Vacation package offer….too good to be true?

jennmaybe

So, we all know that saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. So, that is why I am coming to my CC experts for their thoughts, opinions, or even experience.

I contacted Princess this morning to try and book a family suite for Australia/New Zealand for late 2025, early 2026. The representative began telling me about their vacation package offer. We have sailed Princess before but we have never been offered anything like this, so that’s why I need some expert advice here.

The package cost $6000. It offers $4500 in future cruise credit, $200 OBC and hotel of our choice up to 7 nights.  He advised me that I can book the package and then turn around and immediately call back, book the cruise and apply the $4500 to this cruise.  The total price for the family suite for the cruise I am looking at is $4462.  So, once I pay the $1500 down payment, the future cruise credit would cover the rest of the cruise. 🤔😳

Has anyone had experience with their packages and can advise me if this is truly legit or if there is something in there that I am not catching?

Thanks ya’ll in advance! 💖

That is per person or total for everyone in your party? Princess does have cruise+ land packages, so it's legit. Whether it's a better deal than booking each portion separately.... you need to very carefully read exactly what the details say, assuming nothing.

This has been discussed at length in MANY other threads here on CC.  *Some* people have gotten a good value/experience from this deal...there *seems* to be many more who have had issues...and even horror stories about trouble *after* having signed up.  The general consensus seems to be...don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

10 foot pole.jpg

• Like 4

That is the total for all 3 of us.

I am not looking to do a cruise and land package deal. I could care less about the 7 nights of hotel. I am more interested in paying $6000 and then getting $4500 credit.  

I did a search for vacation packages, but I cannot find anything related to this. Everything kept coming up about soda packages, alcohol, etc.. I really don’t have the time to go through 40 pages to search for something.  😜

17 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

I am not looking to do a cruise and land package deal. I could care less about the 7 nights of hotel. I am more interested in paying $6000 and then getting $4500 credit.  

It is a legitimate deal and offered through the new company that has taken over the future cruise consultants that are now working onboard.  
If you aren’t interested in the 7 nights hotel, then it really doesn’t sound like a deal to pay $6000 for $4500 dollars worth of credit.  
We flat out turned that down when contacted as we very rarely stay at hotels, although we cruise a lot.  I’ve read that it can only be redeemed for hotels of their choice, not of yours.  
Not a deal for us.  

41 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is a legitimate deal and offered through the new company that has taken over the future cruise consultants that are now working onboard.  
If you aren’t interested in the 7 nights hotel, then it really doesn’t sound like a deal to pay $6000 for $4500 dollars worth of credit.  
We flat out turned that down when contacted as we very rarely stay at hotels, although we cruise a lot.  I’ve read that it can only be redeemed for hotels of their choice, not of yours.  
Not a deal for us.  

So, booking a $6000 cruise and only paying $1500 is not a good deal?  That must be where I’m confused.  It sounds like a great deal.  Also, the rep advised the 7 nights is at a hotel of our choice.  Again, not worried about the 7 nights, but just wanted to add that in there.

56 minutes ago, memoak said:

Beware of what you wish for. If this too good to be true it probably isn’t 

Total pointless response. 😔. Also, where did you read that I said I wished for this?  

4 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

So, booking a $6000 cruise and only paying $1500 is not a good deal?  That must be where I’m confused.  It sounds like a great deal.  Also, the rep advised the 7 nights is at a hotel of our choice.  Again, not worried about the 7 nights, but just wanted to add that in there.

That is not my understanding that is how it works.  You pay $6000 for the package that includes $4500 in future cruise credits, $200 OBC and 7 nights hotel stay.  I believe it also gives you some credit to use on your hotel stay.  

If you never use the hotel stay you are still paying $6000 and it only provides you $4700 ($4500 in FCCs and $200 in OBC) for your actual cruise.  
If it truly was giving you $6000 in cruise credits for the cost of $1500, those packages would be flying off the shelf.  They are not! 

• Like 3

Guest Snaxmuppet

Like @Cruise Raider says... you pay $6000... and get $4500 of credit towards a cruise and $200 OBC. So you pay $6000 and get $4700 in cruise credits. That leaves you with $1300 for the 7-night hotel stay to just break even. I think it highly unlikely it is "any" hotel but if it is I am curious what the actual figure you are credited with towards it.

I have read a lot of people here that have considered this very difficult deal to come out of it up on the deal.

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

That is not my understanding that is how it works.  You pay $6000 for the package that includes $4500 in future cruise credits, $200 OBC and 7 nights hotel stay.  I believe it also gives you some credit to use on your hotel stay.  

If you never use the hotel stay you are still paying $6000 and it only provides you $4700 ($4500 in FCCs and $200 in OBC) for your actual cruise.  
If it truly was giving you $6000 in cruise credits for the cost of $1500, those packages would be flying off the shelf.  They are not! 

So, I get the package for $6000. The cruise I am looking at is $4462. If I use the $4500 credit for that cruise, is that not the same thing as just paying $1500 for the cruise?  

I apologize if I sound like an idiot here, but that is why I’m trying to figure this out.  🤪

5 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

So, I get the package for $6000. The cruise I am looking at is $4462. If I use the $4500 credit for that cruise, is that not the same thing as just paying $1500 for the cruise?  

I apologize if I sound like an idiot here, but that is why I’m trying to figure this out.  🤪

You give Princess $6000 for the package. They give you $4500 towards the cruise and $200 OBC. So now they have $1300 of your money for which you have received nothing. If you book the 7 days hotel, it might be in your favor, but since you don't want that, it isn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This has been discussed at length in MANY other threads here on CC.  *Some* people have gotten a good value/experience from this deal...there *seems* to be many more who have had issues...and even horror stories about trouble *after* having signed up.  The general consensus seems to be...don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

10 foot pole.jpg

Love it!

22 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

You are still out of pocket $6,000.  Princess is not giving you back any money, just letting you use your $6,000 to pay for the cruise in addition to the hotel.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, megfla said:

You are still out of pocket $6,000.  Princess is not giving you back any money, just letting you use your $6,000 to pay for the cruise in addition to the hotel.

Ok, so the rep said I only have to put 25% down, which would be $1500.  I would then have the $4500 credit.  Then he said I can call back and book the cruise.  Think I’ll sit on it some more.

Any-whoo…I think I’m good now.  Thanks everyone!!  

I booked the package and the future cruise credits and OBC were good but

when I looked at what you have to pay for the hotel nights AND 7 day stay it

didn't work out.  Of course you have a limited timeframe if you are doing 2 cruises.  I have put in for a refund.

2 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

I think he explained it wrong.

You give them $6000, they give you $200 OBC, $4500 “voucher”, and up to 7 nights in a hotel off their list (I’m sure it’s not “ 100% of your choice”.)

so they’re basically charging you $1300 for those hotel nights)

EDIT: I see you figured it out..the hotel nights were the “catch”

Edited by KarmaCruisers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jennmaybe said:

But, you are paying $6000 for the package when you can get the same cruise for $4462.  So no, you are $1500+ in the hole.  $1300+ when factoring in the OBC they also give you.  

• Like 1

I was on Island Princess when this was being rolled out last November.  The future cruise guys were selling this package hard on the ship and I overheard a lot of the sales pitch.  In fact I was chatting with the head guy after he went off duty and he was saying that they'd been assigned a quota of packages to sell, which they were well on the way to meeting.  🤷‍♂️

They were pushing the benefits of the 7 day hotel stay to allow for a 7 night stay in European hotels before or after a Med cruise, for instance.  They had a list of the hotels and claimed that they were all 4 star minimum hotels.  (I never saw the list, however).

There's also an option to pay the balance over time or in installments.

If hotel nights aren't a priority for someone, I'd think this wasn't a good deal, just for a cruise.  But it's legit, albeit not for everyone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

Total pointless response. 😔. Also, where did you read that I said I wished for this?  

I was referring to the universal we   This is all from a third party vendor that Princess  hired to run future cruises. From my experience they will push anything and not give you any details until they have your money

• Like 1