Exciting deal on Ascent

Susanb10567

For those looking to try the retreat on the Ascent…in the exciting deal e-mail that came today the March 17th sailing a suite guarantee is around $5500…that I think is as good a deal as your going to get…

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

For those looking to try the retreat on the Ascent…in the exciting deal e-mail that came today the March 17th sailing a suite guarantee is around $5500…that I think is as good a deal as your going to get…

Agreed..

15 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Am I missing something? Our regular TA has the March 17th 2024 sailing at $2897 + port fees and taxes for an entry level suite. 

That’s the average for 2 people. Once it’s all priced out the total is almost $6450 for 2. If you got it for $2897 for 2 people then you got a steal and there was likely a mistake 

20 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Am I missing something? Our regular TA has the March 17th 2024 sailing at $2897 + port fees and taxes for an entry level suite. 

That's per person. 

$2897 x 2 + $330 tax/fees = $6124 for the S1. 

$2387 x 2 + $330 tax/fees = $5104 for the GTY Suite. 

Prices are fairly close for the March 31 cruise also. 

March 17, 24, and 31 are all under $6K for a suite on Ascent. Some suite guarantees are around $5200.

Almost the same time last year the Beyond suites for late March, early April were going for less than $5K. 

Looks like it’s only three weeks. I’m tempted for the 3/31 sailing, can’t do the others. 

Here we go @Mrs_Tiki, @KKB, @Silkroad, @GenerationX, @Irishredhead21 !

mac_tlc

However, these are in the Caribbean, so a “no go” for my personal choice.  However, those who enjoy that venue are getting a good price, IMHO.  I do not believe Silkroad is a big “go" on the Caribbean either, but she can do whatever suits her fancy!  Getting bumped from Beyond is not a great experience, especially in Europe when one has to pay more because a cruise, or two were canceled, as it can leave a real negative, especially when one really enjoys the ports filled with history and culture.

Edited by Lastdance

24 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

March 17, 24, and 31 are all under $6K for a suite on Ascent. Some suite guarantees are around $5200.

Almost the same time last year the Beyond suites for late March, early April were going for less than $5K. 

Looks like it’s only three weeks. I’m tempted for the 3/31 sailing, can’t do the others. 

mac_tlc

Aargh—if 2 of our kids weren’t joining us in Vegas in March, I coulda convinced him to switch to this.

One day…

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I used to get the Exciting Deals e-mails, but this post has made me realize that I no longer do.  Can anyone advise how I get on that list again?  Have no idea how I did it before.  Thanks.

This link will take you to the current Exciting Deals flyer: link

The pdf file that this link points to gets updated weekly, in other words this link should be good for next week, the week after that, etc.

I like the format of the information in the pdf better than where the links in the Exciting Deals emails take you. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Thank you so much for the heads up!! As of now, I’ll be going on my (at that point) second cruise with Azamara in April 2025. Sounds like a great deal though! See you guys on Sunday!

Edited by Irishredhead21
Delete

4 hours ago, Moochi said:

Last year’s price includes $850 OBC and gratuities. That’s around $1,000 difference 

OBC was $600 on Beyond last year ($4,687)and grats are worth $322, so, yup, $922. Unfortunately those days are gone and the economic bar has been moved. Given current pricing and policies, $5,100 for a suite guarantee on Ascent is a good price. 

We used our OBC for the specialty restaurants —- now, no OBC, no specialties

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

31 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

$5,100 for a suite guarantee on Ascent is a good price. 

Hmmmmm, doesn't seem it to me, especially if you sail different lines. I'm typing that this from our sky suite where our FB sailing group have made many comments about the cutbacks really impacting the food, beverage and service quality. 

The itinerary is pretty lame too IMHO. 

18 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Hmmmmm, doesn't seem it to me, especially if you sail different lines. I'm typing that this from our sky suite where our FB sailing group have made many comments about the cutbacks really impacting the food, beverage and service quality. 

We are well beyond sailing anywhere in the Caribbean for the itinerary. That’s not our motivation for a Caribbean cruise. There are other places for that. 

I’ll see next week how the changes impact the experience. Until then, others individual opinions are informative but not conclusive. 

We can discuss “value” until the cows come home, but IMHO that price is worth considering. Can’t find a balcony in YC for that, certainly can’t approach the Icon, Star, Wonder or Utopia for twice the per day price. Or almost any Royal ship. 

Enjoy your cruise—- have a Bourbon & Peaches for me! 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I used to get the Exciting Deals e-mails, but this post has made me realize that I no longer do.  Can anyone advise how I get on that list again?  Have no idea how I did it before.  Thanks.

Would like to know how also. I receive Celebrity e-mails everyday with the normal promotions but how do you get these e-mails on exciting deals. We are Elite plus and receive none of these.

Cheers! 

56 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

🙄 Of course you could pick a different line in a different class on a different itinerary. The obvious point here is you aren’t finding an E class suite anywhere near this price often at all. 

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Would like to know how also. I receive Celebrity e-mails everyday with the normal promotions but how do you get these e-mails on exciting deals. We are Elite plus and receive none of these.

Cheers! 

Post #12 has a link to the Exciting Deals. Bookmark it and you’ll be able to check them anytime.

16 hours ago, mahdnc said:

This link will take you to the current Exciting Deals flyer: link

The pdf file that this link points to gets updated weekly, in other words this link should be good for next week, the week after that, etc.

I like the format of the information in the pdf better than where the links in the Exciting Deals emails take you. 

Thanks.  I think what happened is my shortcut died when my computer crashed.  Although I think I used to get emails also.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

6 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Can’t find a balcony in YC for that

Totally agree. Have been wanting to try YC and Haven for some time, but can’t find anything cheaper than a Sky Suite.

I just found this thread.

The link to the current exciting deals no longer has that wonderful fare for the Retreat on the Ascent.

I guess it's 'You snooze you lose" 🤐

Edited by chamima