Pirate’s LIVE Girls’ Trip on the Vista…April 6-14, 2024

1 minute ago, Stallion said:

JanMan has Badges?

1 Badge Earned

Great ReviewRare

Great Review for a post in a topic

Earned October 20, 2023

Yes, We've earned one badge in over 25 reviews covering 38 cruises. Good thing that we do our reviews for our Cruise Critic family, and not Cruise Critic! 😃

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Met Keshore at the Tides Bar. He's not in Havana this week. Stephanie and the gang made quite an impression last cruise! 😁

Oh laws! It did get to the point he would see me walk up and just make my drink. 😂

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Yes, We've earned one badge in over 25 reviews covering 38 cruises. Good thing that we do our reviews for our Cruise Critic family, and not Cruise Critic! 😃

Your reviews are much appreciated!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So we spent some quality time with Jeff and Patti at Red Frog Pub. When we noticed we were moving, we parted ways and Mark and I somehow ended up in the pizza line. Twice. 🤷 Then moved over to Tides bar. No Keshore. We were ignored for about 30 minutes but we entertained ourselves talking to some 21 y/o kids. Finally got drinks and made some new friends, a 20 something guy and his dad. Then hit the deli. Oh Lordy, Precious still works there. 🤦

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

So we spent some quality time with Jeff and Patti at Red Frog Pub. When we noticed we were moving, we parted ways and Mark and I somehow ended up in the pizza line. Twice. 🤷 Then moved over to Tides bar. No Keshore. We were ignored for about 30 minutes but we entertained ourselves talking to some 21 y/o kids. Finally got drinks and made some new friends, a 20 something guy and his dad. Then hit the deli. Oh Lordy, Precious still works there. 🤦

How was the pizza? lol B had a MAJOR craving on the way home 😂 Her trainer is ticked off already. Bahaha. 

Wonder where Keshore has been moved to? He was awesome. I’m currently missing him and my “Cuban iced teas with Diet Pepsi please!” His personality and attentiveness to his guests was top notch! 
Precious?? Is that really her name? No joke, all week long we looked for her name with no luck. It was always not on/covered up by apron. I loooove the deli but she was a real dealbreaker at times. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Precious is really the deli person’s name?😳

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, edspec said:

@pirate4me2 great review, thank-you. I really want to try Havana but I’m so cheap…you’re pushing me to the dark side 🙂

You should try it! A Havana interior is “even ok” as my mom puts it, because you have that big, huge, wonderful back deck area. 

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Precious is really the deli person’s name?😳

That’s what I’m saying! I have met a few ladies named Precious, it’s just the irony of this one that’s got me shocked. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

How was the pizza? lol B had a MAJOR craving on the way home 😂 Her trainer is ticked off already. Bahaha. 

Wonder where Keshore has been moved to? He was awesome. I’m currently missing him and my “Cuban iced teas with Diet Pepsi please!” His personality and attentiveness to his guests was top notch! 
Precious?? Is that really her name? No joke, all week long we looked for her name with no luck. It was always not on/covered up by apron. I loooove the deli but she was a real dealbreaker at times. 

No, Precious is not her real name,  but that's what we'll call her until we learn her true identity. 

Jendra and Katherine are the bartenders working in Havana this morning. Keshore said he is working at Tides and the MDR this week.😎

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, edspec said:

@pirate4me2 great review, thank-you. I really want to try Havana but I’m so cheap…you’re pushing me to the dark side 🙂

All you need is an inside cabin. Best value on the high seas in regards to the Havana area! 😎

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

No, Precious is not her real name,  but that's what we'll call her until we learn her true identity. 

Jendra and Katherine are the bartenders working in Havana this morning. Keshore said he is working at Tides and the MDR this week.😎

All I could think of was this...😉🤣

Official BS and shenanigans & Good Morning America Thread | Page 350 ...

Edited by ninjacat123
added emojis
  • Haha 10

Is Jerlynn (sp?) still working in the Havana area this week? We did a B2B 2 weeks ago in Havana and Kishore and her were our favorites! Jerlynn is constantly mopping, removing the cushions during rain and checking wrist bands. Them and all the “aquatic attendants” were incredibly friendly and made our cruise so awesome. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

All you need is an inside cabin. Best value on the high seas in regards to the Havana area! 😎

Agree!!!! 

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

All I could think of was this...😉🤣

Official BS and shenanigans & Good Morning America Thread | Page 350 ...

hey, that’s accurate!!

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We call my mother in law "precious" and it's not because we think she is 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/12/2024 at 9:07 PM, pirate4me2 said:

....and she asked if I really needed arugula on it. I said yes, it isn’t the same without, and she sighed and told me she would be right back. 

missed opportunity - I'd have been tempted to say - yes of course because there are “no menu substitutions”

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Megan_Strick said:

We call my mother in law "precious" and it's not because we think she is 🤣 

😂

1 hour ago, ARcruisin2 said:

missed opportunity - I'd have been tempted to say - yes of course because there are “no menu substitutions”

I wanted to…but I was trying really hard to be nice. 

40 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Just a side note. What kind of dog is in your profile pic?

Aussie 🙂 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I have it's cousin, a border collie.

We petsit occasionally for a border collie, who Divya adores. They are both high energy and love to help with farm chores!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

We petsit occasionally for a border collie, who Divya adores. They are both high energy and love to help with farm chores!

My girl herds the cat!  You're right, high energy dogs.  Pep always has a ball in her mouth waiting for someone to throw it.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 9:16 PM, pirate4me2 said:

The pizza has been awesome, all 4 times we've had it. I don't know if it's because we haven't had any since December or what, but we love it. lol

Yeah I have no idea what deli lady's name it but like @Jamman54 said, that's her name for now. Sadly, we avoided the deli tonight.

On a good note, we met your fav at the Ocean Plaza Bar this morning and went back tonight for a few champagne drinks. She was able to make Christine's Fav (from Golden Jubilee on Celebration) though she had to call her supervisor to get the ok. I guess they added it to their system and she showed the other bartender how to make it. So yay!

• Like 5

Great read!  Too bad I found it a bit too late!

First time on CCL since 2015, we took the kids.

Do they still make you sign for your drinks?

I remember back then, waiting in line for 20 mins for a drink, wife found a table and stayed with it, but would only let me buy 1 drink, so she had to go back in line herself and wait inline also

By the time she got back mine was empty. lol

We are staying in Havana, for her 50th Bday on Horizon.

We have Cheers, this time as well.

hangover.jpg

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, threewide said:

Great read!  Too bad I found it a bit too late!

First time on CCL since 2015, we took the kids.

Do they still make you sign for your drinks?

I remember back then, waiting in line for 20 mins for a drink, wife found a table and stayed with it, but would only let me buy 1 drink, so she had to go back in line herself and wait inline also

By the time she got back mine was empty. lol

We are staying in Havana, for her 50th Bday on Horizon.

We have Cheers, this time as well.

hangover.jpg

Yes, you do still have to sign a $0 receipt for your drink.....so annoying. However, every bar we went to would allow mom to take my card with her, or vice versa, and order me (or her) a drink as well. We would just wave from the table at the bartender and they would make both. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2