Retreat Privilege Package - New Guiding Document

8 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Not sure why people are so upset about this now.  It is not new, it has been around for quite a while, and also available to all suites. 

Agreed

11 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Not sure why people are so upset about this now.  It is not new, it has been around for quite a while, and also available to all suites.  It is very limited per sailing as well, so the chance that multiple suite guests would be able to purchase passes for people is not very likely.  A good use if traveling with family that is not in a suite - some of the larger suites have adjoining rooms that are non-suites.  If you book the larger suite, then you can book the adjoining room (example on Millennium, book a Royal + adjoining concierge).  If you put some family members in the concierge, then you could buy the pass for the retreat.

Exactly.  I've been one of the group members in the adjoining concierge C1 (they were in PH and adjoining SS).  I doubt my presence in Luminae impacted anyone else (I promise I did not scream, run around, or cry).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Not sure why people are so upset about this now.  It is not new, it has been around for quite a while, and also available to all suites.  It is very limited per sailing as well, so the chance that multiple suite guests would be able to purchase passes for people is not very likely.  A good use if traveling with family that is not in a suite - some of the larger suites have adjoining rooms that are non-suites.  If you book the larger suite, then you can book the adjoining room (example on Millennium, book a Royal + adjoining concierge).  If you put some family members in the concierge, then you could buy the pass for the retreat.

It's the unknown. Every reference I can find mentioning this in the past was initiated by an upper suite customer via the shoreside concierge not any suite. It's also different than the very few suites connected to non-suite cabins. If they start actively marketing this to all suites that could be a very different situation.

39 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Previously it was restricted to high end suites and limited to I believe 10.  Now apparently it is available to any suite, no idea of what the limit is, and they way they are scratching for every penny I can see this growing and growing. 

The Retreat facilities can get very crowded, particularly Luminae on E class ships and the Sun Deck on Edge and Apex. 

I think $100 pp pd is  too low for 2 adults without adding 2 children at no cost.  On E class ships the price difference between between Concierge & Aqua is between $70-94 per day, for Blu and some spa access.  IMHO, Luminae, access to the Lounge and  free drinks, the Sun Deck and priority boarding should cost more than $100 pp pd.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, miched said:

Fantastic.   I pay the outrageous price for a suite and now have to put up with unruly children and crying babies that have access for free in Luminae and in the retreat areas.  So much for a retreat area to get away from them and also their splashing in the pool.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

😂 how does this mean unruly children and crying babies will be in Luminae? Wow.

4 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Wait--you were offended by what one person said so in response you chose to offend everyone else on this thread (Retreat cruisers)?  Whatever happened to 'when they go low, we go high'?  Just sayin'.....

🥂

To be fair the post quoted did read very entitled and was slightly patronising. Just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

How long before a black market web site is set up to match Suite guests with any passengers that want Retreat access....for a fee?  Wait a minute, Celebrity will probably do that themselves, "Move Up bids and Retreat Connections"

Never.

8 hours ago, truckswain said:

So unruly children and crying babies are only with families who book non suite accommodations?  And the access is not free they pay a premium for the pass.

When I read comments like this I am glad celebrity is sticking it to the suite class.

sticking it to the suite nnhmmm. do i detect a green eyed monster?….     

• Like 1

we paid the price for Retreat.  Almost at the end of the cruise we spoke with a couple who were Retreat, but it was their first night eating there. Reason:  they were travelling with another couple who refused to pay the extra money for Retreat, so wanting to spend time with their friends, they ate in the MDR.

I ve said it before.. do a cost analysis on 2 couples travelling together. one books Retreat, one couple non suite.  Considering the difference between Retreat and balcony, or interior, much cheaper to pay $99/pp/day than both couples booking Retreat.  But they get the benefit.  And is there any reason why that is fair?     

15 hours ago, tfred said:

it sounds touching when it is an invite for the grandkids, but it isn't so warm when it is a bunch of boozy friends on the Retreat deck

I’ll be in The Retreat on my next cruise. I’ll be boozing, a lot. As will my friends. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingcole said:

I’ll be in The Retreat on my next cruise. I’ll be boozing, a lot. As will my friends. 

Which sailing like to be there boozing too 😎🥃🥃😂

When we travel with our sons and their families we book Balconies ( did Equinox in July , 3 balconies ) or we choose RC or Disney as it’s more  kid friendly. 

If it’s a family trip off course I want to eat with my children and grandchildren and we don’t have to have a suite so I know going in what type of cabin I’ll be booking. 

If you must have a suite and your friends/ family cannot do so , simple imo adjust to what they can afford , change lines or change cruise date. 

Purchasing the package makes sense for sure. I’d definitely factor it in next time, since many on this thread seem to feel it’s not an issue. 

With all the Retreat changes and promoting of various programs to upgrade one’s cruise experience in a regular cabin , do feel we paid a premium a year ago for very diluted product that we will receive next week. Will see if I rebook a suite on X , more likely will move down to Aqua if it’s an itinerary I really like. 

For now moving on to O, NCL and looking at SS.( price for Caribbean on Ray in 2025 is same as what we’re paying next week for Retreat ) 

Actually, I can see it now...chose any cabin/suite and be able to add on anything your little heart desires!  After all, Valentine’s Day is coming soon! *

*Remember to read the fine print and know that pricing continually changes, as do rules and regs, so what you see today may be different tomorrow, but that’s the chance you take!🫥

~Making Dreams Happen One Cruise at a Time😜

Edited by Lastdance

On 2/2/2024 at 5:28 PM, C4HCG said:

To be fair the post quoted did read very entitled and was slightly patronising. Just my opinion. 

Oh, no doubt about that--I completely disagreed with their comment as well (having often sailed in the Retreat with my kids)...but I don't think it's right to respond to one poster's comment by essentially saying  "I'm glad they're screwing over everyone in a suite". I mean...the sins of the one are not the sins of the many.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 2:19 PM, jelayne said:

Previously it was restricted to high end suites and limited to I believe 10.  Now apparently it is available to any suite, no idea of what the limit is, and they way they are scratching for every penny I can see this growing and growing. 

The Retreat facilities can get very crowded, particularly Luminae on E class ships and the Sun Deck on Edge and Apex. 

I think $100 pp pd is  too low for 2 adults without adding 2 children at no cost.  On E class ships the price difference between between Concierge & Aqua is between $70-94 per day, for Blu and some spa access.  IMHO, Luminae, access to the Lounge and  free drinks, the Sun Deck and priority boarding should cost more than $100 pp pd.  

I agree the price is too low without charging kids.  I asked about this when I was on Apex for a TA cruising in a sky suite sunset veranda and had the adjoining sunset veranda booked and it was available to purchase 1.5 years ago.  So maybe they make exceptions if it didn't sell out?

I'm glad we decided long ago, that spending that kind of money, was not for us.  10 grand for a week on E class to the Caribbean....Yeah no...There have become way too many issues within the Suite class to continue to justify, paying that cost...Like others have said, slowly getting worse.  As we don't spend much time in the cabin, we get a Prime Veranda.  Plenty of loungers on the regular decks..The sun is exactly the same...No wondering if I'm ever gonna see my butler worries. Cruise when kids are in school, solves that one.  Sounds again like not getting what you used to get, over n over n over.   Switch it up