Riverside Hotel?

Hotel was nice when we stayed there.  Great balcony view of the waterway, a lot of things to see & do along with restaurants within walking distance.  Stayed there twice for cruises and very satisfied with both stays.

55 minutes ago, Zuluboudreaux said:

Hotel was nice when we stayed there.  Great balcony view of the waterway, a lot of things to see & do along with restaurants within walking distance.  Stayed there twice for cruises and very satisfied with both stays.

Not all room have balconies....only rooms in the newer wing.

I stayed there between cruises in October 2022.  I am going back pre cruise this May.  I really liked that it's in the middle of lots of restaurants and stores.  The river view from many rooms is nice.  Next time I'll take the water taxi around to sight see more and go to the adjacent Boathouse Restaurant on the river.  It's not a fancy type place but my room was clean, and it has a nice small independent hotel feel to it.  The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I spent some quality time in the Golden Lyon Pub people watching! 😁 Good food for Happy Hour.

~Nancy

• Like 1

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel in January.  We loved it.  Location is great - right on Las Olas Boulevard.     It cost about $20 for the taxi from FLL.  We took the shuttle that they offered from the hotel to the port for $12 each.  Easy peasy.  

We had dinner at the Boathouse restaurant, which is adjacent.  It was very good.  

IMG_0674.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is there a less expensive transfer from FLL to Riverside?

We’re meeting friends at the hotel pre-cruise who will be using the Park n Go for parking so we won’t need a transfer between the hotel and cruise terminal…

On 3/5/2024 at 6:21 PM, cruisegal40 said:

We love it there. We have stayed 4 times.  We  grab a taxi. I am not waiting on others.  Quick and easy with many restaurants near by. 

We were there last week.  Agree re shuttle.  It was $12 pp. They were strongly suggesting it.  We had called a cab.  Cab was $22 with tip and we were onboard quickly.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josie2 said:

We were there last week.  Agree re shuttle.  It was $12 pp. They were strongly suggesting it.  We had called a cab.  Cab was $22 with tip and we were onboard quickly.  

We did the cab as well. I am not waiting for folks to fill up the shuttle. I want to get on the ship!

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

We did the cab as well. I am not waiting for folks to fill up the shuttle. I want to get on the ship!

So even with the $12/pp fare, you may have to wait for others going to the hotel?

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

So even with the $12/pp fare, you may have to wait for others going to the hotel?

In this case to the pier but yes you may have to wait for it to be filled. 

28 minutes ago, Josie2 said:

In this case to the pier but yes you may have to wait for it to be filled. 

Thanks…I was asking about FLL to Riverside, @antmaril had mentioned $20 by taxi, but I see now others were talking about the hotel shuttle vs taxi from the Riverside to the ship…😄

We have friends driving in to sail with us, and they will likely use the Park n Go as that looks like a very popular choice for folks with vehicles…

We’re used to staying in the Danai Beach area and that is less expensive. But the Las Olas area and Riverside looks like a nice option!

We sign up the night before for a shuttle for the specific time that we are to be boarded on the ship. There is no long wait for shuttles to fill up. Go go down 5 min before and get on. The people taking cabs to the ship are the ones trying to all board at the same time, are the ones waiting outside in the hot sun. 3,000 plus can not all board at the same time. There are reasons you are assigned a boarding time. Be aware, the cabs in Fort Lauderdale try to over charge by not using the meter. Has been going on now for a few years. If the meter is not on tell them to stop, or call the police.

Again thanks for all the info. Is there someplace really close to find a bagel for breakfast? Seems I read that a few years ago. Now looking forward to our stay in afew weeks.

16 hours ago, blue_water said:

Thanks…I was asking about FLL to Riverside, @antmaril had mentioned $20 by taxi, but I see now others were talking about the hotel shuttle vs taxi from the Riverside to the ship…😄

We have friends driving in to sail with us, and they will likely use the Park n Go as that looks like a very popular choice for folks with vehicles…

We’re used to staying in the Danai Beach area and that is less expensive. But the Las Olas area and Riverside looks like a nice option!

Yes, we took a taxi from FLL to the Riverside Hotel and then we took the shuttle to the port for $12 pp.  Honestly, the shuttle loaded quickly and we were on our way.  I didn’t have to worry about telling a taxi driver which pier.  The shuttle driver was familiar with all of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2024 at 10:06 PM, blue_water said:

$20 to $25 will be about right, that is per taxi, not per person. Uber May be a little bit less expensive but only for a few dollars.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kelib said:

$20 to $25 will be about right, that is per taxi, not per person. Uber May be a little bit less expensive but only for a few dollars.

Make sure the taxi uses its meter, if the driver doesn't quote a fixed rate. The hotel should be able to give you the usual price.

• Like 1

If the meter does not get turned on, demand to get out. It has been a problem for a while now in Fort Lauderdale. $15 cab ride and the drivers demand $50. Do not let it happen to you. They prey on older people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our Lyft "extra comfort" ride from the Riverside to the port this past November cost $17.  Cheaper than the shuttle for 2.  

Uber comfort from airport to Riverside Hotel was $21.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1