Bringing beverages onboard

artvlay

From passage contract:

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.
Edited by philv
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, philv said:
  • From passage contract:

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

They have become very serious at port security about dumping any liquids in plastic bottles and any liquids in travel coffee cups, etc.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

On previous Princess cruises, I checked two 12-packs of CFDC by simply affixing a luggage tag to each. That’s no longer permitted?

What is CFDC?

1 minute ago, skynight said:

It is one bottle per person. You can try. Worst result is you are charged $20 corkage.

Thank you. The wine would be for my cabin. I was wondering if they’d say anything if they saw 2 bottles in my luggage at check in. 

13 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thank you. The wine would be for my cabin. I was wondering if they’d say anything if they saw 2 bottles in my luggage at check in. 

Try bringing two carry-ons, one bottle in each. I've done that in the past, successfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Try bringing two carry-ons, one bottle in each. I've done that in the past, successfully.

I wonder if I can say it’s for my cruise companion  who’s arriving separately. I’m not trying to break the rules, but I AM paying double fare just for myself. 

You can 'try' anything. A lot depends on who is checking at the conveyor. Double fare is not part of Princess' rules. It goes per person. As mentioned before what's the worst, $20 charge for corkage. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Most likely not since most people carry two bottles. If they say anything just tell them you husband will be boarding right behind you. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I wonder if I can say it’s for my cruise companion  who’s arriving separately. I’m not trying to break the rules, but I AM paying double fare just for myself. 

If they have the wine check in table, they ask for your cabin number and mark off what each person brings onboard.  I say ‘if’ for the wine table because we cruise an average of once a month and haven’t seen a wine table recently.  But, I guess that could all change.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

If they have the wine check in table, they ask for your cabin number and mark off what each person brings onboard.  I say ‘if’ for the wine table because we cruise an average of once a month and haven’t seen a wine table recently.  But, I guess that could all change.  

I’ve never heard of wine check in table. I cruise on CCL out of Manhattan. They just put my carry on thru the X-ray machine.  

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’ve never heard of wine check in table. I cruise on CCL out of Manhattan. They just put my carry on thru the X-ray machine.  

After you’ve gone through security, there was almost always a table they send you to if they see wine bottles in your carry on luggage.  You are charged your corkage for anything above two bottles you take onboard and they add a sticker to the additional bottles.  
like mentioned, it has been so crowded in the terminal lately, not sure if they are doing that at this time.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

After you’ve gone through security, there was almost always a table they send you to if they see wine bottles in your carry on luggage.  You are charged your corkage for anything above two bottles you take onboard and they add a sticker to the additional bottles.  
like mentioned, it has been so crowded in the terminal lately, not sure if they are doing that at this time.  

We have never stopped at the check in table, ever... and we frequently carry wine with us when boarding. 

No one has even blinked an eye when we walked by. 

I suspect with all the passengers buying into the packages there's less and less need for checking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MissP22 said:

We have never stopped at the check in table, ever... and we frequently carry wine with us when boarding. 

No one has even blinked an eye when we walked by. 

I suspect with all the passengers buying into the packages there's less and less need for checking. 

We never take any onboard anymore as it is so much easier to buy the package.  

• Like 1