Fighting Princess for my "complementary" 360 Dining Experience :O( Opinions Please !

Shippy

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you for sharing.  When is your cruise?  Just curious how far in advance they send out the notification.

My cruises are April 6 and April 13

• Thanks 1

So just so I’m clear, if we booked a suite before December 1st and our travel summary says 360 for $0, we should book the reservation and pay for it and once onboard show our travel summary saying it should be free and request a refund. Is that right? I certainly don’t want to get onboard and have them tell me it’s sold out. 360 is one of the reasons why I booked this cruise. The only day available was embarkation (3 day cruise) so I can’t cancel once onboard because it will be within the non-cancellation period.

Edited by coopco
Typos

Some of you might have read my other thread about the possibility of having the 360 Dining be complimentary.

I went ahead & booked because I saw many times were booking up. I was going to take it up with the concierge when we got onboard.

Our cruise is February 2nd.

If not complimentary, I figured we would use our onboard credit. Shocked to see our credit card was charged this morning.

I purposely made a reservation several days in to the cruise to allow time for changes or cancellation.

VERY disappointed they would do this.

15 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Some of you might have read my other thread about the possibility of having the 360 Dining be complimentary.

I went ahead & booked because I saw many times were booking up. I was going to take it up with the concierge when we got onboard.

If not complimentary, I figured we would use our onboard credit. Shocked to see our credit card was charged this morning.

I purposely made a reservation several days in to the cruise to allow time for changes or cancellation.

I have no idea why you are disappointed. OBC is”On Board Credit “. You are not in ship yet the only thing you can use it for at this point is excursions 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Shippy said:

OBC can only be used to purchase excursions before your cruise, everything else will be billed to your credit card.

If 360 does turn out to be complimentary for you, the ship will refund the cost.  Hope it turns out well for you.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have no idea why you are disappointed. OBC is”On Board Credit “. You are not in ship yet the only thing you can use it for at this point is excursions 

Good point...

I did not even think about that. I just assumed I was holding a spot.

Does that apply to all advance dining reservations ?

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

Excursions are not 'on board' and as you can book those in advance of getting on the ship it does seem perfectly reasonable to me to assume that you could book speciality dining (that will take place ON BOARD) in advance of physically being on board. I don't understand why folk think it's obvious that you can use OBC to book excursions before boarding, but not dining. But that's me and my logic.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

Excursions are not 'on board' and as you can book those in advance of getting on the ship it does seem perfectly reasonable to me to assume that you could book speciality dining (that will take place ON BOARD) in advance of physically being on board. I don't understand why folk think it's obvious that you can use OBC to book excursions before boarding, but not dining. But that's me and my logic.

Most people who cruise are very aware of these things. Same with spa services. If you booking before boarding you pay up front. Same with specialty dining. People should do research before simply assuming

Here is the answer from Princess. 

Redeeming onboard credit

Before you sail, your Onboard Credit can be used to purchase shore excursions online through Cruise Personalizer. When you check out, we’ll automatically apply your credit to the payment due unless you uncheck the "onboard credit applied" box on the "Reservation Summary" screen.

Once on board, you can use Onboard Credit on shore excursions, specialty dining, spa treatments, beverage packages and more. Purchases will be added to your stateroom folio and your Onboard Credit will be automatically applied before your credit card is charged at the end of your cruise.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

OBC can only be used to purchase excursions before your cruise, everything else will be billed to your credit card.

If 360 does turn out to be complimentary for you, the ship will refund the cost.  Hope it turns out well for you.

We have cruised many times.

I never have reserved in advance anything.

I though reserved for a restaurant was like at home. I wish that it said reserve & pay !

I really thought I would be onboard before charged,

You don't have to wait until you get on board to speak to the concierge you can text via Whats App at 1 661-289-8906. Not sure who the new manager is as the last one left Jan 20th.

I arranged all my dining and requests two weeks prior to sailing.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I though reserved for a restaurant was like at home. I wish that it said reserve & pay !

I have reserved specialty dining a few times in the past couple of years.  I’ve always been aware that the credit card would be billed when I confirmed the reservation.  

Years ago, I remember that we could reserve a shore excursion before a cruise and we didn’t have to pay for it until after the excursion was complete (2010 I think).  It hasn’t been like that for many years now.  (I wish it still was.)

5 hours ago, Shippy said:

Can you post after February 2nd if you were able to get your money back? Our cruise is in late March so I’d be curious. Once on Discovery, I made reservations for specialty dining and paid because on the previous cruise on Discovery when I tried to make reservations the first afternoon, they said everything was sold out. I did finally get credited but got the run around for that to happen. Also if you wait until onboard to book excursions, often on Discovery, the good ones are sold out. I haven’t had this experience on other Princess ships and assume it because of the higher passenger capacity. We don’t need extra OBC because our cruise is short but if we got FCC, I’d be OK with that. I’m just curious to see what they tell you.

3 hours ago, westcoastBC said:

You don't have to wait until you get on board to speak to the concierge you can text via Whats App at 1 661-289-8906. Not sure who the new manager is as the last one left Jan 20th.

I arranged all my dining and requests two weeks prior to sailing.

Thanks. I just texted on What’s App. I’ll post if I get a response.

11 minutes ago, coopco said:

Can you post after February 2nd if you were able to get your money back? Our cruise is in late March so I’d be curious. Once on Discovery, I made reservations for specialty dining and paid because on the previous cruise on Discovery when I tried to make reservations the first afternoon, they said everything was sold out. I did finally get credited but got the run around for that to happen. Also if you wait until onboard to book excursions, often on Discovery, the good ones are sold out. I haven’t had this experience on other Princess ships and assume it because of the higher passenger capacity. We don’t need extra OBC because our cruise is short but if we got FCC, I’d be OK with that. I’m just curious to see what they tell you.

I will.

You are right about the selling out part. I wanted the first sea day but just in case we decided to cancel,

I booked 2 days out. I thought you we be alright to give 24 or 48 hrs notice. Now that I know we have been charged, I went back to change to the first sea day & there is no longer any availability then !

Whatever the outcome, I am now sure we will go.

I think the original suite perk was to get people to understand what the 360 Dining was.. It served its purpose. I think it will get harder & harder to get a reservation for it.

Remember, it is now in a special room with only 20 people allowed to attend at a time. If they make it bigger,and I bet they will, it will just not be the same.

I'm sailing in a suite on April 20th with my daughter.  I didn't realize thr 360 dining was an issue.  Thank goodness for Cruise Critic.  I did book before December and my travel summary says 360 is complimentary.  However, I just went to book and several of the dates are booked out. I am more than annoyed. So I booked what I could.   Additionally, the free specialty dining on the first night shows only really late availability in the Crowne Grill.  What the heck?????  Looks like I would be charged for that too.  I wish Princess would get their act together.  So much for paying for a suite with these perks. I am not going to book the Specialty dining and they had better accommodate me on another night.  Plus refund the charges for the 360 dining. Oh yeah, $298 already showing on my credit card. Who can I write to to have these charges reversed now?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lolane1 said:

I'm sailing in a suite on April 20th with my daughter.  I didn't realize thr 360 dining was an issue.  Thank goodness for Cruise Critic.  I did book before December and my travel summary says 360 is complimentary.  However, I just went to book and several of the dates are booked out. I am more than annoyed. So I booked what I could.   Additionally, the free specialty dining on the first night shows only really late availability in the Crowne Grill.  What the heck?????  Looks like I would be charged for that too.  I wish Princess would get their act together.  So much for paying for a suite with these perks. I am not going to book the Specialty dining and they had better accommodate me on another night.  Plus refund the charges for the 360 dining. Oh yeah, $298 already showing on my credit card. Who can I write to to have these charges reversed now?

Look at the two posts just before yours.  #54 and 55.

Maybe helpful.

1 hour ago, lolane1 said:

Thanks but I don't do What's App

Honestly I doubt I’ll get a response on What’s App. I did mention my cruise is in March and I’m in a suite and my travel summary shows no charge for 360 but my credit card was charged. I’ll definitely post if I get a response.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lolane1 said:

You will probably have to have the suite concierge refund the charges once you're onboard.

14 hours ago, lolane1 said:

You could send an email to customer relations and see if they will credit these charges.  If not, I’d tell the concierge once OB.  Let us know.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

You could send an email to customer relations and see if they will credit these charges.  If not, I’d tell the concierge once OB.  Let us know.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Thanks!  I actually did that last night.  I also found the 360 listed as complimentary on my original booking confirmation from June of last year. I am not so crazed this morning LOL.   

Original booking under general information:   "360:An Extraordinary Experience available to Suite Guests. Suite guests can look forward to receiving an exclusive invitation to 360: An Extraordinary Experience available exclusively on Discovery Princess and Enchanted Princess. 

I also remembered that customer relations were very respomsive fixing another issue for me in the not too

distant past.  I'll update if I hear back otherwise I'll bring the original booking printout with me on the ship.

Edited by lolane1
more info

23 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

I agree!  I wonder why they can't make dining reservations similar to shore excursions and allow you to use your OBC.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Shippy said:

There is an exception to pre-ordering something and not paying.  But it is not using OBC.

If a guest has a Specialty Dining (SD) credit due to a Princess booking promotion or because they booked with Premier Cruise Package, then the system (DineMyWay or DMW) should (key word) recognize the credit and not bill for a reservation.  This works for many folks a lot of the time, but not all folks all of the time.  If it fails, you have to get OBC refund on board or contact PCL to book you if they can.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lolane1 said:

Thanks!  I actually did that last night.  I also found the 360 listed as complimentary on my original booking confirmation from June of last year. I am not so crazed this morning LOL.   

Original booking under general information:   "360:An Extraordinary Experience available to Suite Guests. Suite guests can look forward to receiving an exclusive invitation to 360: An Extraordinary Experience available exclusively on Discovery Princess and Enchanted Princess. 

I also remembered that customer relations were very respomsive fixing another issue for me in the not too

distant past.  I'll update if I hear back otherwise I'll bring the original booking printout with me on the ship.

Awesome!  Enjoy 360, we really did.