Fighting Princess for my "complementary" 360 Dining Experience :O( Opinions Please !

Shippy

We have had few problems with Princess in our 20+ cruises with them.  Once, I thought Princess was being unreasonable about an issue I felt strongly about.  After getting nowhere with cs, I sent an email to Mr. Steinke at the above address.  I received a phone call in a couple of days and we were able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.  

• Like 2

Glad I went ahead & made a booking.

Even though it says I will be charged. I will take up with the concierge when onboard.

I can always cancel.

The times for the 360 dining are 5:00pm & 7:30pm.

Cruise is a little less than 2 weeks out.  We had a good choice because we are old & only want early dining  BUT   there is only one evening left for the 7:30 pm slot and 2 nights with NO availability !  I think it risky to wait until you are onboard to book.

It only holds 20 people per session. That is a very small percentage of the ship & it is getting more popular.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We just booked Enchanted for next December. I booked 360 right away and it showed as free (It did not charge my card). This week the reservation disappeared- POOF! Now when I try to rebook I get this error message. SMH. 🤦🏼‍♀️

IMG_4924.png

I’d call the dining res dept. 

2 minutes ago, dansgirlie said:

I’d call the dining res dept. 

I did but they could not do anything (Tech glitch🙄🤦🏼‍♀️) so I sent an email to guest services and some top brass. We shall see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I did but they could not do anything (Tech glitch🙄🤦🏼‍♀️) so I sent an email to guest services and some top brass. We shall see what happens. 

I was really hoping this would be a better experience than NCL. I’m sure it still will be, but this topic is a huge disappointment! 

9 minutes ago, dansgirlie said:

I was really hoping this would be a better experience than NCL. I’m sure it still will be, but this topic is a huge disappointment! 

NCL and Princess - all cruise lines IMO - have crappy Technology and website designs. Very out of date. Hopefully Princess will fix the glitch and make things right for those of us who booked 360 prior to the dipseedoo-switcheroo of suite perks. We had issues on our December 2023 NCL Bliss cruise as well. Ship happens I guess. 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, Shippy said:

Glad I went ahead & made a booking.

Even though it says I will be charged. I will take up with the concierge when onboard.

I can always cancel.

The times for the 360 dining are 5:00pm & 7:30pm.

Cruise is a little less than 2 weeks out.  We had a good choice because we are old & only want early dining  BUT   there is only one evening left for the 7:30 pm slot and 2 nights with NO availability !  I think it risky to wait until you are onboard to book.

It only holds 20 people per session. That is a very small percentage of the ship & it is getting more popular.

I know you mentioned the older documents you were going to take along to prove that you should get 360 as a suite perk.  I'd also suggest that you generate a new Travel Summary and if that shows 360 (as mine does), print that too as it would have today's date on it.  I keep saying this but Princess needs to do better with communications.  The sneaky approach they've used with so many things as they have eliminated perks or increased pricing without notification just creates ill will.  Good luck to you and please come back and let us all know how it goes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I know you mentioned the older documents you were going to take along to prove that you should get 360 as a suite perk.  I'd also suggest that you generate a new Travel Summary and if that shows 360 (as mine does), print that too as it would have today's date on it.  I keep saying this but Princess needs to do better with communications.  The sneaky approach they've used with so many things as they have eliminated perks or increased pricing without notification just creates ill will.  Good luck to you and please come back and let us all know how it goes.

They are actually not old....just from this week ! 

Will let you know. Been watching some youtubes

Even if they do not comp it, I do not think I will cancel. Looks fabulous & we may never have another chance to see it !

• Like 1

Insert editorial comment:

It really stinks that they eliminated the 360 as a suite perk, especially since Princess has relatively few perks given the exponentially higher costs of a suite.  It feels like a petty, short-sighted thing.

I just printed my Special Services Gifts list and forwarded it to Mr. Steinke.  I think I will book the 360 as well before the late seatings all book up.  I will let everyone know what happens after I hear back from Mr. Steinke or his representative.  If I have it in writing from them, I don't see how they could deny me this perk.  I have never been denied a perk that was offered at the time of booking and later removed for. future bookings.

I sent an email this weekend to guest services and just got this reply. Sweet! I’m not sure about the reason but who cares! They added back our reservations at no charge. 🤗

IMG_4953.thumb.jpeg.58bb54a7e8ac84706364bf335a40edad.jpeg

• Like 1

Glad you got this worked out.

I checked our 2026 New Zealand cruise to see if the 360 experience was still free since we book long before Princess made the change for suite guests.  The travel summary clearly states '360 Dining Suite Entitlement' with no charge.  However, if I try to book on the app, it shows a charge of $149 per person.  I'll just make sure I have a printed copy of the travel summary and deal with the charges on board; I don't want to risk missing out because I didn't book in time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, llgator said:

Same problem with customer service today but I also got this email today that clearly states it's complimentary. I just booked it and hope to get my money back!

Screenshot_20240123_232125_Gmail.jpg

I'm also in a suite in March and have it listed on my Travel Summary.

I saw this on Princess' Facebook page a couple minutes ago:

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor

Princess Cruises

Hi Allie. Yes, that is correct. For Suite guests booked before December 1, 2023, the 360 Experience would still be complimentary. We hope this helps.
Edited by SpareBrew
  • Thanks 1

I did a real booking just to same a spot as they are filling up.

I will let the concierge make the final decision. We sail in less than 2 weeks....I will let you know  

• Like 1

According to a message that I received from Princess Cruises on Instagram today, the 360 dinner is complementary for suites as long as the cruise was booked prior to December 1, 2023.  If that is the case and you were charged for your reservation, see the suite concierge onboard and he/she will get the credit for you.  Bookings made after December 1, 2023 will be charged regardless of their cabin.

• Thanks 1

This is part of an email that I received this week.

And because you booked a suite before December 1, 2023, it won't cost you a thing!

This epic, seven-course journey transports you to the Mediterranean. 

We can’t give away the menu, but we can give you a sense (or five) of what to expect: 

• Seven courses showcasing the best of Mediterranean cuisine perfectly paired with cocktails and wine
  • Dazzling imagery in a room wrapped with hi-def screens
  • Stunning hi-res sound for a unique sonic element
  • Enticing aromas pumped into the atmosphere 
  • Captivating stories about the food you’re enjoying ? and the people who produced it

Space is limited, so secure your seat at the table with your suite concierge as soon as you're on board.”

looks like it is official.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 10:59 AM, Crown Cruiser said:

My PVP told me to make the reservation I wanted (so that it didn’t book up completely).  She said we would probably be billed (we were) and when we board we should get the credit back ( I will talk to the suite concierge  first thing).  Hopefully this works!  BTW: I have a copy of my credit card bill to show on the ship in case there are any questions..

We are still waiting for a refund for complimentary dining that was charged to our CC last October after being told onboard at Guest Relations it would be returned straight away . Frustratingly angry with Princess after several email contacts that promise but provide nothing .

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

And because you booked a suite before December 1, 2023, it won't cost you a thing!

We can’t give away the menu, but we can give you a sense (or five) of what to expect: 

• Seven courses showcasing the best of Mediterranean cuisine perfectly paired with cocktails and wine
  • Captivating stories about the food you’re enjoying ? and the people who produced it

Space is limited, so secure your seat at the table with your suite concierge as soon as you're on board.”

I certainly would NOT wait until I am onboard.

On my coming up trip, there all already 4 nights with NO vacancies & only 1 with the second seating available.  That is why I went ahead & made my reservation awhile back & will deal with the issue of complimentary or not when I get onboard..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you for sharing.  When is your cruise?  Just curious how far in advance they send out the notification.