List of your ships alternate port or sea day that is replacing Labadee ONLY please

Do you think this could be subject to change.

I see that our Symphony cruise on April 28 has Labadee substituted with another sea day.  Leaving us an itinerary of just Jamaica and Nassau.😣

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

April 29th Allure now going to Nassau instead of Labadee.

Thank you. We’re on that sailing. Nothing in my email yet. I just finished checking there a few minutes ago. I’m glad that they didn’t forget about us. Fighued it would be either Nassau or Coco Cay. Guess we’ll be spending our two sea days going in circles in the Bahamas. 

It’s ironic that I chose this sailing because it was going to Cozumel, not the Bahamas. Then we were switched to Labadee due to a berthing conflict in Cozumel. So, where do we end up? The Bahamas! 😂 Go figure! Going to check my cruise planner now. 

Update: My cruise planner still shows Labadee. Guess they’ll change it eventually.🤷‍♀️

Edited by perfect match
Update
  • Like 2

Hello, sorry for this message, I'm from Argentina, I'm very very sad.

very sad about the suspension of Labadee but why is the INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEA going to Turcs Island? And not to Coco Cay?? We hire a private island where there is food, drink, privacy and transportation. The real and most ethical thing was to go to Coco Cay, why have they scammed us like this? Furthermore, it is not a port that Royal Caribbean uses, and we went to Isles Turcs twice, we already went twice with Carníval, our family trip was destroyed, because they did not want to change ships for me either. They also didn't offer us any remuneration or anything. We don't pay this, who keeps the difference?

Screenshot_20240327_004507_Royal.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozzie26 said:

Adventure May 4 replaced Labadee with Nassau. On the same sailing. Originally Sea Day, The Dominican, Labadee, Sea Day, Coco Cay. Now Sea Day after The Dominican, Nassau, and Coco Cay

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thank you. We’re on that sailing. Nothing in my email yet. I just finished checking there a few minutes ago. I’m glad that they didn’t forget about us. Fighued it would be either Nassau or Coco Cay. Guess we’ll be spending our two sea days going in circles in the Bahamas. 

It’s ironic that I chose this sailing because it was going to Cozumel, not the Bahamas. Then we were switched to Labadee due to a berthing conflict in Cozumel. So, where do we end up? The Bahamas! 😂 Go figure! Going to check my cruise planner now. 

Update: My cruise planner still shows Labadee. Guess they’ll change it eventually.🤷‍♀️

Yes, I intentionally chose Cozumel because I didn't want to go to the Bahamas. So many changes.  I wish they would give us some onboard credit for all this.  I keep having to change my excursions.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nextcruise47 said:

May 23rd. Liberty of the Seas going to Puerto Plata.

May I ask where you got this info from? We are on this sailing and did not receive any change yet.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Natalianob said:

The real and most ethical thing was to go to Coco Cay, why have they scammed us like this?

Welcome to CC.

RCI took the best decision possible given the circumstances.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 4:56 PM, suec12 said:

We depart Mariner on Sat. Will go to Nassau instead. Are there beaches near the port - other posters do not seem fond of Nassau.

Nassau is great- many beautiful beaches and shopping interesting.  Some people go to the Atlantis- other hotel beaches available and public beaches also.   Enjoy- 

14 hours ago, Natalianob said:

Hello, sorry for this message, I'm from Argentina, I'm very very sad.

very sad about the suspension of Labadee but why is the INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEA going to Turcs Island? And not to Coco Cay?? We hire a private island where there is food, drink, privacy and transportation. The real and most ethical thing was to go to Coco Cay, why have they scammed us like this? Furthermore, it is not a port that Royal Caribbean uses, and we went to Isles Turcs twice, we already went twice with Carníval, our family trip was destroyed, because they did not want to change ships for me either. They also didn't offer us any remuneration or anything. We don't pay this, who keeps the difference?

Screenshot_20240327_004507_Royal.jpg

Only 2 ships can dock at Coco Cay at once. Many people are going to be disappointed with the new ports and some will be happy. I got switched to Grand Turk and was pleased as we have never been there before. I've been to Coco Cay several times so I didn't necessarily want to go there again. So, it's 50/50. The best you can do is try to make the best of it or cancel and lose  money. As it's been mentioned here many times, per your cruise contract Royal can change ports for any reason.  I can imagine your frustration especially coming all the way from Argentina, but there's not anything that can be done. I hope you still have a great cruise.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...