PvP Weekend Bookings

BobAnne

Hi have a PVP who is very aggressive about doing bookings himself for the credits he earns.

I have found a cruise i want and am worried my cabin of choice will disappear by Monday. How do other people with PvPs deal with this issue? Do i book it myself? Or risk the very likely event of the cabin disappearing?

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm going to show my ignorance of this process!  Can the booking not be "transferred" to the PVP like with a TA?  Or do they literally have to be the one that "presses the buttons" to get credit?

This is what I’m not sure about. 😢

I have booked when I’ve seen a price I knew would disappear and then filled out the paperwork to transfer to my travel agent. I told my TA that would likely happen in the future because I’m always checking prices and she was fine with that. I would ask your PVP if that’s possible but if not, just book it. If my PVP isn’t going to guarantee they would make up the price difference, do what’s best for you, not them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm going to show my ignorance of this process!  Can the booking not be "transferred" to the PVP like with a TA?  Or do they literally have to be the one that "presses the buttons" to get credit?

PVP says she can't help me with the booking unless she either books it or takes the deposit. I used to book online for a three-day hold without deposit then call the PVP to deposit. As long as they deposit, they get credit. However, Princess is no longer allowing booking holds without deposit. Therefore I just book it myself. I am very particular about cabin choices. If the cabin I want is available, then I book it. If I wait a day, it probably won't be available.

• Like 1

I recently booked a cruise over the weekend and in speaking to my CVP that week, I explained what I had done and she told me that it was assigned to her.  Procedures seem to be changing so often that it’s hard to keep up but from what she mentioned to me, it was all fine and she got credit for the booking.  

• Like 4

I wish I knew what CVP get credit for. For example, because I always take the insurance,  it is cheaper for me to book Plus or Premium on board and I can use OBC for it. But if the CVP gets credit for that, I'd book it through her. 

9 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

PVP says she can't help me with the booking unless she either books it or takes the deposit.

That's so not true. The PVP that I use told me that he could "protect" the cabin that I chose, cancel and rebook for a lower price or to use a newly purchased Future Cruise Deposit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That's so not true. The PVP that I use told me that he could "protect" the cabin that I chose, cancel and rebook for a lower price or to use a newly purchased Future Cruise Deposit.

All I'm doing is repeating what the PVP told me. She told me she has either to book it or to deposit it to have it assigned to her, and she said she couldn't work the booking if it wasn't assigned to her.

It appears that different PVPs are giving different answers to the same question. Inconsistent answers from Princess. What a surprise🙂

4 hours ago, cjpj said:

I wish I knew what CVP get credit for. For example, because I always take the insurance,  it is cheaper for me to book Plus or Premium on board and I can use OBC for it. But if the CVP gets credit for that, I'd book it through her. 

Interesting. Do you get insurance through Princess? I use a company that you choose how much coverage you want & I never include items that are refundable if I don't go. Also, I didn't know you could add plus when you get on the ship

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Interesting. Do you get insurance through Princess? I use a company that you choose how much coverage you want & I never include items that are refundable if I don't go. Also, I didn't know you could add plus when you get on the ship

Yes, I'm Elite so I get the extra coverage for the price of basic. Also have Provincial Insuance (Canadian) and out of country insurance through work. And yes, you can buy Plus or Premium or upgrade from Plus to Premium on the first two days.

30 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Yes, I'm Elite so I get the extra coverage for the price of basic. Also have Provincial Insuance (Canadian) and out of country insurance through work. And yes, you can buy Plus or Premium or upgrade from Plus to Premium on the first two days.

Would they charge tax on the plus if you bought it in port before sail away (as some ports charge) ? Also, if you buy it he second day is it prorated?

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I was told if you call the regular phone line & mention PVP he will get credit

I tried this yesterday and the CS was very, very unhelpful stating there was nothing they could do to have it assigned to a PvP. When I asked for a manager she hung up on me. 😤 I did not have a great Princess experience yesterday trying to book a cruise and give them money.

53 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

I tried this yesterday and the CS was very, very unhelpful stating there was nothing they could do to have it assigned to a PvP. When I asked for a manager she hung up on me. 😤 I did not have a great Princess experience yesterday trying to book a cruise and give them money.

Wow, unbelievable!

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I was told if you call the regular phone line & mention PVP he will get credit

Why would you call the regular number and  mention PVP. Call your PVP.

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Would they charge tax on the plus if you bought it in port before sail away (as some ports charge) ? Also, if you buy it he second day is it prorated?

No tax if you buy it in port. In fact no tax if you order a drink using the package in port. And no, there is no prorating - so buy it.the first day. You do get $10 credit for Medallion shipping.

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2024 at 6:51 AM, NavyVeteran said:
On 2/4/2024 at 5:24 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

All I'm doing is repeating what the PVP told me. She told me she has either to book it or to deposit it to have it assigned to her, and she said she couldn't work the booking if it wasn't assigned to her.

It appears that different PVPs are giving different answers to the same question. Inconsistent answers from Princess. What a surprise🙂

Replace couldn't with won't work bookings they don't get credit for. Not at all a surprise that some don't want to work when they don't get credit