Choosing check in time on app.

OK, pardon the newbie question but my check in opens tonight at midnight and my OCD is kicking in.

I watched several videos on this and it looks to be very simple and straightforward.

I want to select the earliest time possible and then go to bed and finish up in the morning. Once I choose my time and hit submit, is that it? Nothing else to save at that point?

I have nightmares about staying up late, grabbing the time I wanted and then waking up to see it's not saved because I missed a step. 🙃

I haven't cruised since 2018 so I might just be a little excited about this trip! 🍸

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lakelife4me said:

I want to select the earliest time possible and then go to bed and finish up in the morning. Once I choose my time and hit submit, is that it? Nothing else to save at that point?

Yep, that's it. Just make sure you choose a time for everyone in your party (unless you're solo obviously). You have to go person-by-person. Also, be aware that it often doesn't open exactly at midnight, so don't freak out, just keep checking. It could be 12:03 or 12:07.

Coincidentally, I have a check-in tonight myself. Happy hunting!

• Like 3

TY Mike! I though you said you were on this one as well.

So great point on the rest of the party. I was going to check both my wife and me on my app rather than her trying to check in separately on her phone. Sounds like that is the way to go. Not that she would but could she have checked in separately from her phone?

5 minutes ago, Lakelife4me said:

TY Mike! I though you said you were on this one as well.

So great point on the rest of the party. I was going to check both my wife and me on my app rather than her trying to check in separately on her phone. Sounds like that is the way to go. Not that she would but could she have checked in separately from her phone?

Oh, right, you're on Wonder with me, lol... sorry, I'm not all there at the moment.

Yes, either of you can check-in and enter/edit yours and each other's info.

One other thing that's been mentioned here recently, "midnight" is 12AM in your cruise departure port time zone, not your local time zone (unless you live in the same time zone as your departure port). 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oh, right, you're on Wonder with me, lol... sorry, I'm not all there at the moment.

Yes, either of you can check-in and enter/edit yours and each other's info.

TY again Mike!

• Like 1

Did they change things back?  When I checked in for our cruises in December and January, it wouldn’t let me select the tab to select boarding times until I completed all the other info.  Before, you could go right to those tabs without entering passport data, etc. (this was using the app)

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Did they change things back?  When I checked in for our cruises in December and January, it wouldn’t let me select the tab to select boarding times until I completed all the other info.  Before, you could go right to those tabs without entering passport data, etc. (this was using the app)

This is the first time I've read anything about things changing. Last time I checked in was in was September for a late October cruise and it was business as usual.

Others at another popular blog forum reported grabbing their check-in time via the app as recently as 2 nights ago and doing the rest later.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Do you still need a credit card number for all passengers?

What about face photos?

Do all of the above need to be added at the same time as selecting a check in time or can you do the check in time and come back a few days later and supply the rest?

Thanks

Edit: Think SmokeyBandit above confirms second paragraph...

Edited by Monk86

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This is the first time I've read anything about things changing. Last time I checked in was in was September for a late October cruise and it was business as usual.

Maybe it was a glitch for those two.  I hope it is back to normal.  Next one I have seven to check in, and don’t really want to have to enter everything at once. 

• Like 1

My recent experience with checking in.   
We are travelling with friends, and our reservations are linked.   Both of us moms were on the phone app at midnight waiting for check-in to open.  She got in first, and checked in for just her family.   At that point I was unable to use the app, I forget what the error message was.   
I had all our info next to my computer, so I did the full check-in there and still got the 10:30am arrival time.  

3 hours ago, Lakelife4me said:

You can do that, but completing the check-in will only take about 5 minutes -- assuming you have your information together -- why not just finish the job and be done with it?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You can do that, but completing the check-in will only take about 5 minutes -- assuming you have your information together -- why not just finish the job and be done with it?  

Because, as stated, many people want to click a few buttons and go to sleep shortly after midnight. If you want to fill everything in at that time, go for it. It's just personal preference.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, that's it. Just make sure you choose a time for everyone in your party (unless you're solo obviously). You have to go person-by-person. Also, be aware that it often doesn't open exactly at midnight, so don't freak out, just keep checking. It could be 12:03 or 12:07.

Coincidentally, I have a check-in tonight myself. Happy hunting!

If they are all under my reservation do I just hit a select all button or do they all need to have their own logins?

28 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

If they are all under my reservation do I just hit a select all button or do they all need to have their own logins?

Everyone in your party will show up in the check-in section. You just go down the list. It will be pretty obvious when you see it. Each person will have a few sections under their name for different categories of info. You just need to go into the arrival time section for each person and choose a time.

Edited by OCSC Mike

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have cruised on RCI 1-2 times a month every month since March 2022. On every cruise without exception I was able to select a check-in time on the app without entering any other information. Actually my to do list for tomorrow includes entering the rest of the information on the app for our cruise on Icon this Saturday. Just an FYI, you select a check-in time on the app, not a boarding time. 

If you are on cruise when checking in I recommend using website to do so, as application won’t allow it. It will give some silly message like “Check in has checked out” or something. Happened to us several times. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everyone in your party will show up in the check-in section. You just go down the list. It will be pretty obvious when you see it. Each person will have a few sections under their name for different categories of info. You just need to go into the arrival time section for each person and choose a time.

This is probably a really dumb question but if you have several people to check in, what if after you check in the first person that time slot vanishes and you have to select a different one? Would they still let you all check in at once?

Seems weird you don't just choose a time per cabin. 

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Because, as stated, many people want to click a few buttons and go to sleep shortly after midnight. If you want to fill everything in at that time, go for it. It's just personal preference.

I wanted to make sure the OP didn't think check-in was a lengthy thing that'd take an hour.  

17 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

If you're in the same room -- or if your ressies are "linked" --  you 'll be able to see each person's information and will be able to check in for them.  

Also, after you've entered the first person, the computer'll start asking you for some questions, "Is this the same as First Cruiser?"  For example, it'll allow you to just say "Yes, same as the First Cruiser" for the credit card number.  

38 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

This is probably a really dumb question but if you have several people to check in, what if after you check in the first person that time slot vanishes and you have to select a different one? Would they still let you all check in at once?

Seems weird you don't just choose a time per cabin. 

It's unlikely you'd get different times and equally unlikely if you showed up with slots 30 min apart that they would care. Short answer... I wouldn't sweat it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 11:07 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have cruised on RCI 1-2 times a month every month since March 2022. On every cruise without exception I was able to select a check-in time on the app without entering any other information. Actually my to do list for tomorrow includes entering the rest of the information on the app for our cruise on Icon this Saturday. Just an FYI, you select a check-in time on the app, not a boarding time. 

What is the difference between check-in time and boarding time?

7 minutes ago, ChelleDean said:

What is the difference between check-in time and boarding time?

You don’t get a board time when fill out the info online. But if you are one of the earliest  check in times, there may a slight wait before you board. But if you choose a check in time after the ship has started boarding, you will walk right on. 

Quick update...check in opened up on my phone at 12:04. I was able to get the 10:30 check in time and I went ahead and finished the rest of the process, except of course the health questionnaire. I believe that gets completed the day before boarding.

Whole thing took less than 10 minutes for my wife and myself. 

VERY simple...now I know what I didn't know! 😁🥂

As a side note, my wife belongs to a facebook group for our cruise and some were saying the earliest check in time they could get was 12. They were using the app at 12:15 so those early slots go fast!

• Like 4

Something I've noticed on our upcoming booking is that there is a one day discrepancy between the app and the web site as to check-in availability (the app has the earlier date). Anyone else noticed this and if so (and you did check-in already), which date was correct?