WHICH SUNSET BAR IS TIERED?

hovank

I thought Reflection used to have the tiered Sunset Bar but when I looked at recent photos it does not have the tiered bar down to the Oceanview Cafe.

Does anyone know which Celebrity Ship has the tiered Sunset Bar?

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, hovank said:

Tiered where it had steps down to three different levels to sit at while having drinks back there.

That is on Beyond/Ascent/Xcel, Reflection and Silhouette do have improved Sunset Bars compared to the older S-Class ships, but just have some stairs going down to the outside OVC area.

3 hours ago, kr00t0n said:

That is on Beyond/Ascent/Xcel, Reflection and Silhouette do have improved Sunset Bars compared to the older S-Class ships, but just have some stairs going down to the outside OVC area.

The Sunset Bar on the Beyond and Ascent are vastly improved over the S class or Edge & Apex Sunset Bars.  Love the theme, love the many seating areas with cover from the elements.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

IMO reflection has the best sunset bar and it is tiered. 

Have you been on the Beyond or Ascent?  We would have agreed with you before sailing on those 2 ships.

• Like 1

Reflection is the only S class ship that has the two sunken seating areas off to either side. Reflection is also the only ship that does not have the curved stairs down to the buffet outdoor area, instead the stairs are located where the bar sits on the other 4 ships. The other four S class ships have the stairs with the small seating area or landing before you go down a deck to the buffet. 

I would say only Beyond and Ascent are truly 'tiered' but the are in no way similar to S class Sunset bars. 

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Have you been on the Beyond or Ascent?  We would have agreed with you before sailing on those 2 ships.

We were on Beyond. The Sunset bar is very pretty but we didn’t like that the only shade was the smoking area. And honestly I still like the S class ships better than E class. I know I’m in the minority there but just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does Eclipse have a bar outside of Oceanview like the M class ships or just the Sunset Bar up one level?

Eclipse has an Oceanview Bar outside of the Oceanview Cafe and it has a Sunset Bar above it.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

. they are much nicer areas.. and no round bar that cuts the area in half!

16 hours ago, cbfb said:

We were on Beyond. The Sunset bar is very pretty but we didn’t like that the only shade was the smoking area. And honestly I still like the S class ships better than E class. I know I’m in the minority there but just my opinion. 

Have to agree on S class comment. Nothing like a real balcony. E class are beautiful ships, but it was a one and done for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highway180 said:

Have to agree on S class comment. Nothing like a real balcony. E class are beautiful ships, but it was a one and done for me.

I agree. Just no warmth. We had an SV, definitely agree on the balcony! And the great part of that is the other ships cost less! 🤣

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 4:26 PM, cbfb said:

I don't know how much in the minority you are, there are a lot of us out here that like S class more than E class.  We won't sail on E class again. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I don't know how much in the minority you are, there are a lot of us out here that like S class more than E class.  We won't sail on E class again. 

we also prefer S class 

but 

Never say never 

price and itinerary someday may make E class attractive 😉😁

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

we also prefer S class 

but 

Never say never 

price and itinerary someday may make E class attractive 😉😁

I will grant you that but still doubtful we just really didn't like that class.