Brilliance of the Seas

Husband and I just booked Brilliance from Southampton in 2025.  This is our first sailing as diamond and I was trying to find the Diamond Lounge on the deck plans buy I seem to be missing it.  Does BotS have one?    I ask because I have heard that there is a nice coffee maker there and hubby loves coffee.  Thank you in advance.

9 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

Husband and I just booked Brilliance from Southampton in 2025.  This is our first sailing as diamond and I was trying to find the Diamond Lounge on the deck plans buy I seem to be missing it.  Does BotS have one?    I ask because I have heard that there is a nice coffee maker there and hubby loves coffee.  Thank you in advance.

Deck 13.  No longer called Diamond Lounge; it’s now Crown Lounge.

• Thanks 1

The Radiance class ships are all up by the Viking Crown Lounge. Most on the Voyager and Freedom class are up there as well (Voyager & Navigator moved to lower decks). The only good ones left in my opinion!!

• Thanks 1

As previously mentioned, there is no longer a Diamond Lounge. Also keep in mind there is a chance you won’t be allowed in the Crown Lounge since you are a Diamond. It varies from cruise to cruise, but it’s possible the Crown Lounge will be limited to Diamond Plus and above for the daily happy hour or if the ship has a lot of Diamond Plus passengers and above, Diamonds may not be allowed in the Crown Lounge for the entire cruise. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As previously mentioned, there is no longer a Diamond Lounge. Also keep in mind there is a chance you won’t be allowed in the Crown Lounge since you are a Diamond. It varies from cruise to cruise, but it’s possible the Crown Lounge will be limited to Diamond Plus and above for the daily happy hour or if the ship has a lot of Diamond Plus passengers and above, Diamonds may not be allowed in the Crown Lounge for the entire cruise. 

That's disappointing.   Not even just to get coffee?  We were so excited to be diamond finally.  😞

1 minute ago, ChollaChick said:

That's disappointing.   Not even just to get coffee?  We were so excited to be diamond finally.  😞

The Diamond exclusion, if applicable, is normally only during Happy Hour (usually 5 - 8 PM).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

The Diamond exclusion, if applicable, is normally only during Happy Hour (usually 5 - 8 PM).

Oh thats fine.  We don't intend to do the happy hour and will just use the vouchers at the bars on the ship.  Thank you for the clarification. 

1 hour ago, ChollaChick said:

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Another_Critic is correct, it is Happy Hour you might not be able to attend, but you can get your 4 drinks each 24 hour period anywhere else.  Coffee should be no issue unless wanted during Happy Hour.  

If there are a lot of D, D+ and Pinnacles on your cruise, they might put a free regular size coffee per day on your card for use at Latitudes.  We did not get the notification from Royal that they had done it, but the crew member at the register asked me if I wanted to use it when I went for coffee (which was very nice of him).  The coffee from the machine in the Crown Lounge is drinkable, but Latitudes in my opinion is better, again this is my opinion only, but I drink Starbucks coffee.  There are a lot of people that do not like it.  They do not always do this, so it wouldn't hurt to ask if you are interested.

@2chiefs is also correct, great views from the lounge.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

I’m on Brilliance now. The lounge is a sad forgotten affair, small and cramped. No outdoor space. But I like the coffee machine in the lounge. 

That's about all we would want it for.  Would be nice to get a cup and sit in the Viking Crown during the day to gaze at the ocean.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

I’m on Brilliance now. The lounge is a sad forgotten affair, small and cramped. No outdoor space. But I like the coffee machine in the lounge. 

The suite lounge has outdoor seating.  You can also, if I remember right, go out the door of the VC lounge, and your find seats just down the stairs.  Not as convenient, but easy to do.

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of the lounge on Brilliance. There are many nice places to share a drink, read a book or watch the waves. This isn’t one of them, for me. 

IMG_9404.jpeg

IMG_9405.jpeg

IMG_9393.jpeg

IMG_9392.jpeg

• Like 1

Love the Crown Lounge when its in Viking Crown at the top of the ship.  Love the views and easy to 'overflow' into the main VC if CL is busy.  

Best lounges in the fleet IMO. Better than buried down in the lower levels with no window or views. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Love the Crown Lounge when its in Viking Crown at the top of the ship.  Love the views and easy to 'overflow' into the main VC if CL is busy.  

Best lounges in the fleet IMO. Better than buried down in the lower levels with no window or views. 

Agree

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

9 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Agree

I agree also.