Question re Luggage on Celebrity Summit Boarding from Port of Miami

I have a question regarding luggage. Last year were took a cruise on Celebrity Edge and we were able to walk on with our luggage and take it directly to our stateroom. Does anyone know if the Summit offers this option?  We are sailing from Miami on April 20th on a Panama Canal cruise.

Many thanks!!

Marge

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Yes, to actually answer your question.

Subject to its size fitting through the scanners at security as correctly pointed out by @Mr. Click. Typically that would limit that which can be brought on to airline size carry on to mid size luggage. And as the staterooms don't typically open to passengers until 1:00 PM, if you are checking in early you would have to keep your luggage with you until then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Subject to its size fitting through the scanners at security as correctly pointed out by @Mr. Click. Typically that would limit that which can be brought on to airline size carry on to mid size luggage. And as the staterooms don't typically open to passengers until 1:00 PM, if you are checking in early you would have to keep your luggage with you until then.

I’ve always gone directly to my room and drop everything off.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Liao said:

I’ve always gone directly to my room and drop everything off.

6 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Exactly what I did on Summit late last month @ 10:30.

OK then, with the correction to the time the staterooms may be open open made, your luggage still had to fit through the scanners and to my understanding that typically would restrict large sized luggage, correct?  That was the caveat I was making.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

OK then, with the correction to the time the staterooms may be open open made, your luggage still had to fit through the scanners and to my understanding that typically would restrict large sized luggage, correct?  That was the caveat I was making.

If OP was able to carry luggage on onto Apex, I imagine that luggage will fit through the scanner for Summit.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I utilize the ships laundry service and my luggage size reflects that.

41 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not on Celebrity.  Take it to your stateroom, pick up your key, leave tge cases and come back later.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Last year when we sailed on the Edge we were able to drop our luggage in our rooms as soon as we boarded at Noon, (even if the rooms were not all ready).  

55 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Exactly what I did on Summit late last month @ 10:30.

Did you sail out of Miami?  Someone told me it may depend on the port of departure.

49 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

If OP was able to carry luggage on onto Apex, I imagine that luggage will fit through the scanner for Summit.  

As a Zenith, I thought you and your luggage were brought on board like this, Ruth:

37352032a79c0385aae79f2896318bc2.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Not at all---they'll hand search.

Not a great way to make friends.  I would not be a happy camper if I was standing online behind some people who had the bright idea to just carry on all of their oversized luggage.   The whole boarding process is annoying enough now so why make it worse?  Bring what fits in the scanners and yes, you can now take it right to your cabin and drop it.  SeaPass cards etc are on the door of your cabin, they are not handed out prior to boarding anymore in most places

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Not a great way to make friends.  I would not be a happy camper if I was standing online behind some people who had the bright idea to just carry on all of their oversized luggage.   The whole boarding process is annoying enough now so why make it worse?  Bring what fits in the scanners and yes, you can now take it right to your cabin and drop it.  SeaPass cards etc are on the door of your cabin, they are not handed out prior to boarding anymore in most places

I understand.  Bringing all your luggage with you when you get on the ship is a real pain, so I would think those people that are willing to subject themselves to it, do it for a good (and personal) reason--so I am willing to roll with it.  Hand searches are done off line so as to not hold things up.    

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

As a Zenith, I thought you and your luggage were brought on board like this, Ruth:

37352032a79c0385aae79f2896318bc2.jpg

Is this boarding experience available for purchase in my cruise planner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Nope. In July you were allowed to take your carry-on to your cabin and drop it off - and pick up your card.

Understood.  Previously noted that correction.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I understand.  Bringing all your luggage with you when you get on the ship is a real pain, so I would think those people that are willing to subject themselves to it, do it for a good (and personal) reason--so I am willing to roll with it.  Hand searches are done off line so as to not hold things up.    

I understand that, I just don't want to see it become the norm.  When leaving the ship we now do the express walk off.  It is easier without any inspections and you are going down hill for the most part.  We started doing after one bag "vanished" in San Juan one day.  It did show up about 20 minutes later when the one who thought it was his realized it was not but....shore staff was less than helpful so now we just roll it all off.

• Like 1