LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

1 hour ago, karebare22 said:

I’m really enjoying all the photos and videos, keep them coming!

I assume with the high #s of D+/Pinn/suite guests that there isn’t any priority seating set aside for the shows?

They had priority seating for Pinns. They were white chairs that were brought in and put in a place where there were no theater seating. They weren't as comfortable as the other seats so we moved. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maudde said:

Regarding the Crown Lounge… If I understand correctly, there is no longer a diamond lounge and only D+ and P are allowed in during happy hour, but are diamonds still allowed in at other times (mornings for coffees)?
Also has anyone experienced a chefs table or have seen one offered?  Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

Diamonds are allowed in except during HH. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cr2000 said:

The ship was designed with families in mind, just look at the waterpark they put on the ship. No surprise the headline show would be something for kids.

The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy and Somewhere over the Rainbow also appeal to another large class of cruisers.

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were there too!  We also thought it was good and agree it was a little to long. 

Can't believe people were taking pics.  Well I did take one at the beginning showing Dorothy on here cell phone.  😆 Listening to the storm warnings.

Dor1_145512.thumb.jpg.5f54378b364496fa8b3b3edafd223fec.jpg

Oh and after Toto was taken.

Totogone1_151129.thumb.jpg.4f2e7ad155a125babf2b667d6c4af5ba.jpg

And then decides to run away.

Runaway1_151410.thumb.jpg.224010ab0ad2691a2594f2fba616c676.jpg

RunAway2_151516.thumb.jpg.713ee78e11a68cbefdd3bf1aee761c8e.jpg

And decides to go home and the storm hits! 

Storm_151655.thumb.jpg.4b706ec6152d780925dfc813607f1497.jpg

Maybe y'all were sitting near us. I didn't pay attention to who was taking the pictures, but the phone screens were noticeable.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I think it's like It's A Wonderful Life.  I've  watched that every year for about 60....and Oz for maybe 40 yrs and I'm 73, I can't wait to see Oz. Neither of those would ever bore me, just put me back in my glorious childhood days and let me sing all the songs right along! The puppet dog kinda bothers me, I wish they'd used a real puppet on wire from above instead of the guy scurrying around, or maybe just keep Toto in the basket throughout...but ya can't have everything.  I am not a Mama Mia fan, I watched it the first time and left in 20 minutes, watched the second time all the way through, that's enough for me.  Not a Cats fan either, but love real cats!...but it takes all kinds to make an interesting world, no problemo.

I also didn't care to much for the guy controlling Toto. With all the money amd technology they used, I don't see why they couldn't have used a remote controlled dog or something.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Maybe y'all were sitting near us. I didn't pay attention to who was taking the pictures, but the phone screens were somewhat noticeable.

I was joking thus the one pic post.   😅 

We were on the same side as you sitting in the last row.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also didn't care to much for the guy controlling Toto. With all the money amd technology they used, I don't see why they couldn't have used a remote controlled dog or something.

I was thinking the same.  A remote controlled dog.  

They had a lot of other great tech.  

• Like 3

They really like to recycle their comedians.. Al Romas and Simeon Kirkiles were on the 50th Birthday cruise back in 2019.  I've also seen Al on Odyssey and Oasis.. 

• Like 1

We are laying out on Deck 17, Cloud 17.  The breeze is so nice and the music being played across the ship on deck 16 is the perfect volume.   So  nice!

20240129_140700.thumb.jpg.c3716ae09aa627e1c62977fe91efd8b6.jpg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Add pic
  • Like 18

Looks like the CHOGS are out in full force on the Hideaway..... More towels in chairs than people....SMH. I'm gonna pretend they're all in the pool but we know they aren't.

Can someone tell me the hours of the pools?  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

All right, I am going to come right out and say it. Why Wizard of Oz? Seriously we love big productions and Broadway quality but this is an old show I have seen so many times. In other words (cough!) boring!  And if I’m honest, I don’t really love it anyway. I guess you have the option for some stunning visuals with the backgrounds but otherwise I would probably skip it, and we never skip the entertainment and particularly appreciate RCI quality in this area.

As if we needed any further proof that RCI is now chasing the "family" demographic and ignoring adults... from Chicago and Mamma Mia to this!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

As if we needed any further proof that RCI is now chasing the "family" demographic and ignoring adults... from Chicago and Mamma Mia to this!

They are responding to an aging customer base more of whom are now with kids in tow. Icon will effectively be a Disney cruise on school breaks and summer vacations. The choice of shows, venues, and the waterpark reflect that reality. The Celebrity brand is the place for couples. Just the reality of the industry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1