Changes to Aqua class perks on Celebrity Infinity 2024

light&bright

Hi. I am going on Infinity in February in Aqua class and have read several blogs about various perks being cut since last year.
I have stayed in Aqua class before and we had priority embarkation and disembarkation but I haven’t seen that listed on the Celebrity website. Also there is no mention of afternoon canapés, can you still get these?

I know we still have access to Blu and the Persian Spa and it looks like we now get some free classes too. Also I’ve noted that everyone except suite guests now need to pay a service charge plus gratuities for room service except for continental breakfast. 
Thanks to anyone who can answer this who has been on Infinity in Aqua class recently. 

There is no longer priority embarkation, except for suite guests and Zenith.  Now when you do online check in you select arrival time.  This changed after Covid and has made for a much smoother process.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, light&bright said:

Hi. I am going on Infinity in February in Aqua class and have read several blogs about various perks being cut since last year.
I have stayed in Aqua class before and we had priority embarkation and disembarkation but I haven’t seen that listed on the Celebrity website.

Since the restart the process for arriving at the terminal and then boarding the ship has changed. When you do your online check-in, you choose a time to arrive.  You won’t see different queues in the terminal for Aqua, Concierge, Elite any more

Assuming the breakfast room service menu is the same as the Constellation, there has been a change.

Selections for the complimentary continental breakfast have been reduced. With no granola or smoothies, the menu looks a lot more like the standard room service menu. As for the canapes, we weren't offered, and we didn't ask for them. 

On the plus side, if you take any specialized exercise classes in the gym, be sure to get your complimentary class for Aqua. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, light&bright said:

Thanks for your replies. I will ask about the canapés when we get on board and see what they say. Does anyone know how many classes are complimentary in Aqua?

Interested in the answer to this question also.  Thanks

Cheers

canapes changed last year. Laura Beth Hodges said  have to ask, which we did and answer was a firm no.

Carafe of Herbal tea no longer delivered every day to Aqua

Continental breakfast room service free but if you order anything else it was a $9.95 + 20% gratuity charge. 

• Like 1

The Persian Gardens on the M class isn’t the same as what is on the S or E class.    There aren’t any heated loungers.  It is a bench along a wall like a church pew.  Can fit 4 socially.  6 gets a little uncomfortable.  Went twice out of many cruises in AQ, never went back.  Like sitting in a cave.  

Blu is the main amenity of AQ on the M class.  Blu is open for breakfast, and dinner every day.     Those cabins. and concierge are larger than a regular veranda on the M class.   You also get 2 more CC points/day.  

Priorities were always a joke.   Everyone had one, either by status or cabin category.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

Our only foray into the heated lounge relaxation area was shared with a guy who snored so loudly it was extremely unpleasant to everyone else. We walked  out and never returned. Sleeping on backs is a sure way to initiate snoring. 

We’ve been in Aqua twice and didn’t know about the breakfast until the last day. 😱

40 minutes ago, miched said:

The Persian Gardens on the M class isn’t the same as what is on the S or E class.    There aren’t any heated loungers.  It is a bench along a wall like a church pew.  Can fit 4 socially.  6 gets a little uncomfortable.  Went twice out of many cruises in AQ, never went back.  Like sitting in a cave.  

I really did not miss the heated loungers on M.  I enjoyed M  class Persian Gardens much more than on E class.  E class was too busy.  M class was chill...  S class has the heated loungers and not as busy as E class.

Edited by NMTraveller

15 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I really did not miss the heated loungers on M.  I enjoyed M  class Persian Gardens much more than on E class.  E class was too busy.  M class was chill...  S class has the heated loungers and not as busy as E class.

I like the S class the best.   On the E class the loungers weren’t comfortable and difficult to get into and out of.  I am very flexible an have a BMI of 22.1, and 5 ft 10 for  reference.  The rooms were also useless.  Sitting in a room with a salt block, or crystal?  Tried the shower tunnel and not a fan.  Went there 2 times during 28 days.  Found it like a lot of seating on the E class, made for design and not for comfort.  

if the E class was was too busy I guess many really liked it.   We all have different bodies and likes.  Never know unless you try.   As Yogi said. “Nobody goes there anymore because it is too crowded”. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

45 minutes ago, miched said:

if the E class was was too busy I guess many really liked it.   We all have different bodies and likes.  Never know unless you try.   As Yogi said. “Nobody goes there anymore because it is too crowded”. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It must be the crystals ... 🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 3:30 AM, light&bright said:

Thanks for your replies. I will ask about the canapés when we get on board and see what they say. Does anyone know how many classes are complimentary in Aqua?

Have just done a S2S on the Solstice followed by the Millennium finishing on Sunday and both were in Aqua.
I can confirm that no canapes were offered for either cruise.

We have never enjoyed the canapes and are happy that they are not cluttering up our space. If we are sitting on our balcony in the afternoon we find it easy to just slip up to buffet and bring something fresher and more appetizing back to our room. On Ascent in December in Cafe Albacio in the afternoon there were lovely fresh mini buns with fillings … ham and cheeses, salmon, or veggie varieties. For those with concerns the display case is kept cool and the bites are fresh.