Carnival legand dead in the water

We are currently on the legand, we left Freeport around 1:30 for Baltimore. The captain mada an announcement about 2 hours later and said they had a propulsion problem and would keep us updated.  2 hours later he announced about another 2 hours and we should be under way, sorry for the delay.   The navigation screen says we are moving 3 to 4 knots and heading for Florida. No further announcement made. This ever happen to anyone?

• Like 1

We are booked on the Legend for the next cruise leaving Baltimore on Sunday.  Got a call from Carnival around 8PM saying they would contact us by 2PM tomorrow with further updates but we should not start traveling to the port before we hear from them.

Have never been in your situation but was on the Pride several years when the wind was so bad we got in to Baltimore on Monday afternoon and we were expected to arrive at 8AM the day before.

Am unclear about the dead in the water part? You left at 1:30 and 2 hrs later (3:30) were told you had a propulsion problem and then 2 hours later (5:30) you were told another 2 hours (7:30) and you should be under way again. how long after 3:30 until you were you dead in the water?

Title of thread is very misleading. Doing 5 knots because of a technical issue is not dead in the water. I’m assuming you also still have all amenities up and running? Entertainment around the ship still going as scheduled? Carnival Splendor was once dead in the water, Carnival Triumph was once dead in the water. Carnival Legend is not currently dead in the water. 

• Like 18

Last update I am aware of @ 7:30 said they anticipated repair complete in 2hrs.  We have not heard anything since, Guest service desk just told me no change of status since last report. Navigation screen shows us close to Florida at 4.3 kilometers hr.  Houston I think we are going to Florida. Bad part of that is I cannot fly home as I just had eye surgery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

Title of thread is very misleading. Doing 5 knots because of a technical issue is not dead in the water. I’m assuming you also still have all amenities up and running? Entertainment around the ship still going as scheduled? Carnival Splendor was once dead in the water, Carnival Triumph was once dead in the water. Carnival Legend is not currently dead in the water. 

If being blown around at 5 knots is “doing 5 knots” this is accurate. The ship is facing the West. It is moving East. 

• Like 2

Not attempting to misleasd, fastest speed we have seen is right now at 4.3 was closer to 3 previously. Crushing speed previously was 14 to 17, while "Dead in the water" is not exactly correct ,  the lights are on and the party continues we are not going to make Baltimore for our scheduled disembark and no new info has been provided

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AndhVonnegut said:

Nothing misleading at all. The ship has no propulsion. People seem to be confusing the ship being blown around at 3-4 kts in 8-9 Beaufort winds with it being under power at reduced speeds. 

The engines were turned off to complete the repairs. The repairs are clearly taking longer than they anticipated. The ship is not dead, the engines are purposely off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Latest: There was a medical evac in Florida. We are now en route to Baltimore. The captain said they would update us with new arrival time in a couple of hours. Engine was fixed. We're not currently traveling and full speed yet.

• Like 3

You’d have to think with the distance between Port Canaveral and Baltimore, the ship would arrive back in Baltimore by PM Sunday. Hopefully it can arrive by 3pm-4pm so the next cruise’s guests can board at a reasonable time in the evening. 

• Like 1

Just now, samcraig said:

Latest: There was a medical evac in Florida. We are now en route to Baltimore. The captain said they would update us with new arrival time in a couple of hours. Engine was fixed. We're not currently traveling and full speed yet.

I had seen overnight they had gotten up to over 20kts post-fix pre-medevac. So that was promising to see.