Carnival Capers?

I haven't noticed it on recent cruises including an 8 day Eastern Caribbean, it's probably one of those things thats up to the cruise director. If anyone has seen it on a recent cruise, what was the itinerary?

• Like 1

Just now, DallasGuy75219 said:

I've been cruising too long. Before opening the link I was about to respond that the Carnival Capers is now called the Fun Times.

That one I knew....but I never knew about this mystery game. It sounds fun!

That's not it used to be called. I can't remember the original name or maybe it was called Clue back when Carnival had the Hasbro partnership. Anywho, I haven't see it on a ship since before covid. It was fun however.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

That's not it used to be called. I can't remember the original name or maybe it was called Clue back when Carnival had the Hasbro partnership. Anywho, I haven't see it on a ship since before covid. It was fun however.

It was definitely clue; we remember it from 2016.

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

I haven't noticed it on recent cruises including an 8 day Eastern Caribbean, it's probably one of those things thats up to the cruise director. If anyone has seen it on a recent cruise, what was the itinerary?

Carnival Paradise in September .6 day out of Tampa . We went to key West,grand Cayman and Montego bay. The fun times were put in the cabin on the first night for the next day ,after that I guess you had to hunt them down. I used the Hub app the whole cruise .it was not accurate but close enough . The white Hennessy sale was posted for several times and days for the cruise but when we went they were all out and didn't have the sale.we checked one other time with no results since they couldn't tell us if they were going to have any or not. Later my wife got some on Grand Cayman a few bucks cheaper than it would have been onboard anyway.

1 hour ago, scpirate said:

Carnival Paradise in September .6 day out of Tampa . We went to key West,grand Cayman and Montego bay. The fun times were put in the cabin on the first night for the next day ,after that I guess you had to hunt them down. I used the Hub app the whole cruise .it was not accurate but close enough . The white Hennessy sale was posted for several times and days for the cruise but when we went they were all out and didn't have the sale.we checked one other time with no results since they couldn't tell us if they were going to have any or not. Later my wife got some on Grand Cayman a few bucks cheaper than it would have been onboard anyway.

I am confused. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

44 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I am confused. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Paper copies of Fun Times (which are pretty much extinct) used to be called Carnival Capers. When I clicked on this thread, that’s actually what I thought the OP was talking about, too, because I’ve never heard of the Clue game being called that! 🤣 So, this response was from someone who also thought the OP was talking about the paper versions of Fun Times/Carnival Capers.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vandercapellen said:

No, it's a mystery game.

OP was talking about the mystery game.  @Essiesmom was discussing the old newsletter.  I was answering HER, not the OP.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I believe Carnival Capers reappear on Journeys cruises, possibly on the throwback day.  EM

I thought this sounded like it might be kinda fun, but after reading it again I'm not so sure.   Does it end up just being a drawing?  It doesn't even say one winner drawn from all CORRECT accusation slips.

. . . Carnival Caper has seven activities for the guests to attend/complete in order to gather all the clues to solve the mystery. Guests must discover who stole the painting, what tool they used to break into the cargo hold and what location they shipped the painting to. Guests will then enter their accusation slips into a box where one winner will be drawn during The Big Reveal event.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

We saw the Caper thing on our second, maybe third, day aboard listed in the fun times. This was the Spirit to Alaska Aug 2022. We said hey that seems cool, and went to the library. There was absolutely no event happening or fun squad to be seen. I asked about it at guest services and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, even when I showed them the hub app. They actually sent me to the kids club! Later I discovered we had missed the debrief event the day before, and that what we saw in the fun times was just an opportunity to pick up the next clue. It was such a let down to have not been able to participate. So if it's something you are interested in doing, be sure to keep a lookout for it from the first day. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, carohs said:

We saw the Caper thing on our second, maybe third, day aboard listed in the fun times. This was the Spirit to Alaska Aug 2022. We said hey that seems cool, and went to the library. There was absolutely no event happening or fun squad to be seen. I asked about it at guest services and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, even when I showed them the hub app. They actually sent me to the kids club! Later I discovered we had missed the debrief event the day before, and that what we saw in the fun times was just an opportunity to pick up the next clue. It was such a let down to have not been able to participate. So if it's something you are interested in doing, be sure to keep a lookout for it from the first day. 

That is good information. I would have never guessed it is a self guided activity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carohs said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep a look out.

• Like 1