Diamond Level Free Drinks

1 hour ago, Mikamarii said:

Ya that is what I figured....There are 4 of us that will hit diamond for the 2nd cruise.....4 drinks a day x 4 people x 16 days is a lot to the point I would feel awful if they got nothing from those drinks haha. 

I guess everyone believes what they believe. I was told by the Concierge in the Diamond Lounge last year on Quantum that the drinks through the voucher system have nothing in the way of tips going to the server or bartender.  I also asked about room service and he said most room service runners do it voluntarily as a way to get extra cash tips. If the delivery is free there is no tip to anyone, if the service fee applies then there is a small amount that goes into the ship pool.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm not interested in getting too heavily involved in the tip discussion, but...

Someone who claimed to have previously worked as a bartender on Oasis recently did an AMA on Reddit and claimed they they did indeed receive a tip when you use a voucher. The math was a bit convoluted but basically he said he received a little over $1 per drink from RC.

Believe it, don't believe it, just sharing.

I believe it.  That's why they go out of their way to ring up a bottle or two of water when you cash out your vouchers at the end of the evening.

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have one in my hand within 90 seconds of getting on board 😉 

Impressive. I don't think I have ever hit the 90 second mark but it's usually soon after embarking. For some reason I always get my first one from the Pool Bar so it takes a little time to get up there.

13 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

I believe it.  That's why they go out of their way to ring up a bottle or two of water when you cash out your vouchers at the end of the evening.

In the past, I very seldom (10% of the time?) received a receipt for a Diamond drink. I just got off Jewel last week and I received a receipt for almost every Diamond Drink. Interestingly, toward the end of the cruise when the bartender knew he was going to get a cash tip from me, I received fewer receipts to sign.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

In the past, I very seldom (10% of the time?) received a receipt for a Diamond drink. I just got off Jewel last week and I received a receipt for almost every Diamond Drink.

Same experience on Wonder last week.

So guys & gals Diamond+ here...question: On cruises I only will drink 4 types of drinks: beer, apple martinis ( at dinner..), Sprite Zero AND a B-52 shot..in case you don't know, a B-52 is made of Kahlua, Grand Marnier and Bailey's ( FYI to remember what this , just think of the Russian intelligence group, the KGB to know what's in it...)..it's sweet & yummy..it's kinda like 1/3 shots of each liquor..I ALWAYS drink these on cruises.. so, do you think this will count as one drink or 3? The beers in the Diamond or now the "Crown" lounge stinks, so I get my beers at either the British Pub or Playmakers ( I like draft beers mostly..) Thanks!

Big Al

7 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Can the vouchers be used at the Vitality Cafe?

Yes, but certain add-ins (like protein powder I guess, I don't know much about that stuff) may cost extra. I do know I took my niece to get a basic smoothie there before and she used a voucher.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, but certain add-ins (like protein powder I guess, I don't know much about that stuff) may cost extra. I do know I took my niece to get a basic smoothie there before and she used a voucher.

Thanks! We will definitely use some vouchers there this summer.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 3:22 PM, firefly333 said:

It does not include a gratuity. Some bring dollar bills to give to the bartender, some add a tip they write in. The cash tip I think they keep so I'm betting they prefer cash. 

It  depends.  I have seen several bars where the tips are put in a bucket, so shared by the whole bar staff.  Not sure if the share on for the staff of that bar or all the bars are also pooled.