat.  I was envious!

• Like 3

Our polo shirts were ridiculously HUGE. Others have said the same.   Apparently no extras onboard to trade for appropriate sizes. I gave my Medium to the Concierge to give to another guest that could use it.  I apparently needed a Small.  Maybe they can get some shipped to an upcoming port.  Another guest gave her Large to my husband (his XL was like a tent!) - hopefully smaller sizes will show up at some point.

8 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Our polo shirts were ridiculously HUGE. Others have said the same.   Apparently no extras onboard to trade for appropriate sizes. I gave my Medium to the Concierge to give to another guest that could use it.  I apparently needed a Small.  Maybe they can get some shipped to an upcoming port.  Another guest gave her Large to my husband (his XL was like a tent!) - hopefully smaller sizes will show up at some point.

Maybe they were allowing room for laundry shrinkage or cruise growth😀.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Good Morning Rainy San Diego!

IMG_4138.thumb.jpeg.a93f3350d1ddb9ed05f05d5da2727cd1.jpeg

Waiting for our tour to be called so we can proceed to Immigration in the Terminal.. slow process.

Sun’s out this afternoon. Beautiful day!!

Enjoy SD (hopefully with luggage)

• Like 1

Cathy and I did the Trolley Tour.  It was nice.  We had a very enjoyable guide Tiger.  After almost 2 hours we got off in Old Town. 
IMG_4169.thumb.jpeg.e826f89bf2b8c2d5440e55769aca4619.jpeg

IMG_4168.thumb.jpeg.a6c6dacc006f1ec9c7510e4ae700de1a.jpeg

We went to Cafe Coyote.  It was pretty good.  A Jalapeño Margarita was very good.IMG_4245.thumb.jpeg.f1ed00b67ac1ffb9ee18d3176fdd4757.jpeg

Rain showers off and on.  Seas are supposed to be a bit rough to Santa Barbara.  We are praying we can tender tomorrow.  It will be nice to see our family. 

• Like 1

Good Morning Santa Barbara!

IMG_4268.thumb.jpeg.f544649086934edeac3d97aeb297d0ac.jpeg

Goodbye Santa Barbara 😢. The Captain came on about 0810 to say we are unable to tender due to high winds, rain and a high pressure system.  We are very disappointed.  We totally understand but we are still sad.  Our granddaughters were so excited.  
We are now on our way to San Francisco.  They will revise today’s schedule.  
We left San Diego late yesterday 1945.  We were supposed to leave at 1800.  We don’t know what caused the delay.

17 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Goodbye Santa Barbara 😢. The Captain came on about 0810 to say we are unable to tender due to high winds, rain and a high pressure system.  We are very disappointed.

Oh, how sorry I am that you couldn't drop into your home port 😢  I'm sure your family were eager to see you all and maybe see the ship?   So disappointing.  Here's hoping SF more than makes up for it.