Microwave????

rjack22

I think I know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask anyway.   Does a guest have access to a microwave anywhere on the ship?  Buffet perhaps?   Sky Princess if that makes a difference.

I know heating pads are prohibited so if there was access to a microwave I could bring one of those bags you throw in the microwave and heat up with me on the cruise for my aching back.

10 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

I think I know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask anyway.   Does a guest have access to a microwave anywhere on the ship?  Buffet perhaps?   Sky Princess if that makes a difference.

I know heating pads are prohibited so if there was access to a microwave I could bring one of those bags you throw in the microwave and heat up with me on the cruise for my aching back.

Maybe something like this? Amazon.com: HotHands Body & Hand Super Warmers - Long Lasting Natural Odorless Air Activated Warmers - Up to 18 Hours of Heat - 10 Individual Warmers : Sports & Outdoors

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

No microwaves available.

If it were me, I would bring some of those ThermaCare Heat Wraps.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

No microwaves available.

If it were me, I would bring some of those ThermaCare Heat Wraps.

They work well .. 

Also, the OP might consider a hot water bottle.  I know a lot of people have success with those and the water from the sink usually gets nice and hot.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They work well .. 

Also, the OP might consider a hot water bottle.  I know a lot of people have success with those and the water from the sink usually gets nice and hot.  

That is a great idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

They work well .. 

You can also get hot water at the buffet or delivered to your room with the breakfast card, room service, or Ocean Now

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rjack22 said:

No microwaves. I buy the heating pads that you break the little crystals and they heat up. Are they as hot, no but it's better than nothing.

Thank you everyone.   Now I have options.   Thanks Sea Hag.  Nice to talk to you again.  We were on the Sky Princess last year together.

Since I was not allowed to bring a heating pad on board (which I use quite often for my back) I purchased a battery operated heating pad in belt form.  It is charged with an USB cable and you were it like a back brace.  The one I purchased also had a massager in it.  Now I have it to use on future cruises as well.  Came in very handy when we had to sit in the airport for 24 hours after our flight was delayed/cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:07 AM, Cruise Raider said:

They work well .. 

I hurt my shoulder when our plane landed, just before our New Zealand cruise on the Royal Princess. I ended up buying a hot water bottle at one of the ports and it worked very, very well. The sink water was hot enough to fill it. 

I will be bringing one on my next cruise, just in case.

• Like 2

We just did a cruise on the Discovery Princess in February.  My DW has a issue with her lower back that is helped with a heating pad. I purchased some Therma Care air activated heating pads from Walmart. She first tried them at home before the cruise and found that the heating pad worked just as well as the electric one and it allowed her to walk around. On the cruise she would put one on before dinner and it lasted the whole evening and into the early morning if we went to Crooners or Take Five. We had no issues with taking them on the ship.

Happy Trails 

Screenshot_20240303_190900_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 3:32 AM, rjack22 said:

Hot water bottle works a treat.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

I purchased some Therma Care air activated heating pads from Walmart.

Be very careful with Thermacare. I stopped using them after having one burn me.