LIVE from Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera from LA 2/3-2/10 2024

sonomaphil

9 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If you have a minute, let us know what time you embark and if it was difficult reserving a Sanctuary day. Thanks!

We're on the same sailing as the OP. We arrived at the pier around 9:30, boarded at 10:30 with the first group from the Elite lounge. We were literally the very first to reach the Sanctuary (for the first time ever ;o) and as usual found most of the best loungers long since booked by the B2Bers from the last sailing.  We wanted the Mazatlan day and the second sea day and surprisingly, lucked out. The Sanctuary Maitre'd had a very interesting way of accommodating us. What he did was to create two extra lounger spaces at  the forward edge of the Sanctuary right next to the hot tub and in shade. The area is usually just a few hundred square feet of empty space occupied by flower pots and other decoration, so they will move them for us and install two loungers.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We're on the same sailing as the OP. We arrived at the pier around 9:30, boarded at 10:30 with the first group from the Elite lounge. We were literally the very first to reach the Sanctuary (for the first time ever ;o) and as usual found most of the best loungers long since booked by the B2Bers from the last sailing.  We wanted the Mazatlan day and the second sea day and surprisingly, lucked out. The Sanctuary Maitre'd had a very interesting way of accommodating us. What he did was to create two extra lounger spaces at  the forward edge of the Sanctuary right next to the hot tub and in shade. The area is usually just a few hundred square feet of empty space occupied by flower pots and other decoration, so they will move them for us and install two loungers.

We got all day for Mazatlan but have a wait-list for the second sea day.  No issues with that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

We got all day for Mazatlan but have a wait-list for the second sea day.  No issues with that.  

I still think Princess should allow us to purchase the Sanctuary online like NCL does with the Vibe. Open it up at certain times based on status and let people book it. My opinion of course. 😏

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

Ummm.....

PXL_20240203_192123654.jpg

That happened on the Jan 13th Cruise I was on. I cannot remember on what day it happened but it was within the first couple days of the cruise.

Edited by hatchda
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We must have boarded at the same time as you!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

The best medallion holder IMHO.

PXL_20240203_154118379.PORTRAIT.jpg

Very curious about this as well. I was wondering about wearing extra stuff to hold my medallion, if I go next year. Attaching it to the watch seems easy enough.