Intense Show in Aqua Theater

We are on the Wonder and we're very disappointed with Intense

We have seen the diving shows on both the Oasis and Allure.  They were topnotch shows.  The Intense show featured no diving and just a lot of loud music with dancing.  Why even bother to have it outside?  They could have had it in the RoyalnTheater. Also, these shows typically run 45 minutes.  This one barely made it to 35.

We also saw inTENse last night and were somewhat disappointed. It was the “modified” version because of the weather, which turned out to be no swimming or diving. That is why the show was so short. But… this afternoon we were on the Boardwalk and heard the music from inTENse. I left my SO at the Dog House and went to check it out. They were practicing for the show, and the practice included diving, aerialists, trampolines, and synchronized swimming. I don’t know if it was the group that is leaving the ship Sinday after eight months, or the new group. Possibly both?  In any case, it was so enjoyable to watch and made up for last night. 

It is possible they will be practicing again tomorrow while we are at Coco Cay.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, memphocruiser said:

We are on the Wonder and we're very disappointed with Intense

We have seen the diving shows on both the Oasis and Allure.  They were topnotch shows.  The Intense show featured no diving and just a lot of loud music with dancing.  Why even bother to have it outside?  They could have had it in the RoyalnTheater. Also, these shows typically run 45 minutes.  This one barely made it to 35.

Yep, it gets mixed reviews for just this reason... more dancing than diving. I prefer more diving myself but I thought it was fine. On the plus side, Wonder's ice show is my favorite of all that I've seen.

• Like 2

When we were on Wonder in October, we went to Intense the first night and it was amazing-high wire, diving, etc.  We liked it so much we went back a couple nights later and it was the shortened version because of wind.  It was still great, but no high diving and no high wire.  Royal cannot control the weather.  

• Like 1

We were on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago, and it was cancelled at least 3 times, maybe more. Perhaps the shortened version is to avoid complete cancellation. We did not end up seeing it. 

1 hour ago, budmeister said:

We were on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago, and it was cancelled at least 3 times, maybe more. Perhaps the shortened version is to avoid complete cancellation. We did not end up seeing it. 

A very plausible explanation. The show is extremely complex (and loud). There was one cruise on the Oasis in September 2022 that had the show shutdown. All kinds of rumors about sickness or performer problems. I was on that cruise and saw many actions concerning the Aqua Theater each and everyday as I walked about on deck 5.

The end result was hydraulic fluid from the jumping platforms in the waters contaminating the visibility in the water. The safety divers who make sure all of the divers are safe could not see.

They stopped all performances. Drained the area as they repaired the hydraulics and filtering mechanisms in the pool.

I missed it in 2022 but saw it in 2023.

Worth waiting for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Lol I completely misinterpreted your subject line.

Me too!  I anticipated a high-dive gone bad.  Glad everyone was just safely dancing. LOL

Teddie

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, it gets mixed reviews for just this reason... more dancing than diving.

Our same reaction on Oasis.  They've increase the dance numbers and decreased the diving.  The "dancing"  was disappointing as well... loud music and dancers kicking and splashing water.

We're on Wonder for the second leg of our b2b. It absolutely has diving when it's not dangerous for the performers. We saw it on the first leg and it was great. The modify it for the wind and waves we had this week.  The OP obviously doesn't pay attention to announcements. It's amazing what you learn when you do. A pet peeve of mine is people who talk through the announcements so no one else can hear and then they are the first to complain about what they don't know.

• Like 1