Allura…is it too late to add Jacques and la Reserve ?

BEEZLEE

Our hope is there is some interest from O management to eliminate Embers and add Jacques to upcoming Allura…our 2nd wish would be to see la Reserve as part of Allura…

It may be a long shot, but we can dream.

• Like 3

There are many people who enjoy Ember and Aquamar (which replaced the area used by La Reserve) ..based upon the number of people enjoying Aqauamar during breakfast and lunch, it had a much higher usage than I ever saw with La Reserve.  On Vista they had created several private dining areas where they held the La Reserve dinner menus (for a fee) so that option is still avaIlable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

After reading the negative comments on this board, I was not expecting a great dinner. However, we ate there last night. It was very good.  Best steak on a cruise. I understand you like Jacques. I like it too. Like the variety on the ships.  Haven’t tried Aquamar. It has been very crowded most days.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BEEZLEE said:

Our hope is there is some interest from O management to eliminate Embers and add Jacques to upcoming Allura…our 2nd wish would be to see la Reserve as part of Allura…

It may be a long shot, but we can dream.

It will never happen and the name of the restaurant is Ember...NO S

Jancruz1

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jancruz said:

It will never happen and the name of the restaurant is Ember...NO S

Jancruz1

Hi Jancruz! A few weeks back there was a rumor of a creperie and gelato place being added to one of the ships (Vista maybe?). Has Oceania released any information about this? I love crepes and my spouse is a huge gelato fan, so these would be great news if true. My biggest dilemma will be sweet or savory...such a trial. 🙂

My problem with Ember is that it was extremely loud. So loud that I couldn’t hear someone on the other side of a table for four. I thought the food was fine but the noise will keep me away. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

My problem with Ember is that it was extremely loud. So loud that I couldn’t hear someone on the other side of a table for four. I thought the food was fine but the noise will keep me away. 

Agree, it was VERY loud for us too.  Depending on the item the food was fair to very good.  My pork chop was tough and almost impossible to cut.  On the other hand my DH's fish and chips were excellent.    

We will go back but will be more careful about what we order and try to get seated in the quieter areas, if there are any.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Hi Jancruz! A few weeks back there was a rumor of a creperie and gelato place being added to one of the ships (Vista maybe?). Has Oceania released any information about this? I love crepes and my spouse is a huge gelato fan, so these would be great news if true. My biggest dilemma will be sweet or savory...such a trial. 🙂

I will be happy to ask..I have not heard but truthfully, I am not listening too much gossip lately..too many new itins and sales..

Let me check on Tuesday (Monday Holiday) and get back to you..

Jancruz1

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:51 PM, Jancruz said:

I will be happy to ask..I have not heard but truthfully, I am not listening too much gossip lately..too many new itins and sales..

Let me check on Tuesday (Monday Holiday) and get back to you..

Jancruz1

FYI on Insignia in Dec 2023 the O Ambasssador presentation mentioned that gelato and creperie features were planned for Allura. Not sure if this is implied/expected for a future Vista (or any other ship) update - didn't seem that way at the time but anything's possible! 

Edited by babysteps
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babysteps said:

FYI on Insignia in Dec 2023 the O Ambasssador presentation mentioned that gelato and creperie features were planned for Allura. Not sure if this is implied/expected for a future Vista (or any other ship) update - didn't seem that way at the time but anything's possible! 

Well let's see, Celebrity had a Creperie and it was good, but it didn't go over so they took it out. Their gelato dipper stands there without a lot to do, until Captain Club members come by and get their free scoop. Neither of these have gone over well on Celebrity. On the other hand they charge/charged for both of them. I'm sure it will be included on Oceania. 

43 minutes ago, ORV said:

Well let's see, Celebrity had a Creperie and it was good, but it didn't go over so they took it out. Their gelato dipper stands there without a lot to do, until Captain Club members come by and get their free scoop. Neither of these have gone over well on Celebrity. On the other hand they charge/charged for both of them. I'm sure it will be included on Oceania. 

I always thought the best job on a Celebrity S class ship was gelato scooper. Not much work until the last day when you have to scoop the one free scoop. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I’m sure that they would both have more success on Oceania because as you say they would be ‘included’, unlike on Celebrity.

16 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

I’m sure that they would both have more success on Oceania because as you say they would be ‘included’, unlike on Celebrity.

Guess it depends upon the definition of success. My capacity to eat is X. Adding these stations won’t increase X at all. Is there an expectation that people will overall starting eating more food if these stations are added?

Is something else being deleted to make room for these stations, such as Ember replacing Jacques ? Is that deemed a success? By whom? Is this truly a new addition requiring additional manpower? Manpower = $$$. I doubt it will then be free, as we’ll pay for it somehow. Is that success? We users individually paid for La Reserve. How many more items would you like to see added and thusly pay higher fare for? Personally, I’d rather have the people wanting all the new items pay for all that success. All this success ( higher fares) is starting to cross a threshold for us. First, we got the price increase nicknamed SM? Now we’re not sure what we’re getting, but “ included” means we’re all paying for it. I’ve never gone hungry on an Oceania ship, a there’s only so much success I want to pay for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Guess it depends upon the definition of success. My capacity to eat is X. Adding these stations won’t increase X at all. Is there an expectation that people will overall starting eating more food if these stations are added?

Is something else being deleted to make room for these stations, such as Ember replacing Jacques ? Is that deemed a success? By whom? Is this truly a new addition requiring additional manpower? Manpower = $$$. I doubt it will then be free, as we’ll pay for it somehow. Is that success? We users individually paid for La Reserve. How many more items would you like to see added and thusly pay higher fare for? Personally, I’d rather have the people wanting all the new items pay for all that success. All this success ( higher fares) is starting to cross a threshold for us. First, we got the price increase nicknamed SM? Now we’re not sure what we’re getting, but “ included” means we’re all paying for it. I’ve never gone hungry on an Oceania ship, a there’s only so much success I want to pay for.

Yes I agree! How much more do we want to pay for?

Personally I don’t eat gelato or crepes but then I would hate for the included extras like coffees etc to suddenly become ‘chargeable’. For me that would defeat the whole object of Oceania’s ‘inclusivity’ which is one of the reasons we sail with them.

Edited by Vallesan

On 1/13/2024 at 3:26 PM, basenji56 said:

We found that too, and apparently we were on the ‘quiet’ side.  Unfortunately, our food wasn’t good at all.  On the recommendation of another passenger, we ordered the fish and chips, or should I say french fries.  (Traditional fish and chips have chunky chips). The fish was absolute mush and quite awful. 

53 minutes ago, Tr1v1alCru1ser said:

We found that too, and apparently we were on the ‘quiet’ side.  Unfortunately, our food wasn’t good at all.  On the recommendation of another passenger, we ordered the fish and chips, or should I say french fries.  (Traditional fish and chips have chunky chips). The fish was absolute mush and quite awful. 

The fish & chips were the best item when we ate there in December.  The pork chop was so tough you couldn't cut it.  So obviously not consistent at all.

Hi Jancruz! A few weeks back there was a rumor of a creperie and gelato place being added to one of the ships (Vista maybe?). Has Oceania released any information about this? I love crepes and my spouse is a huge gelato fan, so these would be great news if true. My biggest dilemma will be sweet or savory...such a trial. 🙂

It is true - we’re adding it to Allura where the current library is. We glossed over it when we announced her inaugural season but haven’t made a big deal about it yet. Waiting for menus and images. But it’s out there 
Jancruz1
  • Like 2

Big mistake to replace Jacques with Embers.  Need venues with high quality food.  If you replace library with a creperie and gelato, Yuck!  Oceania needs to keep its competitive edge in the areas where they have a chance to compete:  the top knotch beds and high quality food.  Think about what you value when choosing a cruise ship.  Not willing to go back to Princess and Celebrity in quality!

• Like 1

Just consider how all those cruisers feel that believe the library is their second bedroom. They marks/reserves their library chair early for that afternoon nap!! 😂😂 Now they’ll have to either sleep in their cabins or in an ice cream joint! 😇

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

::stocks up  on popcorn::   🙄

I understood that the library is being moved up to the conference/media room between the Linc (internet) room and the smoking room on Deck 14 but nothing concrete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

I understood that the library is being moved up to the conference/media room between the Linc (internet) room and the smoking room on Deck 14 but nothing concrete

Glad to hear if true.  A lot of folks still like fiction in dead-tree format and reference material from last year.

My 2¢:

Libraries, ashore and afloat, are getting a lot less vital because of internet, browsers, and ebooks, so IMNSHO can go the way of buggy whips, encyclopedias, and landlines.

My first ebooks were in 1999, when I stopped defining "disembarkation day" as "2 chapters before my borrowed whodunit's reveal".  🤔