Pirate’s LIVE Girls’ Trip on the Vista…April 6-14, 2024

3 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Yes, you do still have to sign a $0 receipt for your drink.....so annoying. However, every bar we went to would allow mom to take my card with her, or vice versa, and order me (or her) a drink as well. We would just wave from the table at the bartender and they would make both. 🙂

Even if my DH was standing at the bar, I would grab both receipts and sign them, forging his signature.  I'm his "travel" secretary.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

32 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Even if my DH was standing at the bar, I would grab both receipts and sign them, forging his signature.  I'm his "travel" secretary.😉

We do the same.  Not even a real signature, just a squiggly line.  What an exercise in futility!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/15/2024 at 11:19 AM, Playhouse05 said:

Is Jerlynn (sp?) still working in the Havana area this week? We did a B2B 2 weeks ago in Havana and Kishore and her were our favorites! Jerlynn is constantly mopping, removing the cushions during rain and checking wrist bands. Them and all the “aquatic attendants” were incredibly friendly and made our cruise so awesome. 

Yes she is. What a sweetie!! 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

We do the same.  Not even a real signature, just a squiggly line.  What an exercise in futility!

I did the same last week with Mom, and you know what? You dont even need a pen to sign, your fingernail can be one! A few bartenders got a good kick out of that! 

• Haha 9

23 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I always do the same thing.  It's usually just my first initial lol.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2024 at 11:19 AM, Playhouse05 said:

Is Jerlynn (sp?) still working in the Havana area this week? We did a B2B 2 weeks ago in Havana and Kishore and her were our favorites! Jerlynn is constantly mopping, removing the cushions during rain and checking wrist bands. Them and all the “aquatic attendants” were incredibly friendly and made our cruise so awesome. 

Just one more note, Jerilyn has two more months on her contract. 😎

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

@Jamman54, has Precious improved at all this week? 

Patti said she had no problems the last two times she was there. She never wears a name tag, and if she smiled her face would break! 😎

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh wow, sounds about right as far as personality goes. I'm glad Patti has had no issues with her! 

It's interesting how the attitude of a typical friendly, welcoming Carnival worker to a surly, discontent Carnival worker is such a large contrast.  Maybe if Precious worked at McDonald's we wouldn't notice her negativity but on a Carnival cruise, she sticks out like a sore thumb. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Thank goodness, I think. 😂

I actually prefer the smart elevators! If people follow the directions, they work wonderfully. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Stephanie, we found out today Setyo will be on Vista until June and then moving over to Mardi Gras in late August. We're super happy about that since we're on MG again in September. 

Yes, she told me she would be on for my June cruise and its her last week onboard. I am so excited she will be there, she was so sweet!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'm all caught up and enjoyed your review, as always. It looks like you all had lots of fun, minus the deli lady, and lots of good drinks. 😁🍹

Thank you for reading! We did have a great time. Such a good time, in fact, that less than a week later B was ready to pull the trigger on another cruise! Next year she shall try MSC Seashore, since Mom and I raved about how awesome our YC cruise was last year. Looks like maybe we will have yearly girls' vacations? 

• Like 4