MERGED: Queen Mary 2 world voyage 2024 Itinerary Change

tjunmin

Just been informed by  our TA that the QM2 is now NOT rouiting through the Red Sea in April. We are on the Singapore to Dubai leg. Notsure what is happening after Singapore. Any further updates anyone? They will let us know by 7 Feb s to what is happening

I am on the Sydney to Dubai part. Now I get and extra 7 days and get off in Cape Town. Will be doing the extra, already talked to my boss saying I need an extra week off. LOL

Just have to change my flight home

• Like 7

I see it says in the Notice from Cunard posted earlier that

"We really hope you choose to continue to with Cunard Vacation".

Has a cancellation and rebook option been offered as the Queen Anne is doing the same cruise next year from Singapore via Dubai to Southampton?  

Edited by KJR999
corrections

30 minutes ago, NE John said:

20 sea days in this voyage. That’s a lot of time to fill. 

Fortunately that's not too many more sea days than the original itinerary from Colombo to Southampton. I count 18 sea days on that original itinerary; 19 if you count the Suez Canal transit as a sea day.

It's probably the repetition of Port Louis, Durban, Cape Town and Walvis Bay on this return leg that would concern me more if I were doing the full world voyage. But Cunard likely didn't have a lot of options in that regard.

On the positive side, this new itinerary is adding a call to Lisbon (and Las Palmas). That makes up for the canceled call to Lisbon that was originally scheduled as the first port of call on the world voyage after Southampton.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, NE John said:

20 sea days in this voyage. That’s a lot of time to fill. 

Luckily the ship has a very good library. I think it sounds pretty blissful, providing the weather is calm, though I can see it’s a huge disappointment for those wishing to visit the Med. ports.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Thank you for sharing the information, will you stick with the new itinerary?

I'll stick with the new itinerary. I've not cruise around Africa yet, so I'm fine with the new itinerary.

For passengers considering cancelling, the email notification I received did not provide any additional information; the only language in that regard asked passengers to contact their TA or call Cunard if booked directly. Please keep in mind I'm in Canada, and regulations might be different depending on your country of residency and governing laws.

Edited by tjunmin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Luckily the ship has a very good library. I think it sounds pretty blissful, providing the weather is calm, though I can see it’s a huge disappointment for those wishing to visit the Med. ports.

After doing TA’s in both directions, I’d also relish that time off on QM2. The library, Prom Deck, and overall calmness of the ship highly appeal to me. The Med can always be revisited. 
Having done the Caribbean and Med (while enjoying Cunard) these busy cruises with many port stops and now dealing with throngs from the mega-ships docking at the same time somewhat intimidates me. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NE John said:

After doing TA’s in both directions, I’d also relish that time off on QM2. The library, Prom Deck, and overall calmness of the ship highly appeal to me. The Med can always be revisited. 
Having done the Caribbean and Med (while enjoying Cunard) these busy cruises with many port stops and now dealing with throngs from the mega-ships docking at the same time somewhat intimidates me. 

Geography precludes it, but the ideal Med. cruise would have a sea day after every port day.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Geography precludes it, but the ideal Med. cruise would have a sea day after every port day.

My fears are not stopping me from going on QE to Alaska this summer.

In terms of the original topic, Good Luck to all on QM2 now. 

• Like 2

As an aside, here's a comparison of QM2's and QV's itineraries from Colombo to Southampton as QM2 basically follows QV around Africa one day later. Note QM2 and QV are now both scheduled to be in Cape Town on 12 April.

Date

QM2

QV

30-Mar-24

Colombo

31-Mar-24

Colombo

1-Apr-24

2-Apr-24

3-Apr-24

4-Apr-24

Port Louis

5-Apr-24

Port Louis

6-Apr-24

7-Apr-24

8-Apr-24

9-Apr-24

Durban

Port Elizabeth

10-Apr-24

11-Apr-24

Cape Town

12-Apr-24

Cape Town

Cape Town

13-Apr-24

Cape Town

14-Apr-24

Walvis Bay

15-Apr-24

Walvis Bay

16-Apr-24

17-Apr-24

18-Apr-24

19-Apr-24

20-Apr-24

21-Apr-24

22-Apr-24

23-Apr-24

Las Palmas

Tenerife

24-Apr-24

Funchal

25-Apr-24

Lisbon

26-Apr-24

27-Apr-24

28-Apr-24

Southampton

Southampton

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Our agents just forwarded new itinerary around Africa for QM2 without any reference for those who don’t want to go there

has anyone been offered a refund in full for not taking the compulsory option booked  QM2 Singapore to Southampton

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Is there any reason why they couldn't?

I've seen smaller ships that call at Cannes, Antibes, Nice and Monaco. At night they sail out to sea and go round in circles slowly until time for the next port. I'd have thought a big ship could sail very slowly to next port and save fuel. Unless it interferes with that water processing discussion there was a few months ago.

5 minutes ago, D&N said:

Is there any reason why they couldn't?

I've seen smaller ships that call at Cannes, Antibes, Nice and Monaco. At night they sail out to sea and go round in circles slowly until time for the next port. I'd have thought a big ship could sail very slowly to next port and save fuel. Unless it interferes with that water processing discussion there was a few months ago.

Obviously it is possible, but, allowing for getting there from Soton, you might only have three or four ports in fourteen days, which looks unattractive in brochures.

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Obviously it is possible, but, allowing for getting there from Soton, you might only have three or four ports in fourteen days, which looks unattractive in brochures.

Three or four too many for me. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1