Security photo upload?

Hi all,

Can you tell me what type (or specifications) are required for the photo that's to be uploaded? Can I do that for everyone in our party?

People have to take a photo when they check in.  Usually, it's done on a phone in app.  Each person can do their own.  It's not hard.  It will probably be retaken when you board anyway.

Edited by moposh

Its like a passport photo. You don't have to take the picture and can skip it. At the terminal they will take your picture. 

on al of my cruises they never use my uploaded photo and always taken a new one

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

You don't have to take the picture and can skip it.

I tried to skip it and it wouldn't let me.  I used to be able to skip it, but not recently.

Thanks. I was wondering because one person in our party is abroad and the other will be in California. They aren't due back home until a week before the cruise. I was wondering if I could do it for them.

25 minutes ago, wrg said:

Thanks. I was wondering because one person in our party is abroad and the other will be in California. They aren't due back home until a week before the cruise. I was wondering if I could do it for them.

Just take a head shot  of a photo they are in.  If the photo is not up to RCCL standards,  they will snap another, takes 10 seconds. 

m

I've given up also. I tried to upload photos for several cruises and they are always rejected, including ones that were accepted for my passport renewal. I just let them take it at the pier, it literally takes seconds.

3 hours ago, wrg said:

If you have a photo of them you could take a "photo" of the photo.  I did that for my daughter as she was at school when I checked in.  Do you have access to everyone's reservation?  Why can't this person check in online?  They can do it from anywhere.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I have a passport photo I use each cruise. Each cruise it fails the first time and accepts it the second time.

Just make sure of the regulations for the photo for different cruise lines. I know Disney will not allow you to use the same photo that is used in your passport.

I wouldn't worry too much about the photo--just go through the process as requested while checking in on-line and snap one using your phone, tablet  or pc camera.  As mentioned above, when I checked in at Port Canaveral last week, the agent wanted a little higher up angle.  So it took all of 5 seconds for her to hold up her Ipad and snap a new picture.

6 hours ago, moposh said:

I tried to skip it and it wouldn't let me.  I used to be able to skip it, but not recently.

I've had no trouble skipping it as recently as two weeks ago. I never bother as I completely agree with all those that say it's not worth the trouble.

I got "express boarding" on a miami cruise.  They said people where selected that are passport holders, a good picture and had all their information entered in the app.  So it may be worth it trying to get a good picture.

I used the same passport photo for three cruises in a row. Oasis and Odyssey accepted it and symphony check in person retook a new picture with their tablet. The last two I just take a selfie against a light colored wall in a well lit room through the app and they accepted that picture.