Diamond Level Free Drinks

Hi

As I understand it as a Diamond member I can get up to 4 alcoholic drinks per day.  If true, do I get coupons in my cabin?  Is there something on my card that the bar tenders recognize me as a Diamond member?  Or each time I get a drink, at a bar or at dinner, do I have to tell the server that I'm a Diamond member and that this drink is free for me?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Charles

We tend to visit the same bartenders/bars once we find the "best" ones on the ship, and they typically don't need to be told to use a voucher. If we're using an unfamiliar bar, we'll specify just to be on the safe side, and they will also often tell you how many vouchers you have left. You can also usually use your spouse's vouchers if you're in the same cabin/same folio. 

We have found that in the main dining room, they may not run the drink through immediately, so if you head out elsewhere in the ship afterwards, you may get incorrect information about the number of vouchers left. Happened to me, and guest services took care of it the next day when I had an unwarranted charge. Sometimes even when we specified whose card was to be dinged for the voucher in the MDR they would still not always get it right.

You can check things on the app, too. Bar charges or voucher usage show up almost instantly.

• Thanks 1

It is 4 drinks a day so be careful if you want to use them only on alcoholic drinks if you get something else.  The bartenders tend to use the vouchers first so specify you would like to or not like to use a voucher when ordering.

• Like 4

They will be included on your sea pass card. They can be used for any drink, not just alcohol.  Simply tell the bartender/server something like, "Please use my daily drinks" or "please use my Diamond drinks".  They also can tell you how many you've had and how many are left.  They reset at 5am each morning.

They are good at most any bar and are also good at Coco Cay or Labadee. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, ChaCr said:

Hi

As I understand it as a Diamond member I can get up to 4 alcoholic drinks per day.  If true, do I get coupons in my cabin?  Is there something on my card that the bar tenders recognize me as a Diamond member?  Or each time I get a drink, at a bar or at dinner, do I have to tell the server that I'm a Diamond member and that this drink is free for me?

Thanks

Charles

Be careful in the MDR, often they run the drinks on one seapass even though you hand them two.  After the first night they usually don't even ask for your sea pass card, they just add it to the primary guest.  Same goes for the showrooms, just give them one card and know it will be hit with two drinks. I usually give them my sea pass in the MDR and give them my wife's card in the showrooms.  If you have a drink on boarding day before you get the sea pass cards on your door just let the bartender know tour cabin number. PS, pretty good coffee in the  Diamond/ Crown lounge. They will use a voucher for drinks in the Crown lounge now.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you have a drink on boarding day before you get the sea pass cards on your door just let the bartender know tour cabin number.

Or you can show them your set sail pass and they can scan the bar code as proof.

2 hours ago, Moltar said:

It is on your SeaPass card and they will ask if you would like to use the diamond voucher

I've been Diamond for a while and I've never had a bartender ask me if I wanted to use my diamond voucher.  As long as I haven't used all 4 of mine, they always just use it without me telling them to.

26 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I've been Diamond for a while and I've never had a bartender ask me if I wanted to use my diamond voucher.  As long as I haven't used all 4 of mine, they always just use it without me telling them to.

Complete opposite with me, they always ask. Diamond+ here

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 3

We tip $1 or $2 per drink. Then extra tip placed inside the "Tip-Tip Hooray" envelopes at the end of the cruise to the best bartenders.

* Tip less, tip more, don't tip,...your choice. Happy sailing.

• Haha 1

You can use them for fresh squeezed OJ , bottled water, and specialty coffee if you arent a big drinker.

As also previously mentioned you can get specialty coffee in the Crown lounge at no additional charge

and not use a voucher.( You may not have access to the lounge between 5 -8 pm )

We never got through all our vouchers , so we collected bottled water at the end of the evening .

• Like 3

FYI they can also be shared.  I ordered a drink for myself and my SIL (not Diamond) and requested to use vouchers for both.  No problem.  As opposed to the beverage packages where you can not share.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 1:30 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

We tend to visit the same bartenders/bars once we find the "best" ones on the ship, and they typically don't need to be told to use a voucher. If we're using an unfamiliar bar, we'll specify just to be on the safe side, and they will also often tell you how many vouchers you have left. You can also usually use your spouse's vouchers if you're in the same cabin/same folio. 

We have found that in the main dining room, they may not run the drink through immediately, so if you head out elsewhere in the ship afterwards, you may get incorrect information about the number of vouchers left. Happened to me, and guest services took care of it the next day when I had an unwarranted charge. Sometimes even when we specified whose card was to be dinged for the voucher in the MDR they would still not always get it right.

You can check things on the app, too. Bar charges or voucher usage show up almost instantly.

I’m wondering  in the main dining room or any restaurants I turn in my 4 vouchers a get a bottle of wine value $56 and higher and pay the difference. TIA 

9 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

I’m wondering  in the main dining room or any restaurants I turn in my 4 vouchers a get a bottle of wine value $56 and higher and pay the difference. TIA 

I think you can just turn in 1 voucher on 1 bottle of wine? You get a discount on the bottles under $100. 

Cant turn in all 4 towards 1 bottle.

29 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

1 voucher = 40% off under $100

1 voucher = 20% off $100+

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 4:16 PM, ChaCr said:

Hi

Thanks

Charles

I think I read that Starbucks is included.

I’m gonna try next time 

but loaded on your individual card so my wife doesn’t drink and I use hers separately.

22 minutes ago, Joesantos said:

I think I read that Starbucks is included.

I’m gonna try next time 

but loaded on your individual card so my wife doesn’t drink and I use hers separately.

Drinks from the Starbuck's branded kiosk are not included.  Starbucks brand coffee that is served in Royal Caribbean venues is.

On 2/20/2024 at 11:15 AM, fletch1027 said:

Also can be used for shakes if your ship has a Johnny Rockets

I've very much heard mixed reports on this.  Some say yes, some say no.  Our personal experience on the Oasis in 2022 was that we could only use the 50% off coupons, but not our drink vouchers.

Don't know if there has been any official change or clarification to the policy since then, but I have seen a number of posts on this topic.

Mike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mandream said:

I've very much heard mixed reports on this.  Some say yes, some say no.  Our personal experience on the Oasis in 2022 was that we could only use the 50% off coupons, but not our drink vouchers.

Don't know if there has been any official change or clarification to the policy since then, but I have seen a number of posts on this topic.

Mike

I've used D vouchers for "adult" JR shakes on several sailings on Anthem.  Used a D voucher for a regular JR shake on Liberty.  No JR on Enchantment or Voyager.

Did not try Oasis in Oct. 2021.  Will be on Oasis next month, so I'll see how it goes.

We dined at JR on Liberty and they used one of our drink vouchers to pay for our milkshakes. We told them to put the voucher back on our seapass and to charge us cash for the milkshakes. We didn't want to waste vouchers on the milkshakes when they were worth a lot more to purchase an alcoholic beverage.