Fighting Princess for my "complementary" 360 Dining Experience :O( Opinions Please !

Shippy

On 1/22/2024 at 9:00 PM, HBCcruiser said:

I sent an email this weekend to guest services and just got this reply. Sweet! I’m not sure about the reason but who cares! They added back our reservations at no charge. 🤗

What was the name of the PCL employee who wrote you?

22 hours ago, westcoastBC said:

You don't have to wait until you get on board to speak to the concierge you can text via Whats App at 1 661-289-8906. Not sure who the new manager is as the last one left Jan 20th.

I arranged all my dining and requests two weeks prior to sailing.

18 hours ago, coopco said:

Thanks. I just texted on What’s App. I’ll post if I get a response.

I just added this to my list of PCL phone numbers and it is described as "Discovery Princess" in WhatsApp.  I am thinking this is actually on the ship despite the "661" Area Code (which is the Area Code for PCL HQ).  IIRC, 360 is on two ships now and will be on Sun/Star no doubt, so a guest using the provided number should be sailing on Discovery I should think.

Uggh.  Just spent about 20 minutes on a not very pleasant phone call with a dining rep somewhere in the Philippines or wherever.  (Background noise

Like you folks, I'm trying to book my 360 experience prior to getting on board, but hit the $298 credit card charge request on the app, online...and even with the phone rep!!!  She said she couldn't do the booking for me without charging me! 

She recommended that I do it on board....which may have been great advice in the past, but now with this thing open for everyone, I'm likely to lose preferred time slots.

Whatever.  This is rather frustrating and very stupid that (1) there isn't some automatic override with the software making it free when we book it; and (2) there isn't a dedicated phone line for suite customers to handle these things.

I'm going to try the email suggested above and will report back...

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 6:59 PM, Crown Cruiser said:

My PVP told me to make the reservation I wanted (so that it didn’t book up completely).  She said we would probably be billed (we were) and when we board we should get the credit back ( I will talk to the suite concierge  first thing).  Hopefully this works!  BTW: I have a copy of my credit card bill to show on the ship in case there are any questions..

I would also bring a screen shot from the website saying this is a complimentary perk. 

On 1/28/2024 at 10:54 AM, westcoastBC said:

You don't have to wait until you get on board to speak to the concierge you can text via Whats App at 1 661-289-8906. Not sure who the new manager is as the last one left Jan 20th.

I arranged all my dining and requests two weeks prior to sailing.

Is this specific to the ship you are on OR is it for all ships?

PLEASE disregard this query...just saw a prior response that it is specific to Discovery Princess. 

Edited by ninka26

Waiting since last week for a response from customer relations or Mr. Steinke.  This is not rocket science.  No reason why the 360 experience could not be coded for suite guests.  They could even have a simple check box if you booked a suite before Dec. 1st.  Will post when I hear back.  Like others, I'll book and just hope for a refund without too much effort.  

• Like 1

Just heard back from Princess.  Very impressed by the person who called replying to my email and answered several questions.  I would have responded to CC sooner but my dog was in my chair and I couldn't get to the computer.  I did book 360 on the app and was charged but I got the date and time I wanted.  He told me that any booking for 360 would be handled through customer relations as the ones answering the phones at the 800 number have been instructed to say that the 360 perk will no longer be offered.  I will get refunded.  I also asked about specialty dining on embarkation day.  That cannot be booked ahead and can only be booked onboard.  They do save spots for suite guests and it is complimentary.  So, I am very pleased with the service given.  My suggestion is to email customerrelations@princesscruises.com.  They are in the business to make you happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @bphman for circling back to educate us.  Very much appreciated.

I emailed them today.  Guess I should expect something within a week. 

Shouldn't really be so much work to do something so simple...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bphman said:

Just heard back from Princess.  Very impressed by the person who called replying to my email and answered several questions.  I would have responded to CC sooner but my dog was in my chair and I couldn't get to the computer.  I did book 360 on the app and was charged but I got the date and time I wanted.  He told me that any booking for 360 would be handled through customer relations as the ones answering the phones at the 800 number have been instructed to say that the 360 perk will no longer be offered.  I will get refunded.  I also asked about specialty dining on embarkation day.  That cannot be booked ahead and can only be booked onboard.  They do save spots for suite guests and it is complimentary.  So, I am very pleased with the service given.  My suggestion is to email customerrelations@princesscruises.com.  They are in the business to make you happy.

Happy it worked for you. Thanks for the feedback.

15 minutes ago, bphman said:

Thank you so much.  I figured I would eventually get refunded for 360 and it is reassuring to know that I will not be shut out of the Crowne grill or forced to eat at 8:30 the first night of the cruise.  Happy sailing.

Edited by lolane1
more info

7 hours ago, bphman said:

Thanks so much for letting us know. I’ll email customer relations. Appreciate the post.

On 1/29/2024 at 1:12 PM, JGmf said:

Uggh.  Just spent about 20 minutes on a not very pleasant phone call with a dining rep somewhere in the Philippines or wherever.

Like you folks, I'm trying to book my 360 experience prior to getting on board, but hit the $298 credit card charge request on the app, online...and even with the phone rep!!!  She said she couldn't do the booking for me without charging me! 

I'm going to try the email suggested above and will report back...

Reporting back:

I emailed customer service as suggested by others.  Sent the email Monday afternoon and got a reply on Wednesday evening.  I received my preferred time and date and wasn't charged. 

Thanks to others for suggesting this.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JGmf said:

Reporting back:

I emailed customer service as suggested by others.  Sent the email Monday afternoon and got a reply on Wednesday evening.  I received my preferred time and date and wasn't charged. 

Thanks to others for suggesting this.

Thanks for the update. I am still waiting to hear back.

We just booked a cruise on Enchanted for May, 2024, and luckily we got an aft penthouse. I assumed that 360 was still a suite perk, but isn’t  listed as a suite perk anymore. In other words, they’ve raised the price of the suites by $300 with nothing to replace the 360 perk. We already had the experience last year so we wouldn’t pay $300 for it because we think that a big part of it are the “surprises”. If they redo it to another part of the world we’d definitely be willing to pay for that. 

I've been following this thread.  Waited until my cruise was over (Discovery 1/27/24) to tell our experience:  

We booked our Suite on the Discovery last October.  Our documents confirmed the complementary 360 experience.  A few emails from Princess also said stated we could reserve ahead of time with no charge.  Numerous calls to try to book resulted in being told we would be charged up front.  I even sent an email to Princess VP and never got an answer.  Not wanting to end up with $300 shipboard credit, we decided take our chances to book on board. 

Once on board, our Concierge had a very difficult time trying to book our spot.  Finally, on the last day he was able to secure our reservation.  

Sorry it's such a long story.  It did have a good ending, but the process to get what was promised turned into a real challenge.  

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, boburly said:

I've been following this thread.  Waited until my cruise was over (Discovery 1/27/24) to tell our experience:  

We booked our Suite on the Discovery last October.  Our documents confirmed the complementary 360 experience.  A few emails from Princess also said stated we could reserve ahead of time with no charge.  Numerous calls to try to book resulted in being told we would be charged up front.  I even sent an email to Princess VP and never got an answer.  Not wanting to end up with $300 shipboard credit, we decided take our chances to book on board. 

Once on board, our Concierge had a very difficult time trying to book our spot.  Finally, on the last day he was able to secure our reservation.  

Sorry it's such a long story.  It did have a good ending, but the process to get what was promised turned into a real challenge.  

Thanks for the update. I’m not sure if you know the answers but I have a couple questions:

1. If you booked and payed and have a travel summary saying 360 for $0, will you get a refund?

2. Can you get a refund to your credit card or does it need to be OBC? If OBC, is it refundable?

2 hours ago, coopco said:

Thanks for the update. I’m not sure if you know the answers but I have a couple questions:

1. If you booked and payed and have a travel summary saying 360 for $0, will you get a refund?

2. Can you get a refund to your credit card or does it need to be OBC? If OBC, is it refundable?

If you book ahead of time, they will charge your card immediately.  I pretty sure you'll only get OBC which has to be used on the cruise.  We weren't going to be taking shore excursions, so I didn't want to lose the $$.  Plus I didn't want the hassle of trying to get the credit.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, boburly said:

If you book ahead of time, they will charge your card immediately.  I pretty sure you'll only get OBC which has to be used on the cruise.  We weren't going to be taking shore excursions, so I didn't want to lose the $$.  Plus I didn't want the hassle of trying to get the credit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve already payed for 360 but if I can’t get my money back, I’d likely cancel. I don’t mind FCC or refundable OBC but I really don’t need more non-refundable OBC for this short 3 day cruise. Hopefully if someone can confirm once they are onboard, I can determine if I should cancel.

We are on the April 27, 2024 sailing of the Enchanted and we got the email about 360 today (excerpt below).  DH definitely wants no part of this because he was underwhelmed when we went during the trial on the Discovery.  I thought it was fun although at least one of the courses wasn't to our liking.  Probably won't go but I'm at least glad they are starting to communicate more about the situation.

image.png.78a191cb2e9eaa0e1b1bb21a5741e026.png

• Thanks 1

@azbirdmomThinking of booking the 360 Experience for me, my son and his finance.  But if you don't mind, could you please tell me why he was underwhelmed while you enjoyed it?  Just curious as my son's finance and I are very interested but my son not so much.  Thank you.