How do you apply HIA dining credit to a reservation?

pschweig

When dining reservations for our July cruise opened today, I made Pinnacle Grill reservations for our family of 7. All 7 of us have dining credits through the HIA promo. When making the reservation, my only option was to make it under my name. My credit card was charged the full amount for 7 Pinnacle Grill reservations. 

Is there anyway I can edit the reservation, applying the Pinnacle Grill dining credit for each of our party of 7? Or, do I need to have my TA do this? 

Thank you for your answers in advance. 

I tried making a new Pinnacle Grill reservation, following your suggestion. There was a place to enter a promo code - no pull-down menu. I entered “dining” as it is listed as “dining” under our “available credits”,  only to see the response “invalid code.” 

This might be my TA’s problem now unless I can find something which works. 

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Do you see your credits in the booking onbthe website? Select the credits,  it should take you the booking page. There should be a box to check that says "Complementary Dining" or something similar. 

This has been discussed here a fair amount. How far out are you from sailing? If more than 5 months, it may not be available yet.

I tried making a new Pinnacle Grill reservation, following your suggestion. There was a place to enter a promo code - no pull-down menu. I entered “dining” as it is listed as “dining” under our “available credits”,  only to see the response “invalid code.” 

This might be my TA’s problem now unless I can find something which works. 

Thank you for your suggestion. 

136 days away from sailing. 

I show 2 dining credits for each of us. Our HIA specifically states dining credits are for the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind. I went to “Available Promotional Credits”. It lists “Dining: 2 Credits”, which is not clickable. 

Sorry for the repeat post. 

You can't do 7 online, anyway.  A party that size has to be booked through Ships Services, so make it a TA problem.  The dining credits can be applied and all's good.

With six or fewer, you can add passengers from another booking, you just need the booking reference and the passenger names to do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Do you see your credits in the booking onbthe website? Select the credits,  it should take you the booking page. There should be a box to check that says "Complementary Dining" or something similar. 

This has been discussed here a fair amount. How far out are you from sailing? If more than 5 months, it may not be available yet.

This may have been discussed a fair amount, but has it been discussed since HAL changed their website? I also have used the complimentary dining before for two guests, but the new website does not have an option to apply complimentary dining on the website format. At least not that I can find.

Like the OP, need help finding how to apply the complimentary credit for dining from someone who has done so on the updated website. Thanks.

Today i tried to book Pinnacle dining using our HIA credits with no luck so i thought that if i entered my credit card info, the reservation would go through without a charge. Guess what? It didn't so i initiated an online chat. She said reservations using the credits won't openup for another few months! I can't believe it. You purchase the add on package and basically get treated like a second class citizen. 

There may not be any desirable reservations left by the time we are allowed to book.

Totally unfair.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:58 AM, visagrunt said:

You can't do 7 online, anyway.  A party that size has to be booked through Ships Services, so make it a TA problem.  The dining credits can be applied and all's good.

With six or fewer, you can add passengers from another booking, you just need the booking reference and the passenger names to do.

Thank you for this information. A reservation for our family of 7 traveling together is my main priority. With a large group, it is important to secure a reservation as early as possible.

Sounds like a call to my TA. Hopefully she will be able to get HAL to apply our HIA dining credits and I will be refunded the money charged to my credit card. So glad we have one! 

Seems I’m not the only one having problems!

14 hours ago, PatSp said:

Today i tried to book Pinnacle dining using our HIA credits with no luck so i thought that if i entered my credit card info, the reservation would go through without a charge. Guess what? It didn't so i initiated an online chat. She said reservations using the credits won't openup for another few months! I can't believe it. You purchase the add on package and basically get treated like a second class citizen. 

There may not be any desirable reservations left by the time we are allowed to book.

Totally unfair.

@PatSp Hold on a minute and take a deep breath.  Dining reservations open up for everyone who has booked at the same time whether you are paying by dining credits or credit card. Generally, the dining reservations open up about 3 months before the cruise.

If the person on the chat worded it to sound like dining credit reservations had a different/later start time, then that was incorrect.  Check the HAL website under "Manage My Cruise" starting about 4 months before the cruise to see when they open, then go ahead and book.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  Have a great trip and bon appétit.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

Wrong. They are open now for an August cruise. I went in and made reservations and used my credit card. They charged my card instead of using my credits. When I  did a chat to find out why thats when I  was told I  couldn't use my credits for another 2 or 3 months. So i registered my complaint and asked to cancel my dinner reservations charged on my credit cards. I have the emails with my dinner reservation cancelation to prove it.

Reservations are open NOW if you want to pay. 

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

@PatSp Hold on a minute and take a deep breath.  Dining reservations open up for everyone who has booked at the same time whether you are paying by dining credits or credit card. Generally, the dining reservations open up about 3 months before the cruise.

If the person on the chat worded it to sound like dining credit reservations had a different/later start time, then that was incorrect.  Check the HAL website under "Manage My Cruise" starting about 4 months before the cruise to see when they open, then go ahead and book.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  Have a great trip and bon appétit.

~Nancy

They have changed something recently and you cannot use dining credits when it first opens up.

We are slightly 130 days away for our cruise. Pinnacle Grill reservations opened last Fri. Tamarind and Canelleto do not show yet. Just like PatSp, my credit card was charged for our party of 7. I can’t even delete the existing reservation - that does not work either. I followed all the step-by-step directions given by wonderful people trying to help myself and the OP on the post “Navigator App Help”. No luck!

I have applied dining credits on previous cruises. Nothing is working as before on the website. Apparently, something has changed. 

I am so grateful for everyone’s comments and suggestions, including those who commented in the post “Navigator App Help.” I truly appreciate those of you who patiently give advice and try to help as much as possible. 

I just emailed my TA. 

Edited by pschweig

In the interest of fairness, today I logged into the Navigator app and now more than 24 hours later, I can book dining and use my credits. Apparently, i cant use all 4 credits in the Pinnacle. But at least i can use them.

The person I was on the chat with gave me bad info. Not sure why.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PatSp said:

In the interest of fairness, today I logged into the Navigator app and now more than 24 hours later, I can book dining and use my credits. Apparently, i cant use all 4 credits in the Pinnacle. But at least i can use them.

The person I was on the chat with gave me bad info. Not sure why.

@PatSp  Thanks for reporting back and I'm happy that the policy has not changed regarding booking credits!  Your cruise dining opened much earlier than mine did so that's good!  It's really unfortunate that people sometimes get wrong answers when calling HAL looking for information.  It happens way more than it should! 😡

Gus Antorcha, the president of HAL, just addressed the call center quality problem in his Q&A on board the world cruise yesterday. He said they are aware of the issue, and they are trying to improve. 🤷‍♀️  

Have a great cruise and you can always come back here to ask questions.  Most people on CC are here to learn and share knowledge!

~Nancy

18 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

They have changed something recently and you cannot use dining credits when it first opens up.

Not correct fortunately.  See post #19.  Another glitch in the website.  🙄

In a similar vein I keep getting emails telling me 'It's time to checkout' (I hope they don't mean literally! 😱) Your cart awaits......

But, I cannot find my cart.  

The only way seems to be to add another item to the cart and then go in and cancel everything.  

HAL seems really resistant to online commerce.

On 2/26/2024 at 6:27 AM, PatSp said:

Wrong. They are open now for an August cruise. I went in and made reservations and used my credit card. They charged my card instead of using my credits. When I  did a chat to find out why thats when I  was told I  couldn't use my credits for another 2 or 3 months. So i registered my complaint and asked to cancel my dinner reservations charged on my credit cards. I have the emails with my dinner reservation cancelation to prove it.

Reservations are open NOW if you want to pay. 

Same with me so I did not book and I have HIA