Extra charge dinner items

M&T

2 hours ago, M&T said:

I think I read that to get more than one entree, it costs extra.  Is this true?  What about two desserts?  Thanks.  

No, you can get extra entrees. Lobster is only one. You can get multiple entrees, appetizers, desserts. 

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

As I understand the extra charge it's only for the second lobster

Not sure why anyone would want a second  wam water lobster and never mind paying extra for one.  

Edited by keesar
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, M&T said:

Thanks.  I’m glad to hear this.  My husband loves extra lamb chops.  

Many times when there's two entrees I like, especially if it's a pasta dish, I'll have an entree as a starter, then another entree as my main course. As in the photos below on the Ascent, I chose the Cyprus Restaurant specialty entree pasta as a starter and then the Branzino as my main course.PXL_20240118_231013607.thumb.jpg.7115d3c66f46dd795b8405d2e2634435.jpg

PXL_20240118_232820696.jpg

21 hours ago, gerelmx said:

As I understand the extra charge it's only for the second lobster

And that isn't always the case. On our October 2023 Eclipse cruise our waitstaff brought two extra tails without asking us. We graciously excepted. One tail each is always plenty. But two tails each, why not. We never get lobster at home.

Edited by doghog

When we sailed on the eclipse in November the waiter told us that they had purposefully made most of the mains smaller to reduce waste so if you want a second don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woody14 said:

When we sailed on the eclipse in November the waiter told us that they had purposefully made most of the mains smaller to reduce waste so if you want a second don't hesitate to ask.

Was the same on the Summit, as much as you want, never charged extra.

On our last cruise, when my husband expressed interest in a second lobster tail, the waiter explained that there was a charge for a second tail. He added that I could order a lobster tail in addition to my dinner and there would be no extra charge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

On our last cruise, when my husband expressed interest in a second lobster tail, the waiter explained that there was a charge for a second tail. He added that I could order a lobster tail in addition to my dinner and there would be no extra charge. 

On our Ascent cruise last month the app clearly indicated there would be a change for a second lobster tail entree.  

8 hours ago, Woody14 said:

the waiter told us that they had purposefully made most of the mains smaller to reduce waste

Not just reducing waste, but also (at least for me) reducing waist.

A lot of cruise lines have made this change. It's one we really appreciate, and one reason I lost weight on every cruise last year.

3 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Not just reducing waste, but also (at least for me) reducing waist.

A lot of cruise lines have made this change. It's one we really appreciate, and one reason I lost weight on every cruise last year.

Same here.  Lost weight on my last cruise.  They should have Weight Watchers as an advertiser… 😂