Pirate’s LIVE Girls’ Trip on the Vista…April 6-14, 2024

Spent a little time at alchemy this afternoon after watching a movie and hanging in Havana. Goran is really good, he made me an espresso martini with fresh espresso from ocean plaza and a 40 is the new 20. 

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

• Like 14

55 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Spent a little time at alchemy this afternoon after watching a movie and hanging in Havana. Goran is really good, he made me an espresso martini with fresh espresso from ocean plaza and a 40 is the new 20. 

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

Those look soooo good! 🤤 

• Like 4

Not quite sure what we are doing for dinner tonight. B’s tummy is a little off, we think from rocking, and mom says she’s tired. Anyway…here is tonight’s dinner menu for the MDR. 

IMG_2167.png

IMG_2168.png

IMG_2169.png

• Like 7

We ended up on Lido for dinner. Pizza & salad for mom, steak & cheese sammich and crab/shrimp cakes for me, and I forget what B got. My steak & cheese was FANTASTIC, and so were the shrimp/crab cakes. 

We finished the evening off with some time sitting on the patio. It was nice, we were the only ones on our side of the ship out there. 

IMG_2176.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

• Like 12

I read somewhere that Cuban coffee is available at the Havana bar in the mornings. Do you know what that entails? Do they have a menu you can post?  If you like coffee and happen to order it I’d love to hear your impression. 

40 minutes ago, MObeachbaby said:

I read somewhere that Cuban coffee is available at the Havana bar in the mornings. Do you know what that entails? Do they have a menu you can post?  If you like coffee and happen to order it I’d love to hear your impression. 

If you do a search for Carnival Havana bar menus you’ll see them. They include the coffee drinks 🙂

• Thanks 1

Will be sailing on the Vista April 20.  What venues are open for lunch on embarkation day?  And which one does everyone recommend?

Much Thanks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MObeachbaby said:

I love coffee and have had a few of theirs, but cannot remember the names. I will make a point to take a pic of the menu next time I’m down there. 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sudoku said:

Will be sailing on the Vista April 20.  What venues are open for lunch on embarkation day?  And which one does everyone recommend?

Much Thanks

Lido marketplace, pizza, deli, pasta, (Cucina), pig & anchor, Guy’s, Blue Iguana…I think that was all. 

Chris loooooves the pasta. I’m not a huge pasta eater, so my go to is either Blue Iguana or the deli…BUT!!!…on this ship, Pig & Anchor has redeemed itself and been GOOOOOD. That Mac & cheese….ahhhh….stuff dreams are made of. 

• Like 5

Before I forget, randomness about cabin 5227:

Our a/c unit makes a weird sound sometimes, like this very rhythmic…not a rattle, not a bumping…I can’t describe it. Tapping on the wall next to the bathroom just so shuts it up. 

The shower! Oh my! The water pressure in there is CRAZY, I love it! It’ll knock a kid down (wait, no kids under 12 in Havana, so we are good), and the temperature…wow. I’ve never had a ship have the water temp so high that I’m happy on the standard setting, I always turn it up. Not here! It is hooot. So, take that “precaution against scalding” warning seriously if you have this room!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I love coffee and have had a few of theirs, but cannot remember the names. I will make a point to take a pic of the menu next time I’m down there. 🙂

Good morning, and thank you!  Glad to hear you love the coffee. I know everyone’s tastes are different but this gives me hope for good cup of coffee 😊 With edspec’s help I was able to find the menu online, but now I am wondering what complimentary Cuban food they might be serving for breakfast and lunch 😋  Thanks for your review!

IMG_3111.jpeg

IMG_3112.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Lido marketplace, pizza, deli, pasta, (Cucina), pig & anchor, Guy’s, Blue Iguana…I think that was all. 

Chris loooooves the pasta. I’m not a huge pasta eater, so my go to is either Blue Iguana or the deli…BUT!!!…on this ship, Pig & Anchor has redeemed itself and been GOOOOOD. That Mac & cheese….ahhhh….stuff dreams are made of. 

So good to hear this about the BBQ! It was very inconsistent on our 4 Mardi Gras cruises and just plain awful on Celebration in December. Can't wait to get some GOOD mac & cheese!

How have the lines been for Guy's Burgers, pizza & deli? Just read some comments on FB and they made it sound like 30 minute lines all the time. We usually try to avoid peak times and have little to no issues but we've never been on a Vista class ship so close to spring break either. 😉 

I don't think they've had food in the Havana Bars since the restart.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Just wondering where you got that delicious looking steak and cheese sandwich from! The deli? 

The deli. It’s yummy!! 

9 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

So good to hear this about the BBQ! It was very inconsistent on our 4 Mardi Gras cruises and just plain awful on Celebration in December. Can't wait to get some GOOD mac & cheese!

How have the lines been for Guy's Burgers, pizza & deli? Just read some comments on FB and they made it sound like 30 minute lines all the time. We usually try to avoid peak times and have little to no issues but we've never been on a Vista class ship so close to spring break either. 😉 

I don't think they've had food in the Havana Bars since the restart.

Guy’s line moves quick. Pizza was pretty dang quick too. Deli…ugh. I adore the deli, but it’s slooooow and the girl working there this week needs a shirt saying “I love my job.” Twice now she’s been less than friendly and just…unFunship worthy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We hit up Blue Iguana for breakfast about 9:30, and there were no lines. The food was delish, I got an arepa (with the tomatillo salsa it’s YUMMYLICIOUS!) and a burrito. B got the same and devoured it. Mom, being a little pickier, didn’t like the arepa (WHAT is wrong with her???) and unrolled her burrito and picked thru the innerds. 

IMG_2188.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

In port with us today was Icon OTS, Celebrity Apex, and this AWESOME yacht. We headed off about 10:30 and just walked downtown. I was on a mission to find my guavaberry steak sauce I got here years ago…and I was HEARTBROKEN to learn they no longer make it. 😭 

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

IMG_2200.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

IMG_2210.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

• Like 12

After learning about my steak sauce, I sulked and headed back onboard. It was about 1:30, and we hit up the deli for lunch. I got a veggie burger and then went to Guy’s to get fries and fix up the veggie burger from the toppings bar there. Yum!! I gotta say tho, the lady working the deli is NOT friendly, she’s actually kinda mean (she scowled at me when I asked for cheese on my veggie burger and huffed when I said no fries) and she is SLOW. Expect a long line and to wait 10-15 minutes sometimes. 

IMG_2224.jpeg

IMG_2230.jpeg

IMG_2229.jpeg

• Like 13

We spent the afternoon in the Havana area drinking Cuban iced teas and lounging in the pool and hot tub. It was wonderful! We stayed until 4, then decided to take turns using the shower and getting ready for dinner. I love tonight’s menu….the shrimp poke bowl is sooooo good, Girod salad yummy, and Indian vegetarian dish spicy!! 

IMG_2225.png

IMG_2226.png

IMG_2227.png

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

• Like 8

After dinner we walked to Red Frog Pub for a drink and to play shuffleboard, then decided that we were just DONE. The sun has taken it out of all of us, and even tho it’s only 8:00 we are in the cabin in our PJs. Tomorrow is St Thomas, and we have an excursion planned so we gotta rest up!

• Like 11

That yummy yacht is the M.Y. Faith.  She is available for charter, 12 guests in 7 cabins, crew of 31.  Costs a bit more than the MSC YC:  $1,736,000/week plus expenses.  EM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

That yummy yacht is the M.Y. Faith.  She is available for charter, 12 guests in 7 cabins, crew of 31.  Costs a bit more than the MSC YC:  $1,736,000/week plus expenses.  EM

Sounds pricier than “Below Deck” yachts! Ooo-lah-lah🤑