FTTF and stateroom being ready

I am Red VIFP and paid for FTTF, in the little black line at the bottom it says all staterooms are available at 1:30 including diamond and platinum. So as a FTTF paid customer am I not allowed to goto the room and drop off my bags and 12 packs of pop before 1:30pm,  I thought we could if we paid FTTF, that was the whole reason I bought it TBH. If anyone can clarify ? Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-19 3.50.01 PM.png

lots of topics about this. this is a standard message that is also for platinum and diamond people 

you can go to the cabin to drop off your bags and then leave. do not stay in the cabin

• Like 4

Guests who have purchased Faster to the Fun are allowed to drop off luggage in their cabins prior to 1:30 PM, but not to occupy the cabin until after 1:30, even if it appears to be “ready.”  This is the same for Diamonds and Platinums. Just drop and leave.

• Like 3

Yes, you are able to do so. You just cannot remain in your room, but must drop off your luggage and leave until staterooms are available (for everyone) as indicated by the signage and announcements.

• Like 2

I print out Carnival luggage tags for my luggage (I usually do carry on), my backpack and beverages I bring on board.  I placed a bag in a closet one cruise and the steward thought the previous week passenger had left it accidentally.  Fortunately, I was able to retrieve it.

Have a great cruise!!

• Like 1

I prefer to leave my baggage out in the hall (leaned up against the wall beside the cabin door, out of the way), that way I don't disturb the cabin stewards who are cleaning the rooms, nothing is mistaken for being left behind in the room, and I don't need to go all the way into the cabin to set stuff down and out of the way.

Just a quick in and out of the hall then back to where guests are allowed to be doing embarkation/debarkation.

Posted (edited)

The doors from the elevator lobbies into the corridors are closed, but diamond, platinum and FTTS’s are allowed to open the door to go to their cabins briefly to drop off luggage.  It’s a very heavy door, but it’s not locked.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

The doors from the elevator lobbies into the corridors are closed, but diamond, platinum and FTTS’s are allowed to open the door to go to their cabins briefly to drop off luggage.  It’s a very heavy door, but it’s not locked.

ok that's what I meant those heavy doors

• Like 2

I used FTTF to board the Liberty just last weekend. FTTF has gotten insanely expensive, but there is still some value in it. I was able to enter the Terminal at 9:30 am even with a much later check in time and I was on the ship by 10:45. We then went straight to the Cabin and dropped our luggage. Then off to Muster and Buffet. I was having a Burger in the Buffet earlier than my Check in time. My video of this process will be released Saturday. 

1 minute ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

I used FTTF to board the Liberty just last weekend. FTTF has gotten insanely expensive, but there is still some value in it. I was able to enter the Terminal at 9:30 am even with a much later check in time and I was on the ship by 10:45

Hmm...I noticed where it now states you basically get a special line during your arrival time.  In the past, we did the above - showed up, got checked in and on board pretty fast, and started grazing, or in the pool with a mojito early on.

I guess worst case we sit around outside the terminal in Miami for an hour or so.  Can always claim ignorance and "that's how it always worked in the past for me."  🙂   

We had it and our friends had it also on Horizon last month. We went straight to room to drop off with no problems. Our friends on another deck tried and they would not let them in even though they told him and showed him the FTTF on the paper. And they didn't push the issue either as I would have pushed the issue. That is part of the FTTF. 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:05 PM, bg2310 said:

I prefer to leave my baggage out in the hall (leaned up against the wall beside the cabin door, out of the way), that way I don't disturb the cabin stewards who are cleaning the rooms, nothing is mistaken for being left behind in the room, and I don't need to go all the way into the cabin to set stuff down and out of the way.

Just a quick in and out of the hall then back to where guests are allowed to be doing embarkation/debarkation.

can they stil get by with their cleaning carts with your bags in the hall?

Just now, Illbcruzn4life said:

They're used to it because the porters drop luggage off in the hall all afternoon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

I used FTTF to board the Liberty just last weekend. FTTF has gotten insanely expensive, but there is still some value in it. I was able to enter the Terminal at 9:30 am even with a much later check in time and I was on the ship by 10:45. We then went straight to the Cabin and dropped our luggage. Then off to Muster and Buffet. I was having a Burger in the Buffet earlier than my Check in time. My video of this process will be released Saturday. 

I don't recognize this port, which is it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

As someone else already said, the answer is yes. It's standard for your luggage to be left out beside your cabin door propped up against the wall on embarkation day when having a porter bring them on for you.

They are able to manage and get by that way or it wouldn't be allowed I'd think, but I do try to lean it up as close to the wall as possible to allow as much space as can be for stewards and their carts.

Also, typically the night before debarkation, if you choose to have your luggage taken off the ship for you, they also have you leave it out in the hall beside your cabin door for them to retrieve that night in preparation for debarkation the next morning.