Pirate’s LIVE Girls’ Trip on the Vista…April 6-14, 2024

3 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

We want to try the Teppaniki (I can’t spell that fancy word) if we ever get back on a ship that has it. 

You will not be disappointed!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

There's a 2nd person working the deli today. And the first lady seems to have a much more pleasant attitude. I even saw her smile lol.

No one likes to be so overworked. Glad she has help today!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

There's a 2nd person working the deli today. And the first lady seems to have a much more pleasant attitude. I even saw her smile lol.

Glad you had a pleasant experience with her today…my two experiences were not so!

We slept in until 9 today, and went to Blue Iguana for breakfast. Arepas, yum!! When we finished we headed ashore to one of my favorite ports that I haven’t been to since 2018…Grand Turk! 

IMG_2396.jpeg

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

• Like 9

We wandered to the Splashdown exhibit, then went to swim. The water was sooooo clear and a little chillier than expected, but not bad. We hung out on the beach until about 1, then walked the shops to get a few souvenirs. How do yall like my retail therapy? My small “port purse” has been getting ratty, and I didn’t own a beach bag…now I got 3!

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2405.jpeg

• Like 13

We got back onboard at 2 and went to the deli for provisions. My “friend” was there, and was a bundle of joy. A man asked for a sandwich with extra cheese…she told him no. A lady asked for a BLT with no lettuce, and she said “no menu substitutions” and threw it on anyway. What the??? I asked for the Southwest wrap, no fries, and got half a wrap with fries. Ummmmm…

IMG_2406.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

The wrap was garbage. The chicken tasted weird, so I went back up and got a steak & cheese. Much better!! 

We headed to the Havana area and spent all afternoon there. Keshore has learned my drink of choice and sees me coming now and just mixes them up for me. 😂 We hung in the pool & hot tub until about 630, then decided to wander about the ship. 

IMG_2402.jpeg

• Like 8

B bought a few things, and I popped in for a few minutes of America Rocks. The cast are OK. From there, we headed to Lido for dinner at 8…where I had run in #2 of the day with Deli Lady. I asked for the tomato & mozzarella sandwich, and she asked if I really needed arugula on it. I said yes, it isn’t the same without, and she sighed and told me she would be right back. 

11 minutes later (yes I timed her) she returned with the arugula, and of course a line had formed by then. She huffed and puffed about the line and gave me my sandwich with no smile. 

IMG_2408.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

B and I went and got a drink at Red Frog Pub (have I mentioned yet that I really love that venue and miss it on Horizon & newer ships??) and then came back to the room to watch a movie. B is currently contemplating running to get pizza, but is afraid of how her trainer and dietitian are going to scold her when she gets back home. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

where I had run in #2 of the day with Deli Lady.

Yikes! You’re making me not want to go to the deli.  

Which I do a lot.  

We’re sailing in 3 weeks and if she’s still there and has an attitude such as this, I will give her a second chance.  

Then I will simply smile at her, find an officer and fix the problem.  Forget that noise.  I’m not dealing with that all week. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

B bought a few things, and I popped in for a few minutes of America Rocks. The cast are OK. From there, we headed to Lido for dinner at 8…where I had run in #2 of the day with Deli Lady. I asked for the tomato & mozzarella sandwich, and she asked if I really needed arugula on it. I said yes, it isn’t the same without, and she sighed and told me she would be right back. 

11 minutes later (yes I timed her) she returned with the arugula, and of course a line had formed by then. She huffed and puffed about the line and gave me my sandwich with no smile. 

IMG_2408.jpeg

She better not give Patti or I attitude or I will be speaking to the Food and Beverage manager. Hopefully,  she just had a bad week, which happens. 😎

• Like 16

We got back onboard at 2 and went to the deli for provisions. My “friend” was there, and was a bundle of joy. A man asked for a sandwich with extra cheese…she told him no. A lady asked for a BLT with no lettuce, and she said “no menu substitutions” and threw it on anyway. What the??? I asked for the Southwest wrap, no fries, and got half a wrap with fries. Ummmmm…

IMG_2406.jpeg

This is unacceptable!😡

• Like 2

3 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Yikes! You’re making me not want to go to the deli.  

Which I do a lot.  

We’re sailing in 3 weeks and if she’s still there and has an attitude such as this, I will give her a second chance.  

Then I will simply smile at her, find an officer and fix the problem.  Forget that noise.  I’m not dealing with that all week. 

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

She better not give Patti or I attitude or I will be speaking to the Food and Beverage manager. Hopefully,  she just had a bad week, which happens. 😎

I meant to go last night and talk to someone about her, but the problem is, I don’t know her name. B and I looked yesterday and the day before, and she hasn’t had a name tag on…or if she does, it’s covered up. She had a lady helping her yesterday for a little bit and I don’t want to get the wrong person in trouble. 

• Like 3

B and I went and got a drink at Red Frog Pub (have I mentioned yet that I really love that venue and miss it on Horizon & newer ships??) 

We really enjoy the "vibe" of RFP too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I meant to go last night and talk to someone about her, but the problem is, I don’t know her name. B and I looked yesterday and the day before, and she hasn’t had a name tag on…or if she does, it’s covered up. She had a lady helping her yesterday for a little bit and I don’t want to get the wrong person in trouble. 

Take a pic of her and show the Food and Bev manager. Carnival crew work too hard with friendly attitudes to have a bad apple on their ship.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

IMG_2406.jpeg

No Soup For You Seinfield GIF - No Soup For You Seinfield GIFs

• Haha 13

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We were on the cruise before this one and she was unpleasant on ours also.

• Like 3

Random thing I wanted to mention about our stateroom #5227:

The a/c works AWESOME!!!  As mom put it…B and I want to sleep in a meat locker. It’s the BEST I’ve had in several cruises. Even during the day it’s super cool. LOVE ❤️ IT!

• Like 7

That's crazy that you still had an unpleasant interaction with the deli lady. She really did seem to be in a much better mood when I ate there yesterday. Just goes to show how different people can have entirely different experiences on the same cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sunshower9 said:

That's crazy that you still had an unpleasant interaction with the deli lady. She really did seem to be in a much better mood when I ate there yesterday. Just goes to show how different people can have entirely different experiences on the same cruise.

Maybe you had the other deli lady? Pirate mentioned there were two at one point.

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe you had the other deli lady? Pirate mentioned there were two at one point.

I also pointed out that there were two yesterday. It's definitely the same lady. 

Posted (edited)

So I will say….dinner tonight is going to be the deli, and I’m going to try and see if the mood/attitude is better. I don’t make any special requests (other than no fries), so I’m not sure why I’ve had the experience I’ve had. But anyway…moving on…

We got up about 930 today and hit up Blue Iguana for breakfast. Y’all..,I had the best idea…BREAKFAST TACOS!!! Get the huervos rancheros, no eggs, and take them to the toppings bar. It’s like chicken tacos for breakfast! Ahhhh! I was in heaven. New favorite breakfast onboard. 

After breakfast, we, uhhh…what did we do? Packed. I know we did that. We also walked the shops again. Around 1:30 we hit up Pig & Anchor for lunch, which was good. IMG_2425.thumb.jpeg.b818e9b84973f25fd4a0084486a43156.jpeg 

IMG_2427.jpeg

Edited by pirate4me2
  • Like 9

Just caught up! I got off the Mardi Gras this morning, so I've been busy, but now that I'm off your live is helping me ease back into regular life, lol. Looks like you're having a great time so far. I might have to try the Vista one of these days. I really, really love the Excel ships, but you're making the Vista seem just as amazing! Hmm, I wonder how my husband would feel about booking another cruise so soon after we just got back. 

• Like 3