Bikes prohibited

I was browsing the NCL prohibited list last night and noticed bikes are now prohibited. Mike where are you, you are always cruising with one of your bikes. Is this a new rule? I don’t recall seeing it listed before.

2 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Interesting as one of the senior officers on the Spirit had his cycle with him and regularly used it.   One rule for them, one for us!!

Something I don't find odd at all! I'd say it's pretty common that employees has other sets of rules than guests/customers in workplaces.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Interesting as one of the senior officers on the Spirit had his cycle with him and regularly used it.   One rule for them, one for us!!

I think there’s probably rules for those people (crew) that actually live on the ship for six months, as opposed to someone (passengers) who may be just visiting for a week or two. And I’m also sure there are probably privileges that senior officers have over regular crew members as well as passengers. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Their are times when the hallways are clogged with scooters, I can't imagine bikes being there. I also can't imagine a bike fitting into a cabin. 

they are folding bikes that take up half the space of a regular bike

41 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

100%

Safety and keeping the cabins clean of dirt and oil is a priority. 

The crew have bikes to use in port and are stored (in this case in the crew gym) and taken down the crew gangway. 

image.png.a0101826618252e8db5ac7010f04b788.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoloAlaska said:

I was browsing the NCL prohibited list last night and noticed bikes are now prohibited. Mike where are you, you are always cruising with one of your bikes. Is this a new rule? I don’t recall seeing it listed before.

Item #24 for those wanting to check out the complete list:

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

😎

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

More surprising is "28: Fresh flowers" I know several people who take flowers onboard....... AND are provided with vases to keep them in!!!!

The flower restriction started last fall. NCL also stopped selling flower arrangement. And changed suite decorations to a pathetic succulent. 

IMG_1059.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

4 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Easily solved. Join the crew.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Well,if you live onboard for 4 to 6 months at a time, vice a 7 day customer, employees do have certain benefits.

• Like 1

Mentioned in a previous thread, regardless of how a bike is foldable, it’s still going to take up significant space in the cabin, getting it in and out of the cabin, out and in the hallways, through security. etc.

Crew have their own entrances and exits as well as storage facilities that don’t affect other guests.

I you want to bike at port, look into renting a bike!

Leaving my cabin, I just got the nicest comment from my Butler, Walter!

”Mr Daniel…I will miss you.  You are so laid back and a calm person…you’re not intense and demanding”!

Really?  Me?  You sure you don’t have me confused with someone else?

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:29 PM, Asawi said:

Something I don't find odd at all! I'd say it's pretty common that employees has other sets of rules than guests/customers in workplaces.

And their home!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:32 PM, SoloAlaska said:

Thank God they are not allowed.  Just what we need are bikes cluttering up the hallways and some dumb SOB getting drunk and trying to ride his bike on board!

• Like 1

I’m currently sailing on the NCL Sun.

Yes, bicycles now seem to be on the list of banned items with NCL. That’s unfortunate as I enjoyed them very much.

ya know, large batteries as a description are vague and are in most mobility scooters which are left overnight in the hallways.

strange how they added bicycles as (24) as if it’s also been policy and not to the end of the list.

Been brining a bike since 2018 with no injuries or complaints.

oh well, on to the next cruise line until something changes.

- WYB

uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000066C&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000066E&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000066B&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000066A&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg