Ouch! Millennium specialty restaurants - No Murano

zitsky

OK so I'm not a frequent cruiser like some of you.  This is not a serious complaint because we are in the Retreat.  But we were just on the Eclipse and enjoyed Murano a few times and Tuscan twice.  I didn't realize the Millie, which we will be on in a year, is more limited?  The only "real" specialty restaurant is Tuscan?  I wish there was more variety.  If they do the Chef's Table, I suppose it is in Tuscan?

I was recently reading about Olympic which, I guess, is why I feel a bit let down about only having Tuscan as an option to Luminae.

😭 😭 😭

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OK so I'm not a frequent cruiser like some of you.  This is not a serious complaint because we are in the Retreat.  But we were just on the Eclipse and enjoyed Murano a few times and Tuscan twice.  I didn't realize the Millie, which we will be on in a year, is more limited?  The only "real" specialty restaurant is Tuscan?  I wish there was more variety.  If they do the Chef's Table, I suppose it is in Tuscan?

I was recently reading about Olympic which, I guess, is why I feel a bit let down about only having Tuscan as an option to Luminae.

😭 😭 😭

You forgot about Sushi on Five and Qusine, where Le Petit Chef is done. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes, correct.  IMHO, I do not consider those specialty restaurants along the line of Tuscan, Murano, etc.  I've eaten at Sushi on Five, very underwhelming, and the squeaky voices from the LPC demo outside Blu on Eclipse was really annoying after about 30 seconds.

I worked with a company called Reactrix in the 90s that did LPC-like animations.  It's a cool idea but I'm just not too excited about it on the ship.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 3

Tuscan Grille has a good size menu. I had wonderful dining experiences there while on the Connie [photo album]. I understand your concern regarding the lack of options, but I'd focus on the quality of the food and service, rather than the quantity of restaurants.

35 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I thought Le Petit Chef and sushi on five were far superior to Tuscan on the summit, the chicken parmigiana was terrible, next time we will stick with a steak.

• Like 3

We have abandoned specialty dining on the M-class ships ever since they removed the Ocean Liners/Murano type restaurants from those ships. IMHO Tuscan is like a slightly above average chain restaurant that is neither true Italian nor a real steakhouse. LPC is not for us unless we were dining with our young grandchildren (and at this point they are too old to be wowed by it). DH doesn't care for sushi.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mahasamatman said:

You won't enjoy it, especially since you're from Texas. They're masters of overcooking.

But it has to be better than their Italian food, only thing I really like there is there antipasto. As discussed limited choices, definitely not worth paying for but we get it free since we have a upper suite, I would pay for Le Petit Chef or Sushi if needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Perhaps you still have time to change to a ship more to your liking

I'm in the Retreat.  I'll survive.  We were pretty happy with the Eclipse, overall.  But I can't comment on the restaurant choices?

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

But it has to be better than their Italian food, only thing I really like there is there antipasto. As discussed limited choices, definitely not worth paying for but we get it free since we have a upper suite, I would pay for Le Petit Chef or Sushi if needed.

I found all of Tuscan Grill's pastas to be very good, except for the short rib pappardelle ragu which is off the charts good. When we go, we order quarter portions of the pastas to try them all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We really enjoyed Luminae on Millie. We also ate at Blu a few times and enjoyed that too.  Le Petite  Chef was a one-and-done for us; I'd prefer they put something else in that (lovely) space.  We loved Sushi on 5....but then again we love sushi and (pan-Asian cuisine in general).  We ate at Tuscan 3x the last time we were on Millie and honestly....should have stayed at Luminae.  It was fine, but not as good as Fine Cut on the Edge (IMHO).  One more specialty restaurant, even a small one would be great on M Class...but alas, doesn't exist. For a week it's fine, though I could see it getting more monotonous for B2B trips.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

We really enjoyed Luminae on Millie. We also ate at Blu a few times and enjoyed that too.  Le Petite  Chef was a one-and-done for us; I'd prefer they put something else in that (lovely) space.  We loved Sushi on 5....but then again we love sushi and (pan-Asian cuisine in general).  We ate at Tuscan 3x the last time we were on Millie and honestly....should have stayed at Luminae.  It was fine, but not as good as Fine Cut on the Edge (IMHO).  One more specialty restaurant, even a small one would be great on M Class...but alas, doesn't exist. For a week it's fine, though I could see it getting more monotonous for B2B trips.  

That Class of ship, which is more or less 90,000 tons, has about the same amount of specialty restaurants no matter what cruiseline you choose. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I am Surprised you didn’t research your dinner option before you booked your cruise 

Why?  Is there something wrong with Luminae?

On our last Millennium cruise, 15 days, we ate once at Tuscan Grill.  It was okay but found the food in Luminae more to our liking.  We'll try Tuscan again on our upcoming Millennium cruise just because of the amount of OBC we have to spend. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DingoMom said:

Eclipse is an S-Class ship. Millennium is an M-Class ship, which is an older class. Much smaller and not as many venues.

Yes, but the S-class ships used to have Murano (or whatever it was that morphed into Murano).

I wish they had left it.

53 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Read the title of this read 

Does being in the Retreat mean that I can’t ask questions about the ship?  I booked it for the Retreat.  And for that specific itinerary.

I said it’s unfortunate that it didn’t have more specialty choices.  Not that I was under my bed crying about it.

Maybe they’ll have Chef’s Table in Tuscan.  Murano never made me a banana split like Luminae did.

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maybe they’ll have Chef’s Table in Tuscan.  Murano never made me a banana split like Luminae did.

They do.  Several times per cruise.

We did Tuscan last cruise for 6 out of 11 times and we were not fans of it.  We should have done Blu more ...  We did Chefs table once and it was good.  It is a bit expensive when you add in the wine pairing...

Regarding LPC they should turn it into a Muranos or put QSine back.  Sushi on 5 is rather good.

Edited by NMTraveller

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

😭 😭 😭

It is a huge pity that Olympic Restaurant is long gone.  You would have been very impressed.

• Like 1