Boarding Time Begins When?

ggo85

I know suite and Zenith passengers can board at their leisure once boarding begins.  How do you determine when that is?  [When I checked in, my only option for boarding time was very late in the process].  We'll be at a hotel O/N and don't want to sit in the terminal when I could be sitting at the hotel. 

Didn't see the time in any of the pre-cruise documents.

BTW, not saying we want to be the very first ones on board -- just want to understand when we could start and work from there.

As a first time Celebrity passenger, can anyone tell me how boarding works when you board in Southampton.  We're from England and travel down from Oxfordshire on the day, which usually takes about 1 and a half hours.  We've done a lot of cruising, just never with Celebrity.

Many thanks for any info. 😊

22 hours ago, ggo85 said:

I know suite and Zenith passengers can board at their leisure once boarding begins.  How do you determine when that is?  [When I checked in, my only option for boarding time was very late in the process].  We'll be at a hotel O/N and don't want to sit in the terminal when I could be sitting at the hotel. 

Didn't see the time in any of the pre-cruise documents.

BTW, not saying we want to be the very first ones on board -- just want to understand when we could start and work from there.

Our first cruise was Solstice in September 2022 and we were given noon for a concierge stateroom.  We showed up at 10 AM with no problems.  This was in Seattle.  I think it may depend on the port you are leaving from and how strict they are.

19 hours ago, ggo85 said:

Fort Lauderdale is the port. Departure is early - 3:30. 

I will be cruising for the first time with Celebrity in early February on the Ascent. I was a few hours late for checking in and our earliest option was 12pm. That sounds so late to me. I'm used to getting 10:30 check in time on other lines, but thats because i usually check in when its forst available. We will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and the ship departs at 3:30. This is my only let found so far. But, it's my fault for not checking in earlier that day. Bummer, but we will survive. 

On 1/9/2024 at 7:59 AM, Cruise Puss said:

As a first time Celebrity passenger, can anyone tell me how boarding works when you board in Southampton.  We're from England and travel down from Oxfordshire on the day, which usually takes about 1 and a half hours.  We've done a lot of cruising, just never with Celebrity.

Many thanks for any info. 😊

When check in opens for your cruise (usually 45 days before - check the app for your cruise and it will show the date), you select a boarding time. Arrive at the terminal at that time. When you check in on the app or website you enter your passport details,  and  on the day of boarding you are prompted to answer a few health questions. Therefore once you arrive at the terminal it’s usually a very quick process to board. 

5 hours ago, blueslily said:

What time does checking in start for Ascent in Fort Lauderdale? Staying in a SV. Thx. 

When I've checked in I've only seen 11 or 11:30 as the earliest

10 hours ago, blueslily said:

What time does checking in start for Ascent in Fort Lauderdale? Staying in a SV. Thx. 

Other than suites, cabin category doesn’t matter for check-in.  IME the terminal  doors  are not open until  11.  

• Thanks 1

We have an 11am check in time in Sydney but today received an email from The Retreat asking for our preferences on certain things, further down in the email it says boarding will commence at 1.15pm so have no idea what’s going on there..I have asked for clarification 

Just now, Midsomer Madness said:

We have an 11am check in time in Sydney but today received an email from The Retreat asking for our preferences on certain things, further down in the email it says boarding will commence at 1.15pm so have no idea what’s going on there..I have asked for clarification 

There’s check in, and there’s boarding.  They are different.  😀

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 10:11 AM, jelayne said:

Other than suites, cabin category doesn’t matter for check-in.  IME the terminal  doors  are not open until  11.  

Yes, I understand about the cabins not matering, other than suites. I wanted to share information about my reservation so folks would not have to come back and ask about my type of cabin, in case it indeed was a suite or something else that might matter. So, i was just providing info. Thanks 

On 1/12/2024 at 9:49 AM, StopTheWorld said:

When check in opens for your cruise (usually 45 days before - check the app for your cruise and it will show the date), you select a boarding time. Arrive at the terminal at that time. When you check in on the app or website you enter your passport details,  and  on the day of boarding you are prompted to answer a few health questions. Therefore once you arrive at the terminal it’s usually a very quick process to board. 

Thanks for this. Sounds very similar to what Princess used to do. 

We've already downloaded the app so will check at the appropriate time. 😊

Once on board can you go straight to your cabin or not?

Also, where is open to eat?

Many thanks.😊

• Like 1

We have two cruise in February from Fort Lauderdale b2b in suites. Our boarding time is 12.30. We will be at the terminal by around 10.30 and would expect to be boarded by 11.am unless there have been huge changes that we have missed some change since our previous cruises.

You never know what can delay boarding— a slower than usual disembarkation, bad weather, problems with customs and Immigration, or a raft other issues but you will probably be boarding around eleven as you predict only don’t be surprised if you are hung up in the terminal